What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

no name

Coach
Lol @ anyone suggesting there was any arm involved in that collision.
It was all left shoulder. No other part of Slater’s body touched Feki.

The rule is ridiculous, but it is a rule.
He shouldn’t be playing next week, but I think they will find a way around it.

sempmrh

Juniors

The rule is ridiculous, but it is a rule.
He shouldn’t be playing next week, but I think they will find a way around it.
2D521314-6ECE-4A79-A677-D6AEDCBECA64.jpeg

Spot On

Coach
Can't wait to do the station surfing this afternoon and hear the commentators tell us what a shame that a RL 'great' is going to miss out on playing his last game because of a tackle where there was no malice in it and no one got hurt.

Todd Greenberg talks about the integrity of the game and other such things, well Todd, using your shoulder in a tackle is not allowed, it's a rule introduced to protect the ball carrier. It's a rule that was not designed to be interpreted in such a way whereby for example, the ball carrier was not hurt, he got straight up. It is a rule. Lets see how your mob hold up that rule, for the integrity of the game.

For the integrity of the game, I might add,
i. the NRL should also look at the 'attacking' of the legs (I won't call it tackling) from behind when there are 2 defenders already holding a ball carrier up and that ball carrier is not moving forward. It is a cheap shot.

ii. the crusher tackle must have stronger punishment, the NRL want it outlawed but using G Inglis as an example, it should not matter if a player has a clean record and therefore no carry over points. If it's done, so is the player responsible for at least 1 game. Then the carry over points come into it, e.g. L Mitchell would miss 1 game automatically and then another due to carry over points. But that is only if the NRL wanted integrity and wanted to protect players.

I'd rather see Todd protect the integrity of the game by letting us all know the outcome of the Andrew Gee in the Bronc's coaching box fiasco.

Why the f**k us that bloke allowed anywhere near an NRL game?

Slater playing in a GF is not a concern we should have when it comes to the integrity if the game. Taking 300K from a leagues club and then quiting your 250K a year job, 5 minutes before being interviewed over the missing money is more dsmaging to the integrity of the game than stopping a try on the field in a prelim final.

Saxon

Bench
Watch the reverse angle. Right arm comes around and makes contact.

Meth

Staff member
I think there's enough doubt about the incident to clear Slater and personally, I think that's good. As much as a rule is a rule, you'd hate to see a player miss the GF for that, even if it's a player you hate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, my bad.
Slater’s right arm slightly brushes Feki.

Next shot his right arm is right across the front of him. Nothing to see here move on. Media just needing some “controversy”to talk about and as usual fans lapping it up. They should be talking about what a great defensive game Brodie Croft put in or the bravery of Lewis to play through most of the game injured.

Valheru

Coach
It was a clear shoulder charge.

I disagree with the notion that he couldn't stop the try with a conventional tackle. See blake ferguson against wests for instructions.

no name

Coach
Next shot his right arm is right across the front of him. Nothing to see here move on. Media just needing some “controversy”to talk about and as usual fans lapping it up. They should be talking about what a great defensive game Brodie Croft put in or the bravery of Lewis to play through most of the game injured.
Yeah nah, his left arm tucked in is what SHOULD get him in strife.

nick87

Coach
Won’t be suspended and nor should he
It is a shoulder charge but he made no contact with the head or neck area which is usually the reason you get suspended for these hits

He got clean and flush on the body. Thought it might have warranted a sin bin but that’s not bad enough to warrant a suspension

Not all high tackles warrant a suspension, so the idea that all shoulders do is absurd

As far as shoulder charges go this was as clean as it gets

jargan83

Coach
You can slow the vision down, you can freeze frame it as much as you want but it was a shoulder change.

The way the rule is written he should miss next week, however the NRL will manufacture a result to ensure Billy is free to play.

The NRL has tied its own noose on this one by banning the shoulder charge and doubling down last year or the year before.

Latest posts