What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedge

Juniors
Being a passionate sports fan is such a f**ken shit business to be in
You have no input into the running of the club
It costs you money either directly or in-directly
Then you are left to deal with whatever is served up (the shit in most cases)
:(

Swiftstylez

Bench
We've had our differences but I agree with you here. I spend shitloads of time and money on tickets, parra gear, travelling to games, etc. I'm done for the year.

Exactly. This is after being burnt in the 2009 grand final and the 2007 finals series as well.

The NRL not being able to get this under control in 5 years, waiting until this late in the season and having to be tipped off speaks volumes about them.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Well I wonder if the club will give refunds on memberships. I support the club no matter what but have no interest in attending games that we are not going to earn points for. I've supported this club through the good times and bad but this is the darkest day in our history.

My thoughts are with Brad Arthur and the players thank you for atleast bringing some joy to this supporter for the year and showing pride in the jersey.

Seriously how does the NRL expose itself and a clubs players, coaches and members to this?

Isn't their job among other things to protect the game? How is having a system of self reporting TPA's and not knowing of EXACTLY what each club is spending looking after the interests of the game?

Parra's mismanagement is disgusting. We all know this. We all know we need to accept the punishment. The NRL should've been all over this like a fly on shit 3 years ago. Even as we sit here now, 1 ...thats right 1 club has been thoroughly investigated.

At the press conference Mr Weeks was asked if they need to look at the way clubs self report TPA's' and he replied 'We think it's fairly effective'. haha mate, let me tell you, if a club with 0 internationals (prior to this year) is competing against a team with 9 internationals and the club with 0 is covering up $3 million worth of rorting, these are massive red flags and as such not conducting a similar thorough audit on the 15 other clubs is gross negligence.

NRL management has let us fans down as much as our own pathetic incompetent management. The NRL as the governing body should never have let it get this far. The players, coaches, tv networks and perhaps above all else us fans have been let down by those at the top running this borderline amateur comp.

Greenberg sits at the press conference today like ' this is a sad day none of us wanted ' and how he thought he'd be a hero by fronting the players face to face. Mate, the NRL let us all down. Do your job as the governing body and make sure all teams are adhering to rules prior to the start of every season. This is a multi billion dollar business. Get every club in order. Honestly I don't know how us fans turn up and support this shit going forward other then doing it for BA and the Boys who are in the same boat as us.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
You don't get rewarded for putting your ambition before the club. He is a grub of a human being and all his mates are as deceitful as the incompetent board that he has put under the bus.

But the simple voters out there don't know what he's done, they just know under him this never happened.

Perception of very powerful.

Parra Pride

Coach
Exactly. This is after being burnt in the 2009 grand final and the 2007 finals series as well.

The NRL not being able to get this under control in 5 years, waiting until this late in the season and having to be tipped off speaks volumes about them.

We lost to the Storm in 2006 as well.

EDIT: Because I can't calendar.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Considering they were trying to offer discount memberships a couple of weeks ago, I think they need to keep as much money as possible to pay the fine.

Chipmunk

Coach
Just watched a press conference with BA...he says we have to win 12 from 15 and we will make the Final. I'm actually confident they can get the job done to be honest.

ek999

First Grade
Hindmarsh on Fox: was asked if he was angry with past and present management. He said that he hadn't really thought about it.

Another lost opportunity to get stuck in. Should have had a go a Sharp, Spags, the Leaker and NEWS Ltd.

Why blame News Ltd or anyone else in the media? Their job is to get stories. The only ones at fault are those at the club who were part of the cheating

Well I wonder if the club will give refunds on memberships. I support the club no matter what but have no interest in attending games that we are not going to earn points for. I've supported this club through the good times and bad but this is the darkest day in our history.

My thoughts are with Brad Arthur and the players thank you for atleast bringing some joy to this supporter for the year and showing pride in the jersey.

Thought about the refund question myself. But the current idiots morons will be gooooooorrrneeee and we'd only be affecting the new board who know doubt would be trying to fix crap up. Stay strong I say. For this year at least.

eel01s

Bench
"Just watched a press conference with BA...he says we have to win 12 from 15 and we will make the Final. I'm actually confident they can get the job done to be honest."

If we are under the cap by the next game.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Considering they were trying to offer discount memberships a couple of weeks ago, I think they need to keep as much money as possible to pay the fine.

They've got plenty of money, I doubt they'll lose much sleep over the $1m fine.

Avenger

Immortal
Just think about this, Sharp had agreed with BA as coach and Also Brian Smith as Managrr football, understand the vote was 5-2 to appoint JT. Sharp went to several board members and asked what it would take to change their Mind and appoint Brad. 2 said , appoint DA as we know him as manager, football and we change

We got Brad and Sharp rang Brianto tell Him what had occurred , makes you wonder the real cost of the other appointment :(

This was not from Sharp but one of them that changed their vote

Brian Smith would be the first person I would appoint to replace Anderson.

forward pass

Coach
The complete stupidity of trying to rort the cap after what happened to Melbourne is beyond belief. Our management showed it simply had no idea how to put a successful football squad together over many years and so resorted to cheating as the traditional and legal way was not working.

I have resorted to the fact that my club is run by dodgy cheating merkins whose stupidity knows no bounds.

This will end up being a great day for our club. Doesn't seem like it - but it will in the long term. This is the beginning of a new era and a new chapter in the Parramatta story. Eels forever .

hindy111

Post Whore
That's actually want the NRL wants, and they aren't getting it from me.

Me either

I am now glad Panthers beat us a few weeks back. And i will support them for the rest of this year.

My interest in league now has taken a big dive thou. NFL has already become the sport i enjoy most and i am starting to warm to the Giants (GWS)
I used to love NRL and love league but loyalty only gets you so far. Just slowly fell out of love with the game. It was somewhat re kindled this year but after that blow it will be hard to ever have as deep an interest in the whole NRL.
Following Parra is just so mentally draining.

Status
Not open for further replies.