What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Newcastle Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought Moeroa finished the game at left centre, with Aukafolau at left wing. But I just had another look and Auva'a was still on the field, he just spent a lot of time in the middle looking for work.

emjaycee

Coach
I thought Moeroa finished the game at left centre, with Aukafolau at left wing. But I just had another look and Auva'a was still on the field, he just spent a lot of time in the middle looking for work.

That's good to see from a player who is currently contracted, but off contract at the end of the year and may or may not currently be in negotiation for a 2019 contract and/or possibly longer.

Did Hayne seem to put any effort into a quicker play the ball and backing up after it? I know he has rightly copped some criticism for being poor/lazy in this regard in the past. I also read BA talking about Hayne needing to "make improvements in his effort areas" so did anyone notice a difference.

Forty20

First Grade
who was the big unit in #23 playing right centre late in the game?

#23 was Niukore at right edge backrow. Nathan Davis (right) and Dane Aukfolau (left) were the relief centres in the numberless jerseys. I thought Niukore was probably the reserve that boosted his stock the most in those dying moments. That also followed a really good effort for Wenty where he was all over the park making splashy defensive plays and running into fools at a million miles an hour.

*Edit* Just on Aukafolau and Davis, one little quirk out of last night was that they lined up as left (Davis) and right (Aukafolau) for Wenty but reversed their alignments for the NRL trial. Or at least I am pretty sure they did :p

strider

Post Whore
#23 was Niukore at right edge backrow. Nathan Davis (right) and Dane Aukfolau (left) were the relief centres in the numberless jerseys. I thought Niukore was probably the reserve that boosted his stock the most in those dying moments. That also followed a really good effort for Wenty where he was all over the park making splashy defensive plays and running into fools at a million miles an hour.

*Edit* Just on Aukafolau and Davis, one little quirk out of last night was that they lined up as left (Davis) and right (Aukafolau) for Wenty but reversed their alignments for the NRL trial. Or at least I am pretty sure they did :p
They were definitely lining up as you say in the nrl trial

Forty20

First Grade
They were definitely lining up as you say in the nrl trial

Davis scored a super dodgy try on the left for Wenty from a kick. I am just trying to recall whether he was there natively or if it was a stacked edge for the kick.

strider

Post Whore
If niukore was backrow as you say, then i dunno who was right centre late in the game ... cos niukore and davis were out there holding hands on their own towards the end

emjaycee

Coach
If niukore was backrow as you say, then i dunno who was right centre late in the game ... cos niukore and davis were out there holding hands on their own towards the end
Probably Kirisome however because he is *allegedly off-contract he spent heaps of time in the middle looking for work late in the game.

*edit

Basil Brush

Juniors
Very good performance considering it was our 1st trial.

Our depth looks amazing this year, especially in the forwards. Brad has a few headaches.

If Semi was still here, we would be an almost certain top 4 team and premiership contender.

Obviously the Storm, Roosters and Cows are the 3 big threats to us.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was very impressed with Terepo. Halves also looked shar as did King.
Hayne looks fit amd Bevan has more size. Kaysa looked gassed after 15 mins.

I will give a more in depth run down once watch the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Niukore was definitely right centre. Davis on the wing, Edwards right edge forward and Takairangi right side half.