What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan or packer

Vote ..dugan or packer

• Dugan

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Packer

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters

mighty v

Juniors
For argument sake we cant keep both dugan and packer...

Who would you keep out of the 2

Love the duges..all heart ,bleeds dragons and imo best defensive fullback in the game BUT if i had to pick would have to be PACKER ....enforcer ,best front row in comp with vaughan and brings enthusiasm ,leadership,emotion ,quick play balls and an agro that most forwards would love to have...very very hard to replace that ...

hazzbeen

Bench

Love the duges..all heart ,bleeds dragons and imo best defensive fullback in the game BUT if i had to pick would have to be PACKER ....enforcer ,best front row in comp with vaughan and brings enthusiasm ,leadership,emotion ,quick play balls and an agro that most forwards would love to have...very very hard to replace that ...
If we loose Packer we loose the Mongrel that we have been missing the last few years . If he goes we need to replace him with another Mongrel ......

Frank Facer

First Grade
Packer. It has taken us 6 years to finally have a pack that is respected by opposition teams, possibly even feared by opposition teams. It has also taken us over 6 years to finally have a good pair of props. Packer is an important member of our pack.

Dugan wants too much money. He limits, even handicaps our attack at fullback. We have got Lafai, Milne as centres right now, with Lomax, Herbert and Garrick all good prospects that sould be pushing for first grade in the next 3 years, so there is no need to sign Dugan as a centre. I would be hoping that Field or Dufty, could be our future fullback or if a top line fullback became available, then we could be in a position to sign him and would be an attractive option for him too. Mitchell is the one who I would have a target on right now. We also have Masters coming through our juniors who there are big wraps on.

I think as long as we have a top pack and top pair of halves, then they will provide the room and opportunities for our outside backs to look good.

We shouldn't have to choose between them, however if we do I would choose Packer.

Its been 40 years since we last had this sort of go forward.

blacksafake

First Grade
It's a tough one for me. Like all have said Packer brings the mongrel we have been crying out for & he & Vaughan have been a blessing. Duges is by far the best fullback in the club with his strengths being sorely missed when he is out. The fact that we have to play an ageing slow winger fullback in his absence is an indication of how important Duges is to the team. This is not a knock on Nighty as I love him(in a manly way)

It's a tough one for me. Like all have said Packer brings the mongrel we have been crying out for & he & Vaughan have been a blessing. Duges is by far the best fullback in the club with his strengths being sorely missed when he is out. The fact that we have to play an ageing slow winger fullback in his absence is an indication of how important Duges is to the team. This is not a knock on Nighty as I love him(in a manly way)
Thats the thing they don't HAVE to play nighty at fullback its a safe option which hopefully spells the end of Mary at the club.

He is so weak its pathetic and it shows in the way he coaches and honestly he should have been gone last year.

Why not take a chance they kept Dufty when he could and should have moved on hell other teams ie Raiders have given Cortic a go on the wing and he is younger.

The play it safe approach is indicative of a man with no guts who has no right being a first grade coach at any team.

Tuddy

Juniors
Packer will be harder to replace. I think we can win a premiership without Duges but I'm not so sure if we lose Packer. I'm really hoping we keep him, I love seeing him in the Red V.

Easy...PACKER!

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Dugan for me. We are weaker in the backs and the hole would be massive to try and fill. I think the Hunt/Dugan combo could be dynamic. Where we have really strong forwards and I'm excited by Lawrie and Kerr coming through. Times like these I wish we were the roosters so we could keep everyone.

Latest posts