What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

SaintHarry

Juniors
Give the guy a break. Just take it for what it is. I too get heaps of info but don't bother putting it because the person who told me says don't tell anyone.
Thanks for the info saint Harry

Mate id love to say who it is but then if i get found out ill never be able to tell you guys anything

SaintHarry

Juniors
Oh I really want to believe it, truly I do. I'll remain skeptical until confirmation from the club. I've just had bad experiences in the past from people claiming to have inside information that they're 100% on and it turns out to be completely false.

Mate at this current moment i can tell you he is staying his manager wants him to develop at the dragons for the time being but the buck stops at luciano thats all u can tell you.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Mate at this current moment i can tell you he is staying his manager wants him to develop at the dragons for the time being but the buck stops at luciano thats all u can tell you.
Who's his manager? The reason I ask is, it might help if he has other players with the Dragons.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Who's his manager? The reason I ask is, it might help if he has other players with the Dragons.

Not that i dont want to say but i really dont know please the last thing i can tell you is demitriou the player in question with his manager were seen together outside a cafe and the conversation was overheard the manager telling demitriou he wanted luciano to develop at the dragons ... ok enough.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not that i dont want to say but i really dont know please the last thing i can tell you is demitriou the player in question with his manager were seen together outside a cafe and the conversation was overheard the manager telling demitriou he wanted luciano to develop at the dragons ... ok enough.

Fair enough Saint Harry.
I think everybody is searching for some positive news regarding this lad.
If your info proves correct you'll become a forum legend! If not, well you know the score there.

duck

Juniors
Just regarding these rumours. Don't stop the chain of events affecting your dreams. Personally I don't want to know anything that's second hand news.
Someone said earlier if we don't sign Leulia he's never going back again. Whatever, go your own way.
If he didn't get signed for a song bird would have stayed.

The Doc

Juniors
Mate id love to say who it is but then if i get found out ill never be able to tell you guys anything
Its all good mate... thanks for the info.
You dont have to spill your source just cause theres wrist slitters on here that need a source yet jump up and down cause the telecrap reports a bullshit story.
But remember, even though nothing is 100% gaurenteed, sometimes its better to just say "i honestly believe he will stay" instead of i got it from a source.
Not having a shot at you mate, but if by the off chance circumstances change and he doesnt stay, you will never hear the end of it from some on here.
Iv actually got contacts within the actually football club, iv had a few chats with Dousty himself, on a "off the record" level. And one thing iv noticed, is that things can change in the blink of an eye.
Even if the dogs dont sign him, whos to say another club wont come in desperate at the 11th hour with a stupid offer?
It happened with bennett, i know for a fact, i saw his letter of intent he signed to return to us with my own eyes. Then boom, last minute broncos jumped in.
I know for a fact as we speak his manager had a chat with the dragons on monday morning and all signs point to him staying. But... nothing has been signed yet, his manager is using the "theres a few clubs interested and are willing to pay X dollars for X years".
And the X dollars are in the established first grade forward mark.
We all remember what happened with one Mr Dan Hunt??
Is it a gamble to sign him to a 4 year deal on pretty big coin (big coin for someone with 2 first grade games to his name) after 2 first grade games?
Its not as straight forward as many think.
The dogs have expressed interest.
The raiders have expressed interest.
The broncos have expressed interest.
And now the panthers have expressed interest.
The broncos are dreaming, the money is low, they are using bennett as the bait, thats already been rejected.
The dogs and raiders have offered nice dollar offers.
The raiders offer is decent but they are using his bro as the incentive.
Our offer $$$ wise is less then the dogs and panthers, more then the broncos, even with the raiders.
Yet he still hasnt signed anywhere yet.
Not a good sign, but at the same time, not a bad sign.
Take it as you all will....

SaintPauli

Juniors
I can't see how the Panthers are in any position to offer top $$$ for Luciano. Merrin 650k Tamau 800k and that's just the forwards at marquee $$$! Crooked chocolate soldiers

saintzrule

Juniors
Just regarding these rumours. Don't stop the chain of events affecting your dreams. Personally I don't want to know anything that's second hand news.
Someone said earlier if we don't sign Leulia he's never going back again. Whatever, go your own way.
If he didn't get signed for a song bird would have stayed.
Don't stop.

denis preston

First Grade

If selected in NRL today surely we are negotiating. When is the one month cooling off period end from the date of his first NRL game ?

The Doc

Juniors
@The Doc thanks for the inside info.
No worries buddy. Lol now if he happrns to sign else where watch me get hung to dry lol
I was in the inner circles of the rangi chase negotiations a few years back...
That was messy... he was all but signed... then last minute... and i mean last minute... it all went to shit.
A press conferance was actually being organised and 2 days before it was to happen the whole deal went sour.
Nothing is a certainty nowadays...
Look at tedesco with the raiders for example.
But one thing im sure off is IF Leilua signs with us, he wont be backflipping.
And another certainty, mary is not an issue with his decision. Leilua has no issue at all with Mary unfortunately.
Time will tell

TheRev

First Grade
I said at the start that it made no sense to go to the Dogs, they have internationals all over their bench already, Leilua can walk straight into 1st grade here.

I dont know whats going on with Mary's replacement (or lack of).. but the way we beat the Sharks, and the next few weeks is really critical for attracting players over the off-season, ppl just need to see that we are moving in the right direction.

Dragsters

First Grade
We all want you to stay Luciano!

I could see you being a real cult figure here at the dragons!

Hurstville United junior.

A real Born and Bred local Hero.

It would be so good to have another St. George Junior as the future cornerstone of our pack.

Stick solid mate.

Gippsy

Bench
The thing is, after just 1 NRL game everyone can see the obvious potential this kid has. He's looking like a Taumolo, the sky's the limit, potential superstar.....

And, apparently he has been killing em in the 20's. So, what I don't get is why hasn't the club already extended his contract well before now. They do watch the lower grades don't they?

Dragsters

First Grade
He played some cracking games in the 20s this year and that should have been enough for Matt Head to convince the club to get it done one would think.

Who knows, perhaps his manager has been playing hard ball to draw it out and increase his asking price, it is his job after all.

Ultimately, if he wants to stay and continue his development then he will.

I just hope he can see the role he can play here and the huge amount of support and high hopes for him within the dragons army.