What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

T.S Quint

Coach
I love how people think he just loves money, like they wouldn't so exactly the same f**king thing.

Even if we gave him $500k, after management & tax he's really only looking at $250k. As opposed to $750k in France where he's looking at $625k. Don't know what the cost of living is in France, but an extra $375k goes a long way wherever you are

I totally love money, and I don't begrudge him for taking up the offer.
I was just responding to a post wondering if he would skip out on the remainder of his contract with us, which I would have a problem with.

He has been reported to have gone to eels management asking for more money during his contract period, and he has a history of skipping out on his duties to stay in Fiji. With that evidence he does sound like the kind of bloke to screw us over.

emjaycee

Coach
Hasn't the club previously announced that all of Semi's "overstays" in Fiji were pre-approved (except maybe 1 last year)?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Semi is not the main problem here.

It is the person giving him the advice. An absolute grub!!
You mean his coach and his team mates? Or his employee? Semi would be getting a lot of advice and he decides whom to listen to.

Give him some credit - he is an adult with the mental strength to make it in professional sport. To think he's being manipulated by his manager is borderline racist.

84 Baby

Referee
Semi would be bound by such an injunction, not the French club.
Same effect in practice though. If you require an injunction then he would have already shown the type of disregard that would entail disregarding an injunction as well so would require cooperation from Toulon or IRB.
Unless you were suggesting an injunction from leaving the country, which would be difficult to get

yy_cheng

Coach
He doesn't even have to do that anymore. Just has to say "Semi is leaving Australia and has no plans of returning." He just has to reasonably prove he has no plans on returning, which is mostly not maintaining a domicile and... WOW! That'd be a great conspiracy. ATO look if you have family ties in Australia. Semi's all but cut those by being charged with DV, or allegedly "DV"
but still, his daughter lives here right

Basil Brush

Juniors
You mean his coach and his team mates? Or his employee? Semi would be getting a lot of advice and he decides whom to listen to.

Give him some credit - he is an adult with the mental strength to make it in professional sport. To think he's being manipulated by his manager is borderline racist.
WTF? Only you would get racism from my comment.

You telling me Semi has made good decisions for the most part of the last year? Especially his non court appearance.

I know you are just trying to be controversial and start an argument so I will leave it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
WTF? Only you would get racism from my comment.
Why is the kid from the third world the only one not responsible for his decisions? Why are merkins making excuses for this 'dumb footballer' but not for others? Why shouldn't Radradra be held responsible for his decisions? He can always listen to his coach and his team mates, instead of his manager (an employee). The guy got him this long term, shitty deal in the first place. If he's so easily led why isn't he listening to his mates and staying at the club?

You telling me Semi has made good decisions for the most part of the last year? Especially his non court appearance.
This isn't about the quality of his decisions, it's about where he gets his advice and whom he chooses to listen to. Is his useless employee (Christodoulou) really more influential than his coach and team mates?

I know you are just trying to be controversial and start an argument so I will leave it
I think that would be best.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Actually @Poupou Escobar, against my better judgment, are you able to explain how my below comment was borderline racism? I would love to know. It may have been derogatory against his manager but i cant get racism from it.

If anything, the racism may be coming from you for the way you interpreted it. Is it because he is of a diffent race? I am fascinated.
Semi is not the main problem here.

It is the person giving him the advice. An absolute grub!!

Basil Brush

Juniors
Why is the kid from the third world the only one not responsible for his decisions? Why are merkins making excuses for this 'dumb footballer' but not for others? Why shouldn't Radradra be held responsible for his decisions? He can always listen to his coach and his team mates, instead of his manager (an employee). The guy got him this long term, shitty deal in the first place. If he's so easily led why isn't he listening to his mates and staying at the club?

This isn't about the quality of his decisions, it's about where he gets his advice and whom he chooses to listen to. Is his useless employee (Christodoulou) really more influential than his coach and team mates?

I think that would be best.
You are looking like the racist now. Did i say anything about where he was from? I would be saying the same thing if it was Cam Smith or whoever.

I can not believe what a deluded antagonist you are.

Edit: Idiot was harsh. I went with a better term.

By the way i would like a retraction or apology for your racist insinuation, but dont expect it.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Semi would be bound by such an injunction, not the French club.

1. How would an Australian court enforce that on someone who is no longer a resident of the country and has left the country.
2. What's the most a court would impose to release him from the contact? he pays the club the remaining 4 months of his contract? What? $80k? Chicken feed for a bloke reportedly getting $750k!

Chipmunk

Coach
Is he not an Australian citizen?

If he is, I assume he will have to abide by our laws, even if he wants to go o/s

I don't believe he's a citizen. Even if he was, he's essentially a dual national Fijian, which no court in Australia would bother chase for a civil matter if he's no longer here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are looking like the racist now.
Well that's fine, because I am one. I judge people I don't know based at least partly on their race. I'm pretty sure that makes me a racist. I try not to treat them unfairly based on that judgement but I'm sure I still do. It's just part of being human.

You won't catch me tripping over myself trying to prove I'm not racist, like you are doing.

Did i say anything about where he was from?
Plenty of people have been saying he's more susceptible to swindlers because of where he's from. Why do you think Radradra is free from judgement for his actions? Are all players free from criticism because they have managers or just this one, who almost uniquely among NRL players spent his entire life to adulthood in a third world country?

If you're not a racist, why does Radradra get a free pass? Does every other 24 year old in the NRL get absolved of responsibility in the same way?

I would be saying the same thing if it was Cam Smith or whoever.
So you think NRL players are controlled by their managers? By the way, Smith manages himself. Is he the only one who has to take responsibility for putting money ahead of loyalty?

I can not believe what a deluded antagonist you are.

Edit: Idiot was harsh. I went with a better term.

By the way i would like a retraction or apology for your racist insinuation, but dont expect it.
If you genuinely believe that all NRL players are controlled by their managers (paid employees) and unable to make their own decisions then you're not a racist. You're a f**king idiot.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Well that's fine, because I am one. I judge people I don't know based at least partly on their race. I'm pretty sure that makes me a racist. I try not to treat them unfairly based on that judgement but I'm sure I still do. It's just part of being human.

You won't catch me tripping over myself trying to prove I'm not racist, like you are doing.

Plenty of people have been saying he's more susceptible to swindlers because of where he's from. Why do you think Radradra is free from judgement for his actions? Are all players free from criticism because they have managers or just this one, who almost uniquely among NRL players spent his entire life to adulthood in a third world country?

If you're not a racist, why does Radradra get a free pass? Does every other 24 year old in the NRL get absolved of responsibility in the same way?

So you think NRL players are controlled by their managers? By the way, Smith manages himself. Is he the only one who has to take responsibility for putting money ahead of loyalty?

If you genuinely believe that all NRL players are controlled by their managers (paid employees) and unable to make their own decisions then you're not a racist. You're a f**king idiot.
I want to reply to your points but it is pointless.

I may be a f**king idiot but at least I am not a continual running joke on this forum.

Not sure if you actually even want to be taken seriously, but people laugh when you post.

All the best you stupid merkin.

1. How would an Australian court enforce that on someone who is no longer a resident of the country and has left the country.
2. What's the most a court would impose to release him from the contact? he pays the club the remaining 4 months of his contract? What? $80k? Chicken feed for a bloke reportedly getting $750k!

He can be found in contempt of court.