What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Eels

alien

Referee
So this would be my side with Sutton, Musgrove, Hunt, and Crichton injured:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Gray
4. Goodwin
5. Oldfield
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Brown
9. McInnes
10. Tom Burgess
11. Carter
12. Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook (replaces McInnes in the 30th minute, and stays on for the rest of the match)
15. Clark (can cover the back row positions if they need a rest or if one of them get injured)
16. George Burgess (used as a prop)
17. Grevsmuhl (used as a prop)

18. Auva'a (he needs to spend some time in reserve grade until he gets back to his best)
19. Tyrrell

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Alien I would start Cook over Cam.

On the bench I'd swap Clark for Whitelaw.

Turner should be put on notice too.

Sam may be out for 4 weeks too with syndesmosis.

souths_pride

Juniors
I think it will be interesting to see who Madge picks for this game. After coming out and saying that there are members of the team that have an attitude problem, he can't possibly field the same 17 players; hopefully during this week off, he identifies those who are putting in and drops them to reserve grade. He said in his press conference that he is going to deal with the situation and now he has to deliver or face more scrutiny over his job.

Rsag85

Bench
george and grevs are not small

You want Grevs to play as a prop. He is more suited running on the edge against tired backs,

Grevs and George I would keep but having two hookers is a wasted when you also have Carter in the side. Also Turner hasn't been going so great the past few weeks.

Bigger forwards off the bench and faster backs is what we need.

Rsag85

Bench
We shouldn't be rewarding under performing players every week IMO, If your not getting the job done then you should be dropped and earn your spot back with hard work.

Only the ones who really wanted it will get the results in the end

souths_pride

Juniors
that really sucks. why are we getting so many injuries??? during the games i keep seeing our players down on the ground injured. :?
Its not just us, it is everyone. Everyone was crying out for a cut down in the number of interchanges so that we could "bring back the little men" into our game. However, what this has inadvertently done is resulted in more players getting injured. Ask anyone who knows one iota about sports scientist and they will tell you that fatigue leads to injuries. Hence, players are being forced to play longer minutes, therefore experiencing greater levels of fatigue which strongly increases their chances of getting injured. Additionally, the limited interchange hasn't really brought back the smaller men into the game; it has actually done the opposite. Teams are now playing bigger wingers and outside backs and using them as extra forwards to preserve interchanges.

souths_pride

Juniors
You want Grevs to play as a prop. He is more suited running on the edge against tired backs,

Grevs and George I would keep but having two hookers is a wasted when you also have Carter in the side. Also Turner hasn't been going so great the past few weeks.

Bigger forwards off the bench and faster backs is what we need.
Grevsmuhl needs to be dropped. I love the guy and think he is fantastic talent but I think he is one of the players whose attitude is missing; his mind is off at Penrith already! I notice against the Tigers, he was one of the culprits who just stood their and watched when a grubber was put in.

Rsag85

Bench
Grevsmuhl needs to be dropped. I love the guy and think he is fantastic talent but I think he is one of the players whose attitude is missing; his mind is off at Penrith already! I notice against the Tigers, he was one of the culprits who just stood their and watched when a grubber was put in.

Grevs did come off injured or something during the game don't think he is 100% yet.

souths_pride

Juniors
Grevs did come off injured or something during the game don't think he is 100% yet.
This is another problem. I'm so sick of hearing that players are playing when they are not 100%! If players are not fit enough to the extent that they can perform to a high standard, then they shouldn't be picked. The way I see it is if they are fit enough to be named in the team, then they should be fit enough to play to the standard required. Picking players who are injured gives them an excuse not to perform and promotes mediocrity. We are better off letting these players rest on the sidelines and take excuses out of the equation.

CAFPOW

Juniors
This is another problem. I'm so sick of hearing that players are playing when they are not 100%! If players are not fit enough to the extent that they can perform to a high standard, then they shouldn't be picked. The way I see it is if they are fit enough to be named in the team, then they should be fit enough to play to the standard required. Picking players who are injured gives them an excuse not to perform and promotes mediocrity. We are better off letting these players rest on the sidelines and take excuses out of the equation.

Yes!!! if they're not 100% fit, do not pick them and do not rush them
in case it might make their injury/injuries worse.

doyen

Bench
that really sucks. why are we getting so many injuries??? during the games i keep seeing our players down on the ground injured. :?

Sths are crucifying Sam by playing him loose & expecting him to play 80mins.

He is a prop & needs to be in that rotation!!

Rsag85

Bench
He's signed with another club & shouldn't be picked in 1st grade for us!!

So what? Players sign with another clubs every year mid season.

Just because he has signed with another club is reason for him not to be picked anymore for us?

Thats just stupid really stupid.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So what? Players sign with another clubs every year mid season.

Just because he has signed with another club is reason for him not to be picked anymore for us?

Thats just stupid really stupid.

We shouldn't of picked sam burgess at all in 2014 with that logic

alien

Referee

grevs can play well at prop too but if he stays in the second row and sam stays at lock, then it means tyrrell will stay in the 17. we just don't have enough big props