What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Eels

doyen

Bench
If Madge didn't like Cook's style of hooker then why on earth did he sign the guy? What your saying doesn't make sense. In saying that, I am absolutely baffled by the dropping of Cook. The only logical explanation I can think of is that he may be injured; he hasn't been named for Norths this week so maybe that is the reason why he hasn't been selected.

As for us resigning Peats, I'd be very very surprised if that happened. The whole reason why Madge let Peats go was because of a supposed attitude problem (along with Peats wanting regular football) so I'd be very surprised if he and Madge are on good terms. Moreover, I'd have a massive question mark over Peats' devotion and desire to be at club. I mean how on earth can you get yourself up for playing at club that you didn't really expect to be at and who your old team was competing against the week before!

Madge signed Cook because he played a similar style of game,on the surface anyway, to Issac.

In reality he doesn't have the special qualities that Issac possesses;notably the strength,toughness & all round game. Madge certainly would have reservations about playing him against a hard pack like the Eels,so hence,he has been dropped.

Cook is a 2nd grade version of Issac, if you like!

Peats is a Sths jnr who has forged a very good reputation in the past couple of years, so Sths,I think,would welcome him back;probably at Cook's expense.

souths_pride

Juniors
Madge signed Cook because he played a similar style of game,on the surface anyway, to Issac.

In reality he doesn't have the special qualities that Issac possesses;notably the strength,toughness & all round game. Madge certainly would have reservations about playing him against a hard pack like the Eels,so hence,he has been dropped.

Cook is a 2nd grade version of Issac, if you like!

Peats is a Sths jnr who has forged a very good reputation in the past couple of years, so Sths,I think,would welcome him back;probably at Cook's expense.
I find it hard to believe that Madge would sign a player without analysing him thoroughly. I think he would have done his homework on him and gained an insight on every aspect of his game before making the decision to sign him. In any case, if he can't trust him produce out on the field then there is no way he should have signed him. Its as simple as that. I've voiced my opinions before on Cook and how I believe he is better than McInnes so I'm not going to repeat them.

Also, the eels do not have a hard pack. They make most of their metres through their kick returns and from Semi Radradra playing as both a front rower and a winger. In terms of physicality, only Kenny Edwards and Junior Paulo fit into that category. I'm not saying the eels forwards are not good defensive; they are brilliant in that regards, its just they are not a physical team.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i think keary can improve and get back to his best if the forwards play better. i hear cody has played fullback before, and went quite well

Keary improve. You're kidding.

I've fallen out of bed. You're kidding.

I've heard it all from you now alien.

Put the tent up and let the years go by.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Seriously there is something wrong at Souths.

AJ - He's proven again and again, at Fullback. He's nothing but a Welcome Mat for
try scorers. He's a good finishing Winger. Nothing more.

Keary/McInnes - Does Richo have the kahunas to send them both to the Dragons?
Perhaps do a trade for De Belin or Frizell?

Walker - His only down side apparently is how he kicks the ball towards the opposition legs. Well, it's called a grubber kick! and he doesn't always kick it towards their legs. Heck, It happens to Reynolds too, How come I don't hear fans complain???

Clark - I am not a fan of a player who runs towards the opposition defense, Stops and looks for another forward to pass to. If he thinks he will prolong his career by doing that, He's nothing but a Chicken!

I hope this AJ at Fullback, Keary on the bench, Clark on the bench, McInnes starting is temporary until we find suitable replacements.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge has come out this morning and said he doesn't want Peats.

Madge said we have 2 good hooker options with Cam and Damien and he's happy with them.

Golly golly gosh whats going on??????

If AJ fails at fullback the next option is play Oldfield there.

GI should be at centre and Cody at 6.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Seriously there is something wrong at Souths.

AJ - He's proven again and again, at Fullback. He's nothing but a Welcome Mat for
try scorers. He's a good finishing Winger. Nothing more.

While i don't agree with AJ at the back, a lot of people (including the a lot in here) have been calling for inglis to be moved. If you move Inglis from fullback someone else has to go there. AJ is our best choice unfortunately

Keary/McInnes - Does Richo have the kahunas to send them both to the Dragons?
Perhaps do a trade for De Belin or Frizell?
You can't just magically make players move. Why would dragons Give up 2 highly rated forwards for an out of form half or a reserve grade hooker?
Walker - His only down side apparently is how he kicks the ball towards the opposition legs. Well, it's called a grubber kick! and he doesn't always kick it towards their legs. Heck, It happens to Reynolds too, How come I don't hear fans complain???

Its not just his grubber kicks, his last tackle options weren't that good, defence a bit poor and maybe he doesn't fit into the style the coach wants. He has some good qualities and showed glimpses of promise but maybe lacks a little polish at the moment

Clark - I am not a fan of a player who runs towards the opposition defense, Stops and looks for another forward to pass to. If he thinks he will prolong his career by doing that, He's nothing but a Chicken!
Clark has his problems but it's bizarre that that's the reason you don't like him. Passing before the line is almost a minimum requirement for middle forwards now days. It's something that is desperately needed in the twins game as opposition forwards know they won't pass, step or offload so they are picked of easy and dominated in tackles. Matt Scott and james graham both have this passing before the line (either out the back or to another forward) as big features to their game add it's helped make them to off the best forwards at the moment. Clark is a worker but if he has problems it's that he doesn't run hard or tackle aggressively

I hope this AJ at Fullback, Keary on the bench, Clark on the bench, McInnes starting is temporary until we find suitable replacements.

I think this party is important. We don't have any replacements. Most of our cap is taken up bya few under performing players. Our 5 best paid players in the team are the 3 burgess brothers, inglis and Reynolds. At the moment inglis and sam are going ok, reynolds is down on confidence, and the twins are going shit house. If we can get those 5 playing to there true value then all we need from the 'duds' is just to do their job

DiegoNT

First Grade
Madge has come out this morning and said he doesn't want Peats.

Madge said we have 2 good hooker options with Cam and Damien and he's happy with them.

Golly golly gosh whats going on??????

If AJ fails at fullback the next option is play Oldfield there.

GI should be at centre and Cody at 6.

Maybe we aren't in a position to make Peats an offer.
What is he supposed to say?
'I would of loved Peats, it's a shame we can't have him because the 2 hookers we have at the moment are shit house'
If you think it's easy go down to your local club and train the guys into the ground, and if any complain or don't meet your standards call them girls or sooks. See how long you last.

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
While i don't agree with AJ at the back, a lot of people (including the a lot in here) have been calling for inglis to be moved. If you move Inglis from fullback someone else has to go there. AJ is our best choice unfortunately

Oldfield did well at fullback at Charity Shield. Is he injured? I would rather have an Oldfield there than AJ. He had his chances when GI was on Origin duty and while GI was injured. Yet AJ failed. I'm sorry but AJ is not our best choice.

You can't just magically make players move. Why would dragons Give up 2 highly rated forwards for an out of form half or a reserve grade hooker?

Cameron McInnes is the "Next Cameron Smith" and Keary is the "Next big thing" according to their supporters. Surely, that should be enough for the Dragons to take the bait ;-)

Its not just his grubber kicks, his last tackle options weren't that good, defence a bit poor and maybe he doesn't fit into the style the coach wants. He has some good qualities and showed glimpses of promise but maybe lacks a little polish at the moment

Thank the lord Walker's last option weren't that good because Keary have none. His defense may be poor, but at least he doesn't do shoulder charges.

Clark has his problems but it's bizarre that that's the reason you don't like him. Passing before the line is almost a minimum requirement for middle forwards now days. It's something that is desperately needed in the twins game as opposition forwards know they won't pass, step or offload so they are picked of easy and dominated in tackles. Matt Scott and james graham both have this passing before the line (either out the back or to another forward) as big features to their game add it's helped make them to off the best forwards at the moment. Clark is a worker but if he has problems it's that he doesn't run hard or tackle aggressively

The only way to gain ground is to run straight. You pass the ball if you're going to set up a play like Graham. Clark looks around for the Burgess Bros to take a hit up for him after stopping meters away from the opposition defense. Why not just take on the line?

I think this party is important. We don't have any replacements. Most of our cap is taken up bya few under performing players. Our 5 best paid players in the team are the 3 burgess brothers, inglis and Reynolds. At the moment inglis and sam are going ok, reynolds is down on confidence, and the twins are going shit house. If we can get those 5 playing to there true value then all we need from the 'duds' is just to do their job

I think since we've been loosing talent in the past, we're now paying overs just to keep them instead of paying overs trying to get them which is a mistake. I hope Richo fix this mess.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The only way to gain ground is to run straight. You pass the ball if you're going to set up a play like Graham. Clark looks around for the Burgess Bros to take a hit up for him after stopping meters away from the opposition defense. Why not just take on the line?

Do you watch other teams? Almost every other prop forward in the game does this. All will run to the line and pass before the line. What this does is keeps the defence in 2 minds. The Twins don't do this, so when defensive see a twin about to get the ball they'll commit 3 or 4 players to the tackle. The twin may make 10m themselves but their play the balls take an eternity, letting the line get set, which means we don't gain momentum and in fact the defensive line now has momentum, meaning that the tackles following a burgess run are usually compromised and our backs never get to run at retreating defenders. Because Scott, graham or any other prop has the ability to pass before the line (and/or offload) it means that you can't over commit defenders to them, they are usually only dealing with 2 defenders (a 3rd may get involved aftrr initial contact) therefore when they do just hit it up they get the faster play the balls giving their team momentum

R20 you have been saying GI to stay at fullback no matter what now today you are back flipping saying gi should be in centres where he doesn't get any ball and when he does there is 4 guys on top of him surely you remember when he first came to us in centres was a huge waste

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 you have been saying GI to stay at fullback no matter what now today you are back flipping saying gi should be in centres where he doesn't get any ball and when he does there is 4 guys on top of him surely you remember when he first came to us in centres was a huge waste

Well Madge is trying something different.

I think GI would be better at centre than 5/8.

I'd play Cody at 6. Cody would get quality ball to GI.

In 2wks GI could very well be back at fullback.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
What's the chance that Inglis defends at fullback and attacks at 5/8? Defence is the biggest worry for AJ while spending half the time at the back reduces some of the running that might be taking a toll on Inglis's knees.

alien

Referee
If you move Inglis from fullback someone else has to go there. AJ is our best choice unfortunately

i've seen oldfield play better than aj at fullback, and cody might be even better. i would love to see a back 3 of cody (1), aj (2), oldfield (5). lots of pace there!

Pommy

Coach
How far is the station from Pirtek and is there any buses etc that take people to and from the stadium like at SFS?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i dont rate aj as a fullback but i wish him luck and ile be right behind aj on fri nite aj is a winger he has nothing on inglis at fullback and never will even if inglis is playing on one leg the whole world knows that,but i hope souths buy a real fullback called tedesco now thats what i call a real fullback.inglis at no6 is stupid he is a real true dinki di fullback or a centre nothing else its a proven fact and madge knows that so why put inglis in at no6 and put keary on the bench?even if souths win dont get your hopes up it may be similar to aaron gray's 4 recent tries and dont forget any dog can have its day. anything is possible im not confident but ile back the bunnies always and jump and scream and sweat till my voice becomes hoarse!!!! thats the south sydney way its ok to criticize the lazy dud players but you always back souths no contest amen S S T I D

Latest posts