What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Raiders

mxlegend99

Referee
All that said. We just took 2 points we shouldn't have.

Injuries and Origin players backing up. I know Raiders suck. But everything was stacked towards an easy game being pretty difficult.

Cleary with a clutch field goal too. Way to nail his first field goal.

His short kicks were average. But like Jimmy he seems to be able to ignore a mistake. Invaluable asset to q half.

mxlegend99

Referee
His last kick to level us up from the side line looked pretty good to me. Much of a muchness really.
At another club you forgive a miss like that.

With us... you think the guy who nailed ~30 in a row might be better. Actually im certain Cleary is slightly better.

Exsilium

First Grade
He had a shocker and Cleary was even worse. Awful squad management to play them. Flat as f**k

Pretty sure Griffin mentioned he’d ask them if they wanted to play or not. Mentioned that in the media.

Jimmy would have backed up but Cleary did look flat and off his game.

If a star player wants to play, let them play.

snickers007

Juniors
Wet track probably didn't suit us. Our line speed suffered, and we struggled to judge our short kicks.

The less said about the refs the better.

Happy to win, however far from happy with how we won.

And very disappointed for Kikau.

Doomednow

Bench
Raiders might be a meme team but I really thought we would lose this with the players backing up and having had the week off.

So yeah the boys.

kinghippo

Juniors
I
Pretty sure Griffin mentioned he’d ask them if they wanted to play or not. Mentioned that in the media.

Jimmy would have backed up but Cleary did look flat and off his game.

If a star player wants to play, let them play.
I hope that’s the case, I read something suggesting backing up is a lesson they had to learn. Everything felt off tonight but I never felt we were bad like last year terrible first half bad, full credit to griffin for us having turned the corner but I think we may have approached that game wrong

TheFrog

Coach
Just watched Ricky's press conference. He appeared to blame injuries for his loss. I got the impression of a coach on his last warning. Wonder if he sees the season out?

Tom.
Every week he talks about Hodgson, what a difference he'll make to the side. What a way to put unneeded pressure on a player returning from a knee reconstruction. I'll be surprised if he's even first grade standard before next season, and the Raiders will be out of the running by then anyway.

maple_69

Bench
Crap game but these are the games you build a premiership on. We are going to need to put it up a gear eventually but the next month wont be the time to do that so banking points is fine.

Devastated for Bill. I think he needed a rest though so hopefully he comes back fresh for the run into the finals. With Blake likely back it opens up Peacheys next chapter though I reckon. CHN to the bench, Peach to starting second row

Im not sure what to make of Ellis. Nothing against the bin but I just cant see what he offers. Hetherington should be in next week.

tripster

Juniors
With Blake likely back it opens up Peacheys next chapter though I reckon. CHN to the bench, Peach to starting second row.

I would love to find a way to have Peach on the field for 80 mins once Blake is back. However I can’t see him starting in the second row in our team anymore. I expect he will come off the bench, but the problem then is working out when in the game to bring him on and who to rotate him with. I equally feel like he is wasted sitting on the bench for 60 minutes or more a game. It is a real dilemma.

maple_69

Bench
I don’t really see what CHN is doing to justify a starting spot right now. He’s solid enough and that shouldn’t cut it in our side.

BxTom

Bench
Every week he talks about Hodgson, what a difference he'll make to the side. What a way to put unneeded pressure on a player returning from a knee reconstruction. I'll be surprised if he's even first grade standard before next season, and the Raiders will be out of the running by then anyway.

Yes, Hodson the saviour was talked about, but I notice that he was for a change, careful not to blame the players or silly mistakes. Unlike him, he actually praised the way that they played etc. Unlike his normal way of criticising everyone but himself.

Tom.

Look I don't think it is too much to worry about. Next week we play the Roosters - a big test like the Dragons and this time against a grubby forward pack. I am expecting much more energy and the players should be getting up for it.

unKwn

Juniors
it was just one of those shit games every now and then. we should be glad they saved it for the ultimate faders themselves. they'll be ready for the roosters. only thing that worries me is kikaus injury.