What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Timbo

Staff member
The only sport the lads spent the off season preparing for was pie eating contest .

Honestly who is must keep in the side. We are spending around a million bucks a year on wighton when Cotric could do the job.

Here is who I would consider must keep. Cotric, Hodgson, Whitehead, tapine, rapana and papalii. Croker is long serving and probably doesn't break the bank. Wighton is versatile and id keep him around on a sensible contact.

Wighton's status as an untouchable spine player makes me so f**king angry I don't have words.

For what he offers we could get someone on half the money to do the exact same f**king thing. But hey, Jack's gotta get paid.

The strange thing is that it has never occurred to Ricky that he may be a contributing factor to the results that this underachieving team has again posted. Not once every blue moon but consistently the raiders can be tagged as the underachievers.......Put this in a mathematical equation the common denominator is of course Ricky.......At least do the sums Ricky.....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Wighton's status as an untouchable spine player makes me so f**king angry I don't have words.

For what he offers we could get someone on half the money to do the exact same f**king thing. But hey, Jack's gotta get paid.

Wighton I think is handy. He hits hard, runs hard and is a decent ball player although sticky overuses the play.

Im wondering if he can slot in at 5/8th next year.

I just object to him sitting on a gigantic contract if he is just doing what cotric could do on a smaller deal. Plus it will help keep nick.

It's not a perfect measure but tapine is equal first in the greenhouse player of the year awards and should move into outright first imo. Wighton and Hodgson are equal fourth

These three players have missed a lot of games this year.

Not a lot of guys really stand up

carcharias

Immortal
I can only assume Ricky’s mobile phone plan includes unlimited texers, otherwise he really will be hurtin’.

He needs to download WhatsApp in the off-season because those MMS texers can hurt too.
He’d have to know how to make sure he sets it up to not auto copy the pics to his phone.

Timbo

Staff member
Wighton I think is handy. He hits hard, runs hard and is a decent ball player although sticky overuses the play.

Im wondering if he can slot in at 5/8th next year.

I just object to him sitting on a gigantic contract if he is just doing what cotric could do on a smaller deal. Plus it will help keep nick.

It's not a perfect measure but tapine is equal first in the greenhouse player of the year awards and should move into outright first imo. Wighton and Hodgson are equal fourth

These three players have missed a lot of games this year.

Not a lot of guys really stand up

I don't think Wighton is a bad footballer. I think he's a pretty average fullback though. And Ricky saying things like 'I wouldn't trade him for any other fullback' and 'he's like a son to me' isn't helpful.

MrBlack

Juniors
Problem for Canberra is that they do not have a good game manager in the halves. A good half steers that lead to a win every time.

To be honest they haven't had a descent half since........ Well Ricky himself.

mongoose

Coach
He will be playing prop next year because we have lost all our props and only tapine has the body to go in the middle and it f**king sucks. The least of our problems is the back row

Put Sezer and Croker on the pie diet for 6 months, 2 props ready to go.

mongoose

Coach
I don't think Wighton is a bad footballer. I think he's a pretty average fullback though. And Ricky saying things like 'I wouldn't trade him for any other fullback' and 'he's like a son to me' isn't helpful.

despite our results this year, Wighton has been one of our best and he's cut some of the errors out of his game. His best position is centre though, even Gould said he would pick him for NSW if he played at centre for his club.

carcharias

Immortal
Raiders would win the comp if they had a good coach.
They have so much amo in attack.
Bellamy would have them top 2

2 weeks

Coach
I think Ricky should introduce some fitness drills; maybe some jumping jacks and a brisk lap of the oval a couple of times per week.

I agree.
Plus he should add Iroquois Twists to the fitness regimen.

N447.gif

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Say what you want about Sticky as a coach, but when it comes to clinging on to his job, he must have a priceless silver tongue. The merkin seems bullet proof to being outright sacked.