What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Foxsports are reporting that the frogs offered him 1.5M over 2 years but our offer for 2018 would have made Semi the highest ever paid winger in the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
Foxsports are reporting that the frogs offered him 1.5M over 2 years but our offer for 2018 would have made Semi the highest ever paid winger in the NRL.

IIRC in France rugby players are classed as "entertainers" and thus only pay 10% tax.

So that makes $AU750k / year more like $AU1M / year or more.

EDIT: this article says he'll only pay 8% tax.

A major reason Radradra will earn far more money in France is that his income will be taxed at 8 per cent, whereas in Australia he is taxed at the top bracket of 46 per cent.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11664764

strider

Post Whore
yes they have neatly worked in the option for year 2 in Semi's favour .... maybe his manager isn't the completely brainless dimwitt he seems

no doubt he will get sick of living on the other side of the world ..... I wonder if toulon are doing anything to get his relos over there?

hybrideel

Bench
I wonder if seeing his daughter grow up came into calculations at all when deciding which offer to take. Given the DV charges i can't see his ex bringing their daughter over to France for him

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe Toulon offered to bring his dad and family over and pay for his treatment in france.

If we did that, Greenberg will defeinitely stick it under the cap

lingard

Coach
So what will the centre/wing combo be assuming he does not play

Interesting situation isn't it? Assuming Gutherson plays five-eight, then I'd have Takairangi inside-centre and Jennings outside-centre, with Hoffman at fullback and French on the right wing (they might alternate during games). But Hoffman can play fullback, wing, centre or five-eight; French can play wing or fullback; Gutherson can play fullback or centre (and, hopefully, five-eight); and Taka can play centre or five-eight (a bit). And Norman could play fullback, too, if he had to. So there's a lot of utility and flexibility in our backline. It still leaves one wing position open though, doesn't it? I reckon Jennings would make a good winger - but, as has been stated previously, we would then miss his terrific defence at centre.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Interesting situation isn't it? Assuming Gutherson plays five-eight, then I'd have Takairangi inside-centre and Jennings outside-centre, with Hoffman at fullback and French on the right wing (they might alternate during games). But Hoffman can play fullback, wing, centre or five-eight; French can play wing or fullback; Gutherson can play fullback or centre (and, hopefully, five-eight); and Taka can play centre or five-eight (a bit). And Norman could play fullback, too, if he had to. So there's a lot of utility and flexibility in our backline. It still leaves one wing position open though, doesn't it? I reckon Jennings would make a good winger - but, as has been stated previously, we would then miss his terrific defence at centre.
Have we recruited a rugby union attacking coach for the 2017 season?

carson

Juniors

Chipmunk

Coach
So long as he has no intent to return to Australia and cuts all ties...ATO might put their hand out if he comes back to Australia as soon as this contract ends.

Given that he is not a citizen and has only lived a short period of his life in Australia, it's doubtful he would be considered a resident for taxation purposes once he leaves. Fiji might wants some coin though.

carson

Juniors
Given that he is not a citizen and has only lived a short period of his life in Australia, it's doubtful he would be considered a resident for taxation purposes once he leaves. Fiji might wants some coin though.

Probably right...though he did play for Australia...ATO would have noted all his comments made about Australia when he got selected...they're bastards like that.