What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee

He didn’t miss any tackle. Yes he should have pushed up just in case but others didn’t either (they are off the camera), Jennings was the one that didn’t work hard enough.
I know you have to keep your defensive line somewhat, but given Vave is the only one besides the fullback in spitting distance when the kick comes down means a lot of players should be hanging their heads in f**king shame. VAVE FFS!!! How does f**king Siosaia Vave out hustle you???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Will Smith is not a dummy half. I knew BA had lost the plot when he selected Smith for 80min over a fit King weeks ago. Last night he could have used Pritchard for the 10 minutes seeing he is fit enough to play for Wenty.
Fit enough for Wenty isn’t the same as being fit enough for first grade. Over half the merkins in the ISP are part-time footballers. And virtually nobody cares if the team wins or loses, so an unfit player is free to stay out there ten minutes too long and become a liability. Basically, getting NRL players fit is prioritised over the reserve grade side winning the game. That’s not the case in first grade.
Takarangi was not good last year either. He has been even worse this year. It didn't take a genius to figure that out
I reckon he’s been a lot better this year. I actually think he’s been good, the odd high risk play notwithstanding.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He only needed to play 10 minutes FFS. Josh Hodgson just came back from an ACL injury and played shit loads longer than 10min. Kaysa has only been out for a month or 2 with a much less serious injury than an ACL.
Hodgson isn’t in the team for his work rate. He is one of the laziest defenders in the comp. It’s a big part of why Canberra’s defence is so poor.

IFR33K

Coach
As you know , my experience with the pelican when I was secretary of one of the biggest clubs was horrendous. He has basically the whole junior league offside, registrations have fallen drastically, and overall direction has stalled.
Fortunately, Anyhony Field contacted most of the decent older age juniors, otherwise they would be playing in other districts.
This appointment by DA doesn't help the club at all, hope the review takes the opportunity to speak to presidents of secretaries of major junior clubs to understand the issue. The Penrith JRL has improved since Cummings was allowed to leave and head that district.

Very arrogant and non approachable. Phil always listened to the junior clubs.

Delboy

First Grade
Very arrogant and non approachable. Phil always listened to the junior clubs.

Most would be surprised at the number of juniors from Hills and North West area that have moved to play elsewhere. My grandson has moved into the Penrith Comp this year , after playing since he was 4 in his own area. Problem is , the senior heirarchy dont pay enough attention to junior clubs, only interested in the rep teams. A dangerous policy if allowed to continue

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah we definitely need strong junior leagues similar to Roosters and Storm.

But seriously best practice needs to be administered

It's funny, not that long ago I remember rather a few posters that were whining how we put too much faith in juniors and we needed to be more like the Roosters and Storm who go out and buy players and nurture them.

Now we've gotta have our own juniors again. It's almost like people have no idea what actually makes a successful club and just want to whinge...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Most would be surprised at the number of juniors from Hills and North West area that have moved to play elsewhere. My grandson has moved into the Penrith Comp this year , after playing since he was 4 in his own area. Problem is , the senior heirarchy dont pay enough attention to junior clubs, only interested in the rep teams. A dangerous policy if allowed to continue

Why wouId they move comps? What does Phil do that causes this?

Not being a smart arse or anything, just curious. Wouldnt the juniors basically train with their club / coach and play on the weekend. Not sure what an administrator wouId do to affect this. Are some clubs given preferential treatment with better draws / funds ?

Delboy

First Grade
Yeah we definitely need strong junior leagues similar to Roosters and Storm.

But seriously best practice needs to be administered
Have you actually been involved in junior footy, it's because clubs have a junior base that the opportunity to poach is available to those clubs. If you knew anything you would know the Storm have a centre of excellence in the South Island of New Zealand.

Also the point is that when the junior league is run by an idiot, kids stop following the club, volunteers are hard to find.

Ifr33k is part of a junior club, I think you are failing to acknowledge the base of the club, but I am not surprised that many only see the NRL. Why do you think Penrith are successful, they are run by the GM we let go, and even Gus understands if you have a strong base, it crucially supports what's above it. Parramatta are more than the first grade team, and needs the lifeline the juniors should provide.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He didn’t miss any tackle. Yes he should have pushed up just in case but others didn’t either (they are off the camera), Jennings was the one that didn’t work hard enough.
Takairangi's definitely not an 80 minute forward. But with Ma'u and Moeroa unavailable we are light on at his position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you enforce a NDH policy anyway? And besides, the Broncos and Roosters and Storm seem to do ok with dickheads hanging around.
They don't last at those clubs though, do they? I'm talking about the kind of dickheads that have a negative influence on team morale and discipline. There are some that always get rissoled from their clubs every couple of years and others who make the front page of the news every now and then but manage to stay professional in football matters. They are two different beasts. The ones that clubs get rid of are the type we need to get rid of. Others who just can't handle their piss are fine clubmen when they decide to quit drinking.