What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's 2024 Trials Super Thread

84 Baby

Referee
Boyd had already passed before Sivo even started moving to Kini. I don't think he was even watching the ball carrier just the fullback.
But in order for him to “stay on his winger” he either needed to be wider or turn out to follow Sami. That changes Boyd’s actions probably.
It was a bad decision by Sivo but he wasn’t on his own in bad decisions in that try

JokerEel

Coach
But in order for him to “stay on his winger” he either needed to be wider or turn out to follow Sami. That changes Boyd’s actions probably.
It was a bad decision by Sivo but he wasn’t on his own in bad decisions in that try

He was pretty much on Sami until he ran in.

Simmonoson was square and didn't turn his shoulder in. Even with the centre coming back in and under Boyd.

84 Baby

Referee
He was pretty much on Sami until he ran in.

Simmonoson was square and didn't turn his shoulder in. Even with the centre coming back in and under Boyd.
Ok I think we’re agreeing on Sivo (except for level of blame) but yes Simonsson does stay square but that’s all he does. He falls asleep. His opposite centres zags past him while the ball goes over to Sami and he doesn’t move.

It was one of those missed tackles don’t always show bad defence moments because the only player who misses a tackle is Drown but he was coming from 3 in to do so whilst the other 2 standing around scratching their arses

JokerEel

Coach
Ok I think we’re agreeing on Sivo (except for level of blame) but yes Simonsson does stay square but that’s all he does. He falls asleep. His opposite centres zags past him while the ball goes over to Sami and he doesn’t move.

It was one of those missed tackles don’t always show bad defence moments because the only player who misses a tackle is Drown but he was coming from 3 in to do so whilst the other 2 standing around scratching their arses

I blame Sivo 100% on this. Buuuuut I also blame the coaching staff as this has been an issue for years and it still hasn't been fixed.

Defence should have been our priority in the off season watching alot of video would have been my suggestion as well

King-Gutho94

Coach
Do you think a team with less money that didn’t win it should get that prize money?
Do you reckon there should be prize money for pre-season games.

I feel like that 100k would be better spent in grassroots instead.

What's the prize money do the minor premiers win after the regular season. At least thats been earnt over 27 weeks not a couple of glorified trial games.

Noise

Coach

I feel like that 100k would be better spent in grassroots instead.

What's the prize money do the minor premiers win after the regular season. At least thats been earnt over 27 weeks not a couple of glorified trial games.
Yea I have no problem with prize money for pre season games. I didn't hear anyone complain when Manly won the 100k last year. And I doubt anyone here would have complained if we won it. In fact no one complained when we won $$ for the 9's (even though it eventually got taken away)But because it's Brisbane there's an issue.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I guess it’s an inducement for clubs to take it seriously, though I’m not sure they really do. If any club had played their top 17 for 160 minutes over the two games they would’ve won the cash, but nobody did.