What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

shiznit

Coach
Yes because we all know regular season performances of the Cavs are a great predictor of what they will produce in the playoffs....since LeBron returned they've won 53, 57, 51 and 50 games but made 4 straight Finals.

They clearly weren't in the class of the Warriors which I already said, so not sure why you'd include the sweep to make your stat look that much better.
Because the Warriors are part of the West. You may have to play them 4 or 5 times a year in the West.

There isn’t an option to be .500 against the other teams in the West and still make the NBA finals.

If you switched the Cavs to the West... and they played 52 games vs the West and 30 vs the East and won at the same rate they won this season...

The Cavs would have finished with the same record as the Wolves.... who finished 8th in the West... and had to go into OT vs the Nuggets just to make the playoffs.

They would have had to play the Rockets or the Warriors in round 1 of the playoffs.

It’s a whole different level in the West IMO...

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
While we're cherry-picking....the Raptors went 19-11 against the West, but when push came to shove the Cavs completely embarrassed them.

Until there is any evidence at all that the Cavs' regular season performances are a reliable predictor of their playoff performances, any speculation about their West position if they happened to he in that conference is just that, speculation.

shaggs

Coach
While we're cherry-picking....the Raptors went 19-11 against the West, but when push came to shove the Cavs completely embarrassed them.

Until there is any evidence at all that the Cavs' regular season performances are a reliable predictor of their playoff performances, any speculation about their West position if they happened to he in that conference is just that, speculation.
The cavs have done exactly as they have neeeded to each year to make the finals. No more no less.

If they were in the West they might be forced to win more games in the regular season and nothing suggests they could t do that. The last few years they have been a team that can play when required.
Just when it comes against the warriors, they are a step behind.
But most teams are.
The warriors didn’t seem to care much about the regular season this year either. They know how to play in the finals.

shiznit

Coach
When it’s all said and done... IMO... the West as far more difficult to navigate than the East.

Something I think voters take into consideration in the MVP voting.

So we will have to agree to strongly disagree here....

Tommy Smith

Referee
Harden was embarrassing against GSW in the West finals. All he did was jack up syep back 3s... and miss.

Houston still would have won 45 games without him. The Cavs about 15 with LBJ.

IMO LeBron had the better season. And was definitely more valuable.

shiznit

Coach
Yup makes it difficult to do a sign and trade... but the Cavs were always expecting it.

TBH though... Im not one to count someone else’s money... and these players are the ones that put the bums in seats so they 100% deserve to be paid whatever they want...

But i really don’t know why a guy like Lebron even goes for the max these days... I know it’s also a status thing... and getting the max is about the recognition that you are a max player.

And I also get you don’t wanna save the owner any money considering you make them the money anyway...

But I just don’t get why Lebron doesn’t sign a mid level deal to allow himself more options and allow the team he moves to the ability to spend that money on bringing better pieces.

I know it’s easy for me to say that when I’m not the one walking away from $50-70M over the rest of his career... but i think Lebron is one of those guys who’s at the stage where he probably earns the vast majority of his money off the court.

You’d just think if Lebron wanted to get to say Houston... he could sign a 1+1 at something manageable which would allow them to add him and keep all the pieces they have.

I just don’t see why if winning rings and competing with the Warriors is your objective you would restrict your options by insisting on taking the max... which from the way it’s all been reported he is insisting on.