What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD doesn't need another team

Canard

Immortal
@oval nrl reddit is a cesspool. The mod is a dopey cowboys fan who wants less Sydney clubs for teams in Perth and Adelaide

People on there don’t even know what the super league war was or news ltd being owners of the game for 15 years
Aren't you the guy that abandoned RL and became a Swans member?

Christchurch has to be a strong contender for the 18th licence. If the consortium bidding for the licence presents a strong business case it will be hard to deny them a spot in the NRL. There's never been a better time to add a second NZ team. I say this despite wanting the Brisbane Tigers to get the licence.

I don't know what to think of the PNG bid. If the aim is to keep China from building a base in the Pacific then it doesn't solve the issue. The distance between Brisbane and Port Moresby is 2,092 km. New Caledonia is just 1,469km away.

Couldn't China build a base in New Caledonia?

Does that mean the Aus Gov funds an NRL team in Port Moresby and a Queensland Cup team in New Caledonia?

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Christchurch has to be a strong contender for the 18th licence. If the consortium bidding for the licence presents a strong business case it will be hard to deny them a spot in the NRL. There's never been a better time to add a second NZ team. I say this despite wanting the Brisbane Tigers to get the licence.

I don't know what to think of the PNG bid. If the aim is to keep China from building a base in the Pacific then it doesn't solve the issue. The distance between Brisbane and Port Moresby is 2,092 km. New Caledonia is just 1,469km away.

Does that mean the Aus Gov funds an NRL team in Port Moresby and a Queensland Cup team in New Caledonia?
Whatever dumb excuse the feds use to justify spending 600 million for the main benefit of growing rugby league works for me

swap China for martians idc

Canard

Immortal

Old mate here thinks that proximity to Brisbane is the main criteria in a geopolitical landscape.

What about the rest of Australia you insular bell end?

I'm not saying i agree with it, but i think the next NRL club will be based in Queensland as i think that PV wants to put the squeeze on the AFL expanding any more in Queensland, but thats just my opinion.

docbrown

Coach
@oval nrl reddit is a cesspool. The mod is a dopey cowboys fan who wants less Sydney clubs for teams in Perth and Adelaide

People on there don’t even know what the super league war was or news ltd being owners of the game for 15 years
Like I've said before, the new generation of fans weren't even babies when Super League happened and reddit skews young. They don't have that baggage, which to be honest, was holding the game back.

The Great Dane

First Grade

New Caledonia is a French territory.

In other words even though they don't like people putting it this way it's literally a French colony, and no France is never going to allow China to build a military base in it's territory.

The fact that you don't know this is shocking, they're literally one of our closest neighbours.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Like I've said before, the new generation of fans weren't even babies when Super League happened and reddit skews young. They don't have that baggage, which to be honest, was holding the game back.
Yeah the fact that younger people don't care about that baggage, or a lot of the other traditionalist tendencies in the sport, is a very good thing.

blue bags

First Grade

Would that be Donkey Kong north Queensland cowboys fan 🤔

Latest posts