What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale- Mr reliable (rocks & diamonds)

Drag Queen

Bench
Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll choke and die :)
Nope, I don't wish death on anyone, even you. I'll retake back my last post. Don't choke on the popcorn. Every day is a good day to be alive. I wish my eldest could have realised this:(

ouryears

Bench
Can't say much on this thread without getting shredded, but you're 100% on this one. Warriors,and even Dugan shut him down. Can't see the the Storm not shutting him down tbh. Apart from being quick he doesn't have much else to offer. He will definitely have a target on his back from hereon in. Wait for the hate. I'm not sure he's the weakest FB in the comp but he'd be up there. Sorry Samy in advance.

DQ, Dufty will get better and better, safer and safer, a rookie has to start somewhere.

He already has the most line breaks in the entire NRL.

The weaknesses in his game will disappear and I am sure he will do us proud as he gets better and better.

Yes, he might cost us a win if he drops a bomb.... but he will get us many more wins with his line breaks and tries. I will take 5 wins he gets us for every 1 loss he causes at this stage.

Is that so bad?

I am just so grateful we finally have a player who can score a try from nothing.

When was the last time we had that? Sowie at his best? Darius Boyd perhaps.

Not many is there?

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Nope, I don't wish death on anyone, even you. I'll retake back my last post. Don't choke on the popcorn. Every day is a good day to be alive. I wish my eldest could have realised this:(
Sorry to hear that mate. I will be thinking of you and I hope you are ok DQ.

ouryears

Bench
Lomax is going to be a gun for years to come,but as long as nighty is playing footy the wing spot is his. He has earnt it over the years through his courage and loyalty. He’s a dragon legend.
I love nighty and he still plays some great games, tough as teak too.

But....should he be encouraged to retire at the end of this year?

And become our ambassador....

Drag Queen

Bench
Sorry to hear that mate. I will be thinking of you and I hope you are ok DQ.
Cheers. Feeling surprisingly good this morning despite a day of celebration and mourning mixed into one. Slightly hungover, but I would like to get the message out that Lifeline's number is 13 11 14 to anyone that may need it. I hope nobody needs to use it but it's there just in case. Xx

ouryears

Bench
Cheers. Feeling surprisingly good this morning despite a day of celebration and mourning mixed into one. Slightly hungover, but I would like to get the message out that Lifeline's number is 13 11 14 to anyone that may need it. I hope nobody needs to use it but it's there just in case. Xx
Thanks DQ mate, yes it is so important for anyone feeling blue to reach out. Men find it more difficult than women, who seem to have more social networks ...and closer friends than us blokes, (in most cases).

So please everyone, keep an eye out, and ask someone if they are really doing ok.

I hope your day is a good one DQ. I will be hoping so for you mate.

Drag Queen

Bench
I love nighty and he still plays some great games, tough as teak too.

But....should he be encouraged to retire at the end of this year?

And become our ambassador....
I can almost guarantee this will be his last year. He will be an ambassador for years to come. Bloody legend of a guy. Respected by the club, the players and the fans. Loyal as F**k. I like that a lot.

ouryears

Bench
I can almost guarantee this will be his last year. He will be an ambassador for years to come. Bloody legend of a guy. Respected by the club, the players and the fans. Loyal as F**k. I like that a lot.
I sure as heck admire and love Nighty too. His love and loyalty for our club is refreshing and bloody wonderful, we owe him big time.

I hope he is part of our club for the next 50 years!

Legend.

Drag Queen

Bench
Thanks DQ mate, yes it is so important for anyone feeling blue to reach out. Men find it more difficult than women, who seem to have more social networks ...and closer friends than us blokes, (in most cases).

So please everyone, keep an eye out, and ask someone if they are really doing ok.

I hope your day is a good one DQ. I will be hoping so for you mate.
Same to you. I'm OK today. Yesterday was just one of those bloody days I prefer to forget. A day that I hate bullying. Enough said Xx

ouryears

Bench
Same to you. I'm OK today. Yesterday was just one of those bloody days I prefer to forget. A day that I hate bullying. Enough said Xx
What are you doing today with no Dragon's playing?
Chilling out?

I got a new job and have to do a 6 hour on line course today, before I start the new job...yuk!

ouryears

Bench
It was clearly a joke.

Just like your friend.

It's hard to have on line friends, I personally dont know any one on our forum.

I try to treat everyone the same,
I haven't always said the right thing myself, I will put my hand up. (Sorry anyone I have offended)

Anyway, cheers SBD82

And there are some people on here who turn a blind eye to the obvious all on the back of 1 stellar game which are few and far between these days.
He can put in some good steady football but the assumption that a younger faster player can’t do that and more is merely sticking your head in the sand.
When Nighty gets the ball in the clear with 10 seconds on the clock and a try will win the game but he is run down despite a clear passage to the line you will all be harsh critics then believe you me.
To make the change is difficult for some supporters but to do it before it costs you dearly is using your big head according to Brownie
Too much love and not enough logic in this matter.
I happen to disagree with you regarding Nightingale.
It seems that he is constantly under the microscope no matter how well he plays.
Having said that, we will never know the answer until McGregor (or his consultants) decide to trade in Nightingale for a newer model.
Until that fateful day we won't know whether a different wing option will offer more than Nightingale.

Latest posts