What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

billygilmore

Juniors
Bunch of pussies, any of you guys that actually play league in here if your fullback pulls of that try saving play on the weekend are you then gonna tell me you’d be calling for your own team mate to be suspended because “dems da rules ya know”

Wizardman

First Grade
Bunch of pussies, any of you guys that actually play league in here if your fullback pulls of that try saving play on the weekend are you then gonna tell me you’d be calling for your own team mate to be suspended because “dems da rules ya know”
I've asked three mates who want Slater suspended on wether they would want their fullback to make the same play. All three said yes.....shows the stupidness of the rule....he should play.

OzDragon

Coach
It’s not the tackle that was dumb, it’s the rule itself. Unless the MRC makes billy an exception to said rule, he should be suspended. But they’ve shown bias before so who TF knows.

The rule should hopefully then be scrapped in the off season.

ram raid

Bench
Billy will have to miss the game, cause it will look dodgy as f**k if they let him play, however they need to change the rule. Penalise all shoulder charges but only dangerous ones get suspended starting round 1 next year.

I wonder if maybe they could change the rule to make ok to use the shoulder when defending a try, like how you're allowed to tackle in mid air when defending.

Valheru

Coach
I've asked three mates who want Slater suspended on wether they would want their fullback to make the same play. All three said yes.....shows the stupidness of the rule....he should play.

The stupidity of the rule can be debated at end of season. The fact is the rule is there and must be enforced.

It won't be though.

edabomb

First Grade
Protected species. They'll get him off. Just like when Ennis and Wighton were up for shoulder charges so they analysed the Ennis one and brought in some rule about separation of the arm from the body not being a shoulder charge. They then failed to have another look at the Wighton case and he had to go to the judiciary to get off.

JB04

Juniors
10 pages.... Damn.... Could just be a simple poll.

A) I like Slater. Let him play FFS, whatever he did.
B) I hate the merkin. Sideline him. While we're at it press charges.
C) I like watching the best guys play. Give it a rest and move on.
D) I'm a stickler for the rules. He's got to be charged.
E) The rule was always dumb. About time something happened to make it questionable.
F) I like complaining about everything when given an opportunity!
G) f**k MELBOURNE!
H) I don't understand what is happening! So i'll make a ridiculously unconnected segway into something I do understand instead.
Options B and G perfectly sum up my thoughts. Good job!

Chook Norris

First Grade
Anyone who has watched league long enough knows that, looking at the tackle on pure face value and without the rules in mind, Slater should not be suspended. It's a tackle that has been made a billion times near the sideline since RL was invented.

With the rules in mind, it's probably a suspension.

That shows how stupid the rule is - it seems like after all the overreaction on here last night that LU is starting to come to terms with this.

The NRL would have to be stupid to not review the rule in the off season.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It was a body check, not a shoulder charge - there will (and shouldn't be) a case to answer.

Ch 9 carrying on about it was for publicity, it is a non-event.

So the chooken or bunnies fans can cry into their breakfast for the week leading into the GF.

The_Shield

Juniors
First contact is actually Billy’s right arm. That’s gotta work in his favour surely, does anyone know how much first contact comes into the charge?