What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But my interpretation of the NRL press conference is that we were docked the 12 points because every time the team won a match it was over the salary cap this year. We essentially only lost the 12 points because of this fact. The other issues were what we got the fines and staff/board have to leave were about.

Yes, that is how I saw it too.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well that stuffed my day.
They say what dosent kill you makes you stronger. Was that Voltaire as well Twizz?
As long as BA and the team stay strong its a new beginning.
Is this why we have so many one season contracts?
I just want to see our team as they have been this year and Ill be happy. Weve already had more wins this season than under Kearney or The Tiny Toad.
Go you Mighty Eels.

Parra Pride

Referee
Silver lining, if we lose Norman because of this at least we still have f**king Luke mother f**king Kelly. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Kornstar

Coach
Hey Denis, was it worth it mate? Do you really think that now you will get back in? You delusional old prick.

Think about it, the last time the club wasn't a shambles was under him. His way of thinking and the general way fans think is that he will make it all better.

It's not a bad way to think if you are him. Sure he blew the whistle and orchestrated all of this but in the end we still cheated and were deceitful so you can't exactly be angry at him.

Our board and management are just f**king stupid! Adios to them and bring in the next lot of dodgy fans to keep the merry-go-round going!

KromyD

Juniors
It is only 570k

Watmough retires, we are sweet.

Can play for points next game, too far back to catch up, but oh well.

Exactly, it's only 570k. They just cant let the situation overwrite the club to the point players want out or are more inclined to accept another clubs offer.

Watmough wont nudge on his asking price, if the board see that his payout being the huge financial loss that it will be is worth taking for the integrity of the club. It could really be a way for Parra to get rid of some dead wood plus unearth some local talent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The selfish part of me is embarrassed that the club I love is a laughingstock.

The Croatian part of me is like, "f**k all of you at the NRL - I'll show up to every game to watch us play, and hope we win enough games to make the 8 and f**k things up a bit!"

But, sadly, the selfish part of me wins out...

Incorrect

Coach
Fitzy is like those blokes that fight bushfires with the rural fire service after being the ones to have lit it in the first place...

EDIT - Joshy beat me to it!

Dibs

Bench
Yes they did. They renegotiated current contracts for the next season taking pay cuts to be compliant. The nrl said they won't let that happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts