What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
Yeah

Also Caine had just finshed the shwrlock holmes move in london. Said it was a no brainer to go to the bahamas for a few weeks aftee all that gloom for heaps of cash

Caped Crusader

Juniors
The Accountant .
8/10
I'm no Affleck fan but he is very good in this . Well acted with very good supporting cast .
Good story with plenty of violence without the usual over the top,Hollywood bullshit

Yeah agree, it was excellent

Affleck has really turned things around and has become a true power house of the industry. I really hope the DC execs just leave him alone to do The Batman. His comments in the press regarding the script lately are worrisome and makes me think hes coming under some pressure

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Passengers. Not bad, interesting premise and fair acting.
One criticism: tears don't roll down the cheek in zero gravity.
7/10

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah agree, it was excellent

Affleck has really turned things around and has become a true power house of the industry. I really hope the DC execs just leave him alone to do The Batman. His comments in the press regarding the script lately are worrisome and makes me think hes coming under some pressure
I watched Argo for the first time last week and really, really enjoyed it.

Affleck has come a long way from gigli...

Aragorn

First Grade
I just watched Girl on a Train.

A big fan of Emily Blunt, but not in this film.

Absolute predictable borefest.

Dont waste 2 hours of your life on this one.

4/10

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched Girl on a Train.

A big fan of Emily Blunt, but not in this film.

Absolute predictable borefest.

Dont waste 2 hours of your life on this one.

4/10
I absolutely loved it....did not find it predictable at all.....fell for it hook, line and sinker.

PJ

First Grade
Remember.

Story about a couple of Auschwitz survivors hunting down a Nazi from the camps, but one has dementia.

Interesting idea that starts well, plods in the middle and finishes well.

mozza91

Coach
Watching JFK for the 100th time. Really good suspensful film with some really memorable scenes. Gary Oldman and Joe Pesci are both great but Costner and Spacek are both meh. The film goes a bit too long and is almost entirely factually incorrect but it's still a very enjoyable film.

axl rose

Bench
Certainly in that genre, fair enough.

First 40 minutes were interesting, might have worked better if Pratt was just by himself with his robots trying to figure shit out, went downhill after he woke up his company. Much prefer the isolation of a movie like Moon, which was brilliant. His 'purpsose' ended up being a power glitch? ive seen more intrigue/mystery in Ernest Goes to Camp.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Room. Pretty amazing film about a woman and her 5 year old son who have been held captive and abused for 7 years in a mans garden shed, the boy is the captors son. First half of the movie is very tense and the 2nd half explores the emotional impact of such an experience in a family. Terrific performances from Brie Larson (she won the Oscar for this) and Jacob Tremblay as her son.

elyod138

Bench
Room. Pretty amazing film about a woman and her 5 year old son who have been held captive and abused for 7 years in a mans garden shed, the boy is the captors son. First half of the movie is very tense and the 2nd half explores the emotional impact of such an experience in a family. Terrific performances from Brie Larson (she won the Oscar for this) and Jacob Tremblay as her son.
Short Term 12 is another great Brie Larson movie.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Currently at the cinemas watching Sing.
Took the kids to the cinema. Wanted to watch Moana. They wanted to watch Sing. After a bit or arguing i brought the tickets for sing. Long story short don't let your kids win, go to Moana instead. An hour in and the only time I've laughed is for the trailer for Moana

Latest posts