What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I know Pritchard cops it on here heaps and most of that seems to stem from his run of injuries over the last few years but seriously the guys is one of the least experienced first grade hookers running around and he has shown that he has the potential to be more than just a solid first grader but also a key contributor.

Pritchard has played 36 games and only 13 of those in the starting side. The only current FG hooker with less experience is Brailey at the Sharks, with 12 FG games (all as a starter). Levi from Newcastle has only played 1 game more than Kaysa but has started at least 20 games and McIlwick from the Tigers has started 24 of his 41 games.

McInnes, Hodgson, Koroisau, Granville, Lichaa have all played over 50 games (but less than 100) and apart from Peats (109 games) the 'experienced' guys have all cracked 200 games in FG.

I reckon showing some patience in Kaysa to get some experience under his belt (including learning where NOT to put his head) before judging him as a failure might reduce the amount of egg that could be on some faces here this time next year.

Pritchard is not our problem. Especially if we get some more size up front.

TLDR: "Leave Kaysa Alone"

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I know Pritchard cops it on here heaps and most of that seems to stem from his run of injuries over the last few years but seriously the guys is one of the least experienced first grade hookers running around and he has shown that he has the potential to be more than just a solid first grader but also a key contributor.

Pritchard has played 36 games and only 13 of those in the starting side. The only current FG hooker with less experience is Brailey at the Sharks, with 12 FG games (all as a starter). Levi from Newcastle has only played 1 game more than Kaysa but has started at least 20 games and McIlwick from the Tigers has started 24 of his 41 games.

McInnes, Hodgson, Koroisau, Granville, Lichaa have all played over 50 games (but less than 100) and apart from Peats (109 games) the 'experienced' guys have all cracked 200 games in FG.

I reckon showing some patience in Kaysa to get some experience under his belt (including learning where NOT to put his head) before judging him as a failure might reduce the amount of egg that could be on some faces here this time next year.

Pritchard is not our problem. Especially if we get some more size up front.

TLDR: "Leave Kaysa Alone"
In addition, I think the unexpected long term head injury to IDG has forced BA's hand in terms of playing him for 80. This year was probably supposed to be a transition year in prep for next.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's not as if the Broncos, Roosters and Dogs are treated differently by the NRL is it?

El D to post picture of chief moron and his assistance pelican :grinning:
6976fcf966779ca50521b33b9110cc87

Forty20

First Grade

forward pass

Coach
I for one am actually glad we didn't take back Peats. Good footballer and I really like the guy. But not worth the amounts being suggested and rarely runs from dummy half which is pretty poor for a number 9.

...and injury prone.

emjaycee

Coach
Peats was a shining light around the joint after the Keating era which I think gave many people, myself included, some early tolerance of this shortcomings. IMHO, his defence has always been outstanding however he has never consistently provided any spark from DH in attack.

Avenger

Immortal
Peats was a shining light around the joint after the Keating era which I think gave many people, myself included, some early tolerance of this shortcomings. IMHO, his defence has always been outstanding however he has never consistently provided any spark from DH in attack.
Has he officially re-signed with the Titans?

Edit disregard. Saw previous page.

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
i reckon a few people here start a sentence like that every time we miss out on a player

there's also a few that will do the opposite and say heads must roll or something similar

Yes but I couldn't care less. I genuinely didn't want him back unless he was cheap - which he most definitely isn't. I actually didn't have a massive opinion when he was with us - and posted about that at the time. I always admired his defence and his line speed which the rest of the side followed - but he is ordinary with the ball in his hands. He doesn't threaten the defence in any way except maybe from a metre out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I thought he was a gun but I didn't want him back here for overs. If he wasn't injury prone I'd say he might be worth $600k-$700k or thereabouts. It's hard to put a price on a bloke who will probably be unavailable for a quarter of your games.

Plus I rate Kritchard.

ParraSteve

Juniors
I'd be keeping Smith on the bench. Pritchard has played some great footy when he's not expected to play a full 80. Usually by about the 50th minute mark, he's buggered.

Latest posts