What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

Noa

First Grade
He looks the goods, the year off was a blessing IMO.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Lonzo is a class player too. If it wasn't for his d!ckhead father he might be more universally liked.

Your initial impression is correct, Lonzo is below average. Take away his game against the summer league Sun's and his averages are ok for a late first rounder. His shooting % are bench worthy.

Can't operate in the half court, can't stay in front of anybody, can't finish at the rim and his own body is weak af.

shiznit

Coach
Watched young Thon Maker go up against Steven Adams...

The young guy got taught a real lesson from the veteran... well 24yr old veteran... :joy::joy:

He got absolutely man handled... good lesson for him though...

shaggs

Coach
He doesn’t have the bulk of Adams. I always find the bulkier heavier guy harder to play against then someone who is taller.

Look at bogut. Always one of the more solid guys and takes up so much room.

Adams though, has come from strength to strength the last 18-24 months. Moving into the top rung of centres.
I thought he was older than 24.

Some of the numbers centres have put up so far this year have been huge. Another style move for the NBA? Then end of small ball?

Jono Russell

Bench
Cavs just can’t be bothered. Shooting and defence are bleh

It does look like Celtics got the better deal in that trade so far. Irving going great.

Cavs look to be back to the old days of Lebron trying to carry the team on his shoulders. Should be better once Thomas gets a few games under his belt.

shaggs

Coach
It does look like Celtics got the better deal in that trade so far. Irving going great.

Cavs look to be back to the old days of Lebron trying to carry the team on his shoulders. Should be better once Thomas gets a few games under his belt.
Why aren’t they making space and using crowder and korver more??
Crowder should be starting

shaggs

Coach
Give them time.... we are 7 games in to a 82 game season....
But I want to panic now haha.

There is 74 games left and you need to win about 50 to be in the top half of the playoff bracket. So as you say plenty of time.
When they are 5 and 20 it will be more dire.

What about Simmons and philly. They are fun to watch.

Iafeta

Referee
Some of the shots LBJ hit was other worldly. Ben Simmons is a franchise talent, triple double today. Lonzo Ball scored a duck egg... And Jalen Brown, great athlete but by god he is a seriously flawed free throw shooter. Not Andre Roberson bad but for such a good athlete he flat out sucks at the line and it may limit him moving forward.

shiznit

Coach
Some of the shots LBJ hit was other worldly. Ben Simmons is a franchise talent, triple double today. Lonzo Ball scored a duck egg... And Jalen Brown, great athlete but by god he is a seriously flawed free throw shooter. Not Andre Roberson bad but for such a good athlete he flat out sucks at the line and it may limit him moving forward.
Robertson is something else... it’s seriously embarrassing that you can whack a shaq a f**king guard in the first place... but this dude shoots f**king air balls from the stripe.

Watching this OKC v BOS game... Adams is almost the key for them... they seem like they just can’t defend without him.

They dominate with him on the floor and they are terrible without him...

Iafeta

Referee
OKC remind me of an old jake the muss quote "too much weights not enough speed work". Too many spot up ISO types, not enough lock down defence.

shiznit

Coach
OKC remind me of an old jake the muss quote "too much weights not enough speed work". Too many spot up ISO types, not enough lock down defence.
They have been let down massive by the so called OK3... far too much ISO ball... Adams absolutely dominated in the paint... but they just wasted it...

Iafeta

Referee
Look at that. Yet another play where OKC get burnt by speed into the lane. The perimeter defence is awful. Their rotation is non existent. Great stat lines but awful team play.

Rod

Bench
OKC look best when they get others involved. No coincidence that in the last couple of games Adams has had 8 field goals attempts combined and they look much worse. Russ reverted back to type today.

Celtics look good but it's obviously early days. Cavs are going to hover around .500 for a while I imagine. Wouldn't surprise me if they replicate the 19-20 start from 2014.They just don't look like they're trying on defence at the moment and are using heaps of different starting lineups.

edabomb

First Grade
Lonzo Ball - the only guy in the NBA who uses a batting average as his field goal percentage.

Latest posts