What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's 2024 Trials Super Thread

84 Baby

Referee
With Jennings, Takarangi and Opacic inside him, there wasn’t a pile on regarding Sivo’s defence. Since Waqa and Simmonson have played left centre, then it’s highlighted. If the centre jams too far in, then basically the winger has to come in too. Not suggesting that Sivo couldn’t position himself better, but basically the centre determines the spacing and the slide.
100%
Definitely we need to be aggressive in closing the 10m, but it needs to be on same page.
And like @Avenger keeps saying, I think we looked better with Harper.

84 Baby

Referee
I was pretty dirty on Sivo in the first try the titans scored, but the more i look at it, the more it seems like a complete system breakdown on that edge. Sivo didn't jam, he just got caught with his dick in his hand. Was Dylan caught at marker the play before?
No it was Gutho, and I’m not sure why he even got involved in ruck, so he can wear some blame. But also our line needs to identify (communication) that Gutho is at the play the ball so is going to be later in coverage

84 Baby

Referee
No, it was Gutho at first marker. Titans then had an overlap right from the play the ball. Dylan identified it early and hared across behind, Sivo made a half arsed attempt at jamming and then Gutho arrived too late..

edit: that's not right either, it was 6 on 6. FFS. Up and in when we should have slid. Who makes that call? We were very flat footed.
FFS

yy_cheng

Coach
I honestly thought people recognised this but it popped up again after weekend.
Sivo’s poor defence isn’t not staying on his wing, it’s disconnecting from his centre, and that’s not always a wingers fault. I suspect communication is the real failing
to be fair, Simo is new at centre. His instict is probably not used to talking as he was probably told by the centre as to what to do not the other way around. Someone should tell him to communicate to Sivo.

Similar to the way he attacks, he's not looking for his centre because his instict from being a winger is to run and support, so he likes to cut back in alot.

Noise

Coach
Centre is probably the hardest position to defend in terms of decision making and communication, yet we have put some of the lowest footy iq players on the planet there in Waqa Blake and Bailey Simmonsen.

Gronk

Staff member
Was it Simmonosons fault Sivo raced in and caught a cold on the weekend? To me it looked like Brown and Simmonoson were holding their positions.
They were super compressed on T3. It caught everyone including Gutho by surprise that they ran it. The whole backline were on their heels.

1708991025052.png

84 Baby

Referee
Was it Simmonosons fault Sivo raced in and caught a cold on the weekend? To me it looked like Brown and Simmonoson were holding their positions.
For the first try they’re all actually fairly ok
70B51646-9687-475D-8CBA-187ECAFE1494.jpeg

Positionally they are fine given they are marking 3 on 4. Whoever is inside Drown is trying to cover Boyd/centre but he’s covered the decoy (Fotuiaka?) so is basically out of play unless Boyd loses his mind. Drown is then stuck covering Boyd, Kini and the centre. So his best move and what he does is slide (let the Tits make the decision), but for whatever reason, Simonsson does not
BB9D3A0B-327E-4B40-9B93-32869F4B600B.jpeg
Simonsson neither moves up nor slides and now Drown is close enough to give him a feel. The backrower (Tuilagi? Looks like head gear) also is now fully caught out as he can only cover Boyd and so Simonsson’s deferred decision is somewhat mitigated by his need to cover his opposite plus Kini.
Sivo does make an atrociously timed decision to then rush on Kini, but from that you can also see if Sivo stands on his wing (outside the train track), just how much gap there would’ve been between him and Simonsson for Kini to attack. Gutho is also behind where he should be.
And then Simonsson once Sami has broken, basically gives up the play. As does Sivo, but at least in the washout, Sivo has Kini covered, whilst Simonsson is left with no one in front of him.

Really the only person here who likely did their job fully (I think he’s meant to be a main communicator though) is Drown.

Honestly the more I watch it, the more I can not fathom what Simonsson’s plan was

JokerEel

Coach
For the first try they’re all actually fairly ok
View attachment 84549

Positionally they are fine given they are marking 3 on 4. Whoever is inside Drown is trying to cover Boyd/centre but he’s covered the decoy (Fotuiaka?) so is basically out of play unless Boyd loses his mind. Drown is then stuck covering Boyd, Kini and the centre. So his best move and what he does is slide (let the Tits make the decision), but for whatever reason, Simonsson does not
View attachment 84550
Simonsson neither moves up nor slides and now Drown is close enough to give him a feel. The backrower (Tuilagi? Looks like head gear) also is now fully caught out as he can only cover Boyd and so Simonsson’s deferred decision is somewhat mitigated by his need to cover his opposite plus Kini.
Sivo does make an atrociously timed decision to then rush on Kini, but from that you can also see if Sivo stands on his wing (outside the train track), just how much gap there would’ve been between him and Simonsson for Kini to attack. Gutho is also behind where he should be.
And then Simonsson once Sami has broken, basically gives up the play. As does Sivo, but at least in the washout, Sivo has Kini covered, whilst Simonsson is left with no one in front of him.

Really the only person here who likely did their job fully (I think he’s meant to be a main communicator though) is Drown.

Honestly the more I watch it, the more I can not fathom what Simonsson’s plan was

Simmonoson had enough time to cover Kini Brown also had time to defend him or the centre.
Sivo rushed up even thought he pass was going out to the winger.

Horrible read in defence.

Sivo stays on his man there is no try.

JokerEel

Coach
They were super compressed on T3. It caught everyone including Gutho by surprise that they ran it. The whole backline were on their heels.

View attachment 84551

Honestly the Titans stuffed it by not kicking behind the line until Sivo rushed up. With Gutho making the previous tackle.

He stays on his wing it's not going to be a try.

84 Baby

Referee
Simmonoson had enough time to cover Kini Brown also had time to defend him or the centre.
Sivo rushed up even thought he pass was going out to the winger.

Horrible read in defence.

Sivo stays on his man there is no try.
If Sivo stays on Sami, Boyd passes to Kini and it’s all played out differently. Did Sivo make a bad decision but blaming him for not staying on his wing is absolving a lot of fault from other people.

TheCrowe

Juniors
So was there even a reserve grade trial? I cant find any evidence of it happening except for a Dogs team list on ZT.

JokerEel

Coach
If Sivo stays on Sami, Boyd passes to Kini and it’s all played out differently. Did Sivo make a bad decision but blaming him for not staying on his wing is absolving a lot of fault from other people.

Boyd had already passed before Sivo even started moving to Kini. I don't think he was even watching the ball carrier just the fullback.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So was there even a reserve grade trial? I cant find any evidence of it happening except for a Dogs team list on ZT.
TCTs Poddy said they would provide details on their socials once they secured the info. Anyone seen anything on their socials yet? If TCT dosent know theres little chance for the also rans.