What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Raiders

Kilkenny

Coach
Whare should goto the wing if anyone does.

Honestly not fussed if Crichton or Whare played wing. Crichton is pretty hit and miss too. Not a bad player. But we really are just developing him for Bulldogs anyway.

Chrichton & Philips strike me as being a little better than NSW Cup standard but not quite quality NRL players. Both have done a decent job but we are going to need more come the business end of the season so Mansour's return is critical.

Its pretty amazing really given all of our injuries and we can still field a competitive top 17.

Whino

Bench
Perhaps May on the bench in place of Egan. Surely May can do a similar job to what Egan is currently providing and our three bench forwards Tamou, Hethrington & Ellis/Lui Toso.

I think Lui Toso is worth a game or two. Not someone who is capable of playing big minutes but from what I have seen he would give great go forward for the 20 so minutes playing time he would receive.

May can cover Katoa when he needs a breather and play a bit of backrow as well.
I like it.

Panfa

Juniors
Surely blake back next week could push peachey back to the bench hetherington to cover kikau

maple_69

Bench
Id bring Blake straight in for Peach, shift him to CHN’s spot and then switch him to lock when JFH goes off and CHN comes on. Tamou and Hetherington rotate for RCG and Merrin. Peach gets to play 60 odd minutes with some space and plenty of ball/time at tired forwards.

Im not fussed by Philips or Crichton. I reckon Crichton will turn into a decent first grader, Philips looks depth.

OldPanther

Coach
Id bring Blake straight in for Peach, shift him to CHN’s spot and then switch him to lock when JFH goes off and CHN comes on. Tamou and Hetherington rotate for RCG and Merrin. Peach gets to play 60 odd minutes with some space and plenty of ball/time at tired forwards.

Im not fussed by Philips or Crichton. I reckon Crichton will turn into a decent first grader, Philips looks depth.

CHN shouldn't be in the middle.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just because we won doesn't mean they played particularly well. It's a quality champion teams seem to have so it's good to see us get the win while playing at maybe 75% of our best.

You didn’t really answer, but what ever.

I thought our best were 3.Peach 2.RCG 1.Maloney.

The thing with Maloney is. He is very good at reading how the rest of the team are going. If he feels like the the team is “On” he’ll put the foot down.

If the team is a bit flat, he plays more of a controlled game and just does what it takes to get the job done.

I felt like he did that Friday night. We wouldn’t have been in the hunt with out him.

OldPanther

Coach
You didn’t really answer, but what ever.

I thought our best were 3.Peach 2.RCG 1.Maloney.

The thing with Maloney is. He is very good at reading how the rest of the team are going. If he feels like the the team is “On” he’ll put the foot down.

If the team is a bit flat, he plays more of a controlled game and just does what it takes to get the job done.

I felt like he did that Friday night. We wouldn’t have been in the hunt with out him.

You answered "they were a bit off" with "would we have won without them particularly Maloney" so I assumed that was an argument against what I said and responded accordingly.

To answer directly I don't know.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You answered "they were a bit off" with "would we have won without them particularly Maloney" so I assumed that was an argument against what I said and responded accordingly.

To answer directly I don't know.

So you think we have someone else capable of doing what Maloney does for us?

I think you underestimate how smart he is.

Against that awful Raiders side dropping the ball every second set......yes any FIT young enthusiastic half and we win that game by 20. Our tired halves dragged down the whole sides performance. Infact this is the 1 game where Peach was a good option for 6.

Maloney is the most important player we have and has won us many games this year but this wasn't one of them

kinghippo

Juniors
Perhaps May on the bench in place of Egan. Surely May can do a similar job to what Egan is currently providing and our three bench forwards Tamou, Hethrington & Ellis/Lui Toso.

I think Lui Toso is worth a game or two. Not someone who is capable of playing big minutes but from what I have seen he would give great go forward for the 20 so minutes playing time he would receive.

I was pretty surprised May wasn’t in the squad for this one, I haven’t had much chance to follow him post injury, how is he playing?

OldPanther

Coach

I definitely don't. I've argued he should be in consideration for immortal status.

Both hlves said they were down with Nathan apologising to the team for it. It doesn't mean they are bad players overall like you seam to think we are saying.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Against that awful Raiders side dropping the ball every second set......yes any FIT young enthusiastic half and we win that game by 20. Our tired halves dragged down the whole sides performance. Infact this is the 1 game where Peach was a good option for 6.

Maloney is the most important player we have and has won us many games this year but this wasn't one of them

Definitely don’t agree.

Rhyno

First Grade
I’m 6/7 f**king panthers costing me a perfect round

Hot tip: dragons beat dogs I’m 7/8

Latest posts