What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Clark, Martin and Brittain are all options as well but is Cook injury prone? Don’t think he’s been injured once in his time with us?
Oh yeah Martin would be most likely!!!!

I think Cookie may have had 1-2 concussions with us.
Cook will be a Fantasy & Super coach legend,wouldn't surprise me at all if he averages more than Smith this season and his rise in price will add a lot of dollars to your team!
I'm doing what STID will do so of course I have Cook...

Can't see him averaging more than Smith as he doesn't really kick much and may miss a couple of tackles more than Smith.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well most people are on the train Pommy!

I'm confident he will flourish this year!

Did you know he's actually a better defender than Koroisau?? Plus I think he's a better runner of the footy and quicker!

It was classic how he showed up Mcturtle in the CS!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
3 out of 4 parties were on board. Robbie knocked it on the head.

I know he’s said he doesn’t want to play in England but he also doesn’t want to spend the year playing for the Bears so Souths and his manager are exploring all options.

Fwiw I was speaking to one of the guys from the Bears and he said that he’ll be surprised if Farah ever pulls on the Red and Black. They’d love him there but they can’t see it happening and aren’t planning for him to be there despite the fact that it’s pretty obvious he won’t be in the Souths team for round 1.

Reckons some sort of deal will be struck in the next week or so to move him on. Definitely won’t be still at Souths by the mid year cut off, that’s for sure.
Given that there was zero media mention of it in Australia or England and that Farah said there have been no talks of him leaving, I'd say it's more likely that someone was pulling your leg mate.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Given that there was zero media mention of it in Australia or England and that Farah said there have been no talks of him leaving, I'd say it's more likely that someone was pulling your leg mate.
So you rely only on what you read in the media????
Cos the media is always right lol
Not everything gets leaked to the media

callmack1

Staff member
So stoked to finally get Walker's new contract confirmed and it's a great sign as to where the club is heading.

Really good to hear about Reyno too and I can't wait to see him back.

doyen

Bench
Would anyone notice if Cook gets injured? Still not on the Cook hype train.

Sths look like they are going to play a more adventurous style this season which will hopefully suit COOK--------I'm still unconvinced too---it's a long hard season,the NRL, & one has to be tough & consistent to survive!
Just have to wait & see!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So you rely only on what you read in the media????
Cos the media is always right lol
Not everything gets leaked to the media
I believe Robbie Farah over random people on the internet. First hand information against what is, at best, third hand information. That's just common sense.

I don't take the media as gospel either, but it's still more reliable than people spreading rumours online.

I find it hard to believe that if four parties were negotiating a deal like this that it'd leak to a random person in a forum, but not to people who make their living by finding investigating stuff like this to write about.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

What the media and the public get told initially and what actually goes on behind closed doors are sometimes two completely different things. Sometimes things just change really quickly as well.

I can give you a perfect example of this...

John Lee who was the GM at Souths for a period of time while Richo was working for the NRL also happened to be my PE teacher at school many years ago. I bumped into him at one of his last games in charge of Souths and we had a long chat about the old days and a few of my mates that he also used to teach back at school.

At the time he told me that he was really enjoying his time at Souths and that he was looking forward to a long and prosperous career there. The whole situation with Luke Keary was coming to a conclusion and I asked him what was going on. John told me that he'd been made a great offer by the Waratahs and Australian Rugby and that his feeling was very much that Luke would be a Waratah for the following year and that he felt that a contract would be signed in the next week if it had not been signed already.

Within a couple of weeks, John was gone from Souths and had signed with the Roosters. A week or so later it was announced that Keary was signing at the Roosters as well.

So yeah... No source is impeccable. People only tell you what they want you to know. Things can and do change quickly. That's why we call them rumours and not facts.

Richo didn't offer him a contract after under 20's.

I'd say between Richo not rating him and him potentially still holding a grudge, it'd be unlikely.

Would bloody love to see it happen though.

His powerful kick returns/early runs in the set would help offset G.I's damage from the back

Odds on Mansour will be a chook for next year.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
What the media and the public get told initially and what actually goes on behind closed doors are sometimes two completely different things. Sometimes things just change really quickly as well.

I can give you a perfect example of this...

John Lee who was the GM at Souths for a period of time while Richo was working for the NRL also happened to be my PE teacher at school many years ago. I bumped into him at one of his last games in charge of Souths and we had a long chat about the old days and a few of my mates that he also used to teach back at school.

At the time he told me that he was really enjoying his time at Souths and that he was looking forward to a long and prosperous career there. The whole situation with Luke Keary was coming to a conclusion and I asked him what was going on. John told me that he'd been made a great offer by the Waratahs and Australian Rugby and that his feeling was very much that Luke would be a Waratah for the following year and that he felt that a contract would be signed in the next week if it had not been signed already.

Within a couple of weeks, John was gone from Souths and had signed with the Roosters. A week or so later it was announced that Keary was signing at the Roosters as well.

So yeah... No source is impeccable. People only tell you what they want you to know. Things can and do change quickly. That's why we call them rumours and not facts.
That's a good argument for why forum rumours aren't credible. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I never said you were claiming it as a fact. I gave my opinion on why I don't think it's a credible rumour, because that's my opinion on what was posted.

People really need to stop taking the questioning of rumours as a personal attack. Seriously. Unless you know you're lying and you don't want people to even consider the idea that the rumour's wrong, I don't get why anyone would respond like that.

If I said you needed oxygen to breathe and you didn't believe me, I wouldn't care. At the end of the day I know the truth, so what other people think really doesn't effect me.

That's a good argument for why forum rumours aren't credible. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I never said you were claiming it as a fact. I gave my opinion on why I don't think it's a credible rumour, because that's my opinion on what was posted.

People really need to stop taking the questioning of rumours as a personal attack. Seriously

Well... On the flipside, a poster by the tag of Fairfax posted on here that Inglis was going to backflip on the Broncos about two weeks before it actually happened.

At the time I told him he was full of shit and that it would never happen in a million years. Within a week it was all over the papers and within the fortnight he had signed with Souths... So... Yeah.

Latest posts