What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

NrlCoach

Juniors
The NRL don't care that long term supporters get turned off by this shit. It's all about new money.

Consistently inconsistent
new money from who? if they connitue to lose long terms supporters there will be no money and no players (mum and dad pick the sports their kids play)

LESStar58

Referee
I'd love to see Beuttner and Archer try and square the Ennis decision away.

Our game is a joke when it comes to administration.

Paullyboy

Coach
No Paully clearly understands the Sydney League fan landscape. Havent you seen all the Dragons, Souths and Roosters fans adopting the Sharks in the finals? I just drove past the Taj at Kogarah and its decked out in black and blue
You don't think the NRL is desperate to have as many Sydney teams as possible? Especially given the Sydney teams are supposedly doing well in the AFL.

They don't expect you to change allegiances, but they sure as shit know they need Sydney teams to be doing well to occupy newspaper space (not that anyone reads newspapers anymore, but they're too stupid to realize that I'd imagine).

shaggs

Coach
new money from who? if they connitue to lose long terms supporters there will be no money and no players (mum and dad pick the sports their kids play)
And that's the mistake they don't see. Long term supporters or followers are the ones taking new people to games.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Edwards shoulder is also tucked...

The shoulder charge rule is the worst to be introduced to the game in recent memory. The rules committee seriously need to make an amendment.

Shoulder charges allowed. Shoulder charging player takes the risk, and if contact with head is made, it results in a suspension.

League purists will be turning in their graves if they were to see how soft the game has become.

Rules committee fast turning it in to rough touch football.

Joke
Live scenes at Nrl head office
tumblr_inline_muex1whvCd1rbumi6.gif

That's too complicated

The_Shield

Juniors
So they claim Ennis didn't have his arm tucked in to his body. Am I missing something? Every thing I see of it, Ennis clearly has his arm tucked in. It's clear as day

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep remember when Ryan James broke a Sydney teams star player jaw and sat the year out?

Or when Cameron Smith, Jarryd Hayne and Thurston touched the ref and copped the same punishment as the Sydney teams Origin player?
Yep this Sydney conspiracy shit is a bigger joke than the MRC themselves.

Panthers have had some of the softest suspensions in the NRL while players from glamour clubs get away with the same or worse incidents.

Raiders just aren't a glamour club. Like Panthers. Tigers. Knights etc. They will cop it hard.

Although only a few weeks ago they got incredibly lucky. Hodgson tried to break a blokes neck and only missed a week for it. One of the worst looking tackles this year.

That said... you cannot let David Klemmer and Michael Ennis get away without a charge and then go and charge another player for a Grade 2 shoulder charge on the same weekend. All 3 deserve the same base penalty. Fair enough if loading and fighting the charge change the points. But Ennis and Klemmer get away from it completely and wont have to worry about it being used as a prior offence, or have points hanging over them while Wighton has been f**ked hard.

Bulldogs are the team that piss me off. Every week they do shit that should be punished and only cop a random small charge unless it's a serious offence that can't be swept under the rug. Like biting. Kicking a bloke in the face or threatening a referee.

Paullyboy

Coach
If that were the case they would have made certain your side got 35% of possession yesterday, rather than the 60% they did get.

You do realise we get possession back at the end of a try right? 9 tries tends to get you a lot of possession.

PS - The Tigers won the penalty count 11-6. There were numerous times the referee just blew a penalty and didn't have a reason for it, was quite humorous.

MilkShark

First Grade
You don't think the NRL is desperate to have as many Sydney teams as possible? Especially given the Sydney teams are supposedly doing well in the AFL.

They don't expect you to change allegiances, but they sure as shit know they need Sydney teams to be doing well to occupy newspaper space (not that anyone reads newspapers anymore, but they're too stupid to realize that I'd imagine).
It makes no sense for the NRL to give any favouritism to a sport they are trying to expand in other states.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Seriously mate I get that your filthy, I would be too. But it's simply a case of the MRC being completely and utterly incompetent as opposed to some Sydney conspiracy.

MilkShark

First Grade
Although only a few weeks ago they got incredibly lucky. Hodgson tried to break a blokes neck and only missed a week for it. One of the worst looking tackles this year.
Interesting point, and true. Hodgson should be out for the rest of the year.

Thinks yourselves lucky.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You're all wrong. They're softening up because they're scared shitless of the media. Gallen levels Myles, media blows up about the biff and it gets banned. GI cleans up Dean Young, media goes nuts, rinse and repeat.

The MSM holds this code to ransom and I'm sick of it.

bileduct

Coach

Honestly mate, I think you need to drop the Sydney conspiracy bullshit. I am sure the NRL would be happy to see all of their clubs being successful and there certainly are a lot of people from teams out of contention that are jumping on the Raiders bandwagon.

I think all that happened here is that some of Ennis' mates decided it would be unfair for him to be rubbed out of the finals in his last season before he retires. They probably copped shit for their decision from up high and then went back to charging people as per normal.

bileduct

Coach
You're all wrong. They're softening up because they're scared shitless of the media. Gallen levels Myles, media blows up about the biff and it gets banned. GI cleans up Dean Young, media goes nuts, rinse and repeat.

The MSM holds this code to ransom and I'm sick of it.
But surely the MSM is going to tear the NRL apart for this because of their utter lack of consistency?