What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Will Hopoate will not play rugby league on Sundays for religious reasons

TheFrog

Coach
It sounds very much like they are going to sit him down and say something along the lines of "Look, Will, if you are only able to play 75% of games, we can only pay you 75% of what you would normally be worth." If they offer him an extension at all.

I'd imagine he'll probably take the pay cut. To not do so wouldn't be an especially good look. Of course it very much depends how much of his pay the church is getting and whether they are keen on taking a haircut as well.

Exsilium

First Grade
The guy already loses 10% to the church and may stand to lose another 25% to religion if he can't/won't play Sunday's. Then the tax man comes knocking slices off the rest.

He'll play for free soon.

mozza91

Coach
The guy already loses 10% to the church and may stand to lose another 25% to religion if he can't/won't play Sunday's. Then the tax man comes knocking slices off the rest.

He'll play for free soon.
Dum dum dum dum dum.

POPEYE

Coach
Who cares what they choose to believe? Im not religious but I honestly don't give two shits if someone is or not, believe or don't believe whatever you like it doesn't affect me.

I honestly find the scientific explanation of everything was created as far fetched as the bibles version. It's all just humans pretending to know the answers.
No chance you'd sign up for ISIS fighting ol' mate
Are religious people allowed to wank themselves off?
Why not if they're allowed to decapitate people . . . I'm with betcats, let 'em have their fun

ed-grimley

Bench
Who cares what they choose to believe? Im not religious but I honestly don't give two shits if someone is or not, believe or don't believe whatever you like it doesn't affect me.

I honestly find the scientific explanation of everything was created as far fetched as the bibles version. It's all just humans pretending to know the answers.
Science is rubbish. Corey Bernadi and Andrew Bolt told me so.
So is god. Money is the only true reality.

some11

Referee

People should read the bible more, there's pretty detailed instructions on how to build a space telescope in there.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Its your choice to have a Mrs though. Leave her and she won't be telling you what to do(unless you are really a bitch). Its his choice to believe in that religion, if he chose not to believe in it and practice it then he wouldn't get told what to do. Like are you really saying he doesn't have a choice in this? That is dumb as f**k, like If he has no choice why would you belittle him for it?

No, I am saying the complete opposite via the medium of sarcasm.

He has a choice but he lets a made up dude instruct him to do something that clearly isn't his preference. And religion, hey good on anyone who wants to indulge in it. My opinion is that it's largely horse shit. Some religious types make their own decisions but go to church on Sundays, except if they have something on and they'll pray at home etc. Great. Some put things off that they want to do because they believe they're making some magical sacrifice. Nah. Being an adult is about making your own choices, not what a book tells you.

steggz

Juniors
No, I am saying the complete opposite via the medium of sarcasm.

He has a choice but he lets a made up dude instruct him to do something that clearly isn't his preference. And religion, hey good on anyone who wants to indulge in it. My opinion is that it's largely horse shit. Some religious types make their own decisions but go to church on Sundays, except if they have something on and they'll pray at home etc. Great. Some put things off that they want to do because they believe they're making some magical sacrifice. Nah. Being an adult is about making your own choices, not what a book tells you.

And you know it clearly isn't his preference because...?

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd bet a million dollars that the Mormon team in Darwin that you think is such a disgrace would have a much better record than the other squads in the comp on getting on the piss and making dickheads of themselves too.

If I had to pick between a comp full of Mormons or a comp full of good Ol' league boys I'll take the churchies thanks. And this is coming from an atheist

Mate no one who isn't a complete loose cannon is good at footy. Impossible.
Too much sense of self-preservation and understanding the consequences of getting six shades of shit belted out of you every saturday or sunday for 3 decades.

I'll take alcoholics and criminals in my side please, yours won't get within 60.

betcats

Referee
I'll take the past and present religious all stars. SBW, El Magic, Stevens and Dave Simmons, unbeatable.

Latest posts