What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think an idea like a Division 1 of 4 teams each from Penrith and Parramatta in the international rules ages (13 years and up) would,be of benefit to both leagues. Yep it's the same in Div 1 in the Penrith Comp with generally 4 teams dominant in each age group.

That would hopefully enable the Div 2 clubs to get better, and actually be able to compete, if the top 4 have a good second tier, then they will playing the top team from other clubs. That may well force a more even playing field and get those younger players to stay.

Not that I expect the brain dead person in charge at the PDJRL to even look at it, his forte is " my way or the highway". We have had some dopes. in charge but no one as arrogant as this failure.

How is the Parra junior comps structure? Do they have let’s say division one under 13 comp? then a division 2 under 13 comp ? Etc etc so sides play against other sides with similar abilities.

The sharks did have their best under 16 sides play in the Illawarra comp for a while as their comp wasn’t strong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, I,understand you are prepared to argue for its own sake. But we are trying to tell,people,that a once strong junior league is losing players to other districts because of hopeless leadership.
Yes , we are interested in that domain, doesn't mean that it won't impact on the senior team at some point. Ifr33k is seeing players leave to the Bulldogs juniors, I am seeing players leave into the Riff juniors and some into Norths.
It's not an issue to be ignored despite your thoughts from interstate, and we do bring juniors into our rep systems to strengthen the rep teams, but the juniors need to be encouraged to enable strong competition past the 13/14 years age group.
I don't think it's sensible for your typical circular remarks from outside of the district, when you have no direct knowledge of the issue.
My point is that it obviously makes little difference to the NRL clubs because of the success of the Storm and Roosters. And it doesn’t matter to the kids either. As long as they’re happy playing footy who cares which comp they’re in. They’re children FFS!

hindy111

Post Whore
like he has so many choices, you cant pick uncontracted players you know

I doubt anyone here would have predicted the Mennings drop in form at the start of the year let alone BA in fact some here were arguing he was still good enough for Origin

also Smith had some decent games at the end of last season and deserved his place in the squad as a utility and I see he is one of this weeks scapegoats but apparently its all BA's fault because he was supposed to foresee all this last summer

W.Smith mom against storm in finals

Delboy

First Grade
The Para comp has Div 1 from U8 to A grade, the point that was being made is that generally there are 3 to 4 teams that are far too strong for the rest. That's also true of the Penrith comp which has greater numbers.

Players are restricted these days in their movements, for,instance that can't transfer into teams that play in Div 1 competition GFs the previous year. Players that make the talent squads are required to play for the club they represent for th following year.

Despite that the same clubs dominate in each comp. my concern is the administration being so poor, that good players that are on the fringe of the talent squad are leaving, and clubs are fimding it increasingly difficult to work with the GM that the structure is declining and there is little cooperation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think an idea like a Division 1 of 4 teams each from Penrith and Parramatta in the international rules ages (13 years and up) would,be of benefit to both leagues. Yep it's the same in Div 1 in the Penrith Comp with generally 4 teams dominant in each age group.

That would hopefully enable the Div 2 clubs to get better, and actually be able to compete, if the top 4 have a good second tier, then they will playing the top team from other clubs. That may well force a more even playing field and get those younger players to stay.

Not that I expect the brain dead person in charge at the PDJRL to even look at it, his forte is " my way or the highway". We have had some dopes. in charge but no one as arrogant as this failure.
This guy you hate, what do you believe is his job? By which I mean, what do you think his boss has tasked him to do? And do you think it might be different from what you want/expect him to do?

hindy111

Post Whore
So we cant sign players under contract but if we sign a player off contract and in form he is only playing for a contract and so we shouldnt sign.

Some real eggs on here....

hindy111

Post Whore
Cartwright is the man we should look at. Right there is a 600k player you could get for 250k. Low risk and high reward. He is still a kid. He would come as a bench play and give 30-40mins a game. The guys a talent and someone we should take a punt on.

Delboy

First Grade
This guy you hate, what do you believe is his job? By which I mean, what do you think his boss has tasked him to do? And do you think it might be different from what you want/expect him to do?
You never stop the circle jerk do you.

Whilst you quote some interesting stuff, you can be pretty painful to those who have some knowledge of the situation, because you don't.

I will just say, that was an idea and he is not someone who,takes up new ideas, and please stop commenting on things you have no idea about. Ifr33k has genuine concerns so please just talk about LBAs and similar .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You never stop the circle jerk do you.

Whilst you quote some interesting stuff, you can be pretty painful to those who have some knowledge of the situation, because you don't.
Then you should be happy to answer the three questions you quoted.
I will just say, that was an idea and he is not someone who,takes up new ideas, and please stop commenting on things you have no idea about. Ifr33k has genuine concerns so please just talk about LBAs and similar .
The post you quoted contained only questions. Not a single opinion.

So explain yourself.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id looks at

Hethrington
Jerome Luai
Cartwright
Fuimaino

Priority is too get Jennings out and Hoffman from squad. Norman staying isnt worse thing in world.
Pedning on Austins proce he could be a perfect 14 til Mahoney or Schneider is ready. He stated he happy with a cheap 1yr deal to prove self.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Hayne plays like did last night he is worthy of a contract. If Gutherson stays at fullback id move French on. Otherwise if Guth at centre id move him to fullback and give him a shot.
Sign a winger but only 1. I wouldn't want to block path for these young talents of Dunster and Parry etc.
R.Jennings has been great all year. Its really his first year in grade and he makes nearly 150mtrs a game. Bar the odd specatacular a guy like Fergsuon can do RJ gives amazing value

JokerEel

Coach
If Hayne plays like did last night he is worthy of a contract. If Gutherson stays at fullback id move French on. Otherwise if Guth at centre id move him to fullback and give him a shot.
Sign a winger but only 1. I wouldn't want to block path for these young talents of Dunster and Parry etc.
R.Jennings has been great all year. Its really his first year in grade and he makes nearly 150mtrs a game. Bar the odd specatacular a guy like Fergsuon can do RJ gives amazing value

Robert plays for the bunnies...

I would be happy to keep our back 3 as

Gutho
Gennings
French

JokerEel

Coach
Id looks at

Hethrington
Jerome Luai
Cartwright
Fuimaino

Priority is too get Jennings out and Hoffman from squad. Norman staying isnt worse thing in world.
Pedning on Austins proce he could be a perfect 14 til Mahoney or Schneider is ready. He stated he happy with a cheap 1yr deal to prove self.

I would be going after Luai before Austin 100%

Stevie

Bench
Lets go back in time...

You really just have to laugh don't you...

Source - DT in March.

Towering Eels recruit Kane Evans leaves Sydney Roosters and arrives at another club worthy of 2018 title

KANE Evans walked away from the star-studded Sydney Roosters and straight into a Parramatta team he declared can also win the 2018 NRL title.

Evans has arrived out west with some Bondi bravado by proudly spruiking Brad Arthur’s men have what it takes to end a 31-year premiership drought.

“And if we didn’t have a chance of winning, I wouldn’t have come here,’’ Evans told News Corp Australia.

39a66890b4f96a8273637eb4f8363dbe

Kane Evans is determined to make a big impact at the Eels.
“I’ve seen what the boys can do and what the coach can do, and I know we have the right ingredients to get that grand final.

“This is the year. I wouldn’t have come if it wasn’t. I’m excited.

“It’s the best club I’ve been to so far.’’

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Lets go back in time...

Source - DT in March.

Towering Eels recruit Kane Evans leaves Sydney Roosters and arrives at another club worthy of 2018 title

KANE Evans walked away from the star-studded Sydney Roosters and straight into a Parramatta team he declared can also win the 2018 NRL title.

Evans has arrived out west with some Bondi bravado by proudly spruiking Brad Arthur’s men have what it takes to end a 31-year premiership drought.

“And if we didn’t have a chance of winning, I wouldn’t have come here,’’ Evans told News Corp Australia.

“I’ve seen what the boys can do and what the coach can do, and I know we have the right ingredients to get that grand final.

Why Stevie? Why?????

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lets go back in time...

Source - DT in March.

Exactly. We are badly out of form, with most of our team a long way from their best. Something is wrong in the club, and it might be the coach, or it might be his problem to fix. He has a year left on contract. It’s very exciting.

IFR33K

Coach
Is there transfer rules to prevent clubs poaching players?

There’s a few measures but it’s not working.

Parramatta for years has been stating no club can have more than 2 teams in each age group. Several years ago they tried enforcing the rule, and one of the powerful clubs threatened to boycott the parra district and head to the Penrith comp. Can you guess how parra reacted????

Some clubs have 4 teams in one age group, while a neighbouring club may have none is the said age group. How does is create competition if all the stronger players are being stockpiled?