What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Test Triple Header - New Zealand v Australia @ Mt Smart

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that was almost embarrassing for the game.
The Kiwis should really have won that easily.

And would have done if bunker was actually legit. That would have made it 32-12 with ten to go. Could have been anything if roos hadn’t been given a freebie to get back into it at the end.
$2million and they couldn’t see what my fox freeze frame on my crappy tv showed, ball clearly touching the grass. Money well spent Todd.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Meninga deserves that loss for picking Josh McGuire at starting lock.

A boring one dimensional hit up merchant.

Meanwhile the great Boo Radley was watching at home.

Radley = win
No Radley = loss

Simple.

carcharias

Immortal
And would have done if bunker was actually legit. That would have made it 32-12 with ten to go. Could have been anything if roos hadn’t been given a freebie to get back into it at the end.
$2million and they couldn’t see what my fox freeze frame on my crappy tv showed, ball clearly touching the grass. Money well spent Todd.

you already said that.

I already said I reckon Smiths other try was lucky to be not called a double movement.
Worse decision IMO.

edabomb

First Grade

I really can't think of another sport in the world that goes to the lengths we do to deny a point scoring effort. It's an absolute joke - watching a player pick the ball up 6 or 7 times in free frame in the hope they can convince themselves there was a bobble...

big hit!

Bench
He's done plenty of good for QLD & AUS, but Hagan's selections for this match were questionable. Too many to go through really. McLean and Woods as national props? I'll just stop there

Iafeta

Referee
That Brandon Smith no try call was a disgrace. You can’t be that incompetent. Surprisingly, I thought Ashley Klown had a pretty good game. But the mongs in the bunker, they just can’t help themselves. It’s the only reason Australia got close, it would have been 32-12 and goodnight Irene. Which would have a fair summation because frankly NZ dominated them through the forwards and with their kicking game.

Madge v Meninga. Lol. It’s not even fair. Meninga has sailed by with Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Smith. It’s not like that now. It’s like his Canberra days. He actually has to coach. Which he couldn’t there either. Madge completely out manoeuvred him. I haven’t seen such a well organised Kiwis team frankly.

Great test debuts for Manu and Smith. Huge futures for those chaps. DWZ, captain fantastic. Great test from him. Shaun Johnson controlled the game beautifully. Amazing how well he goes with a dominant pack. Pity he’s barely ever had that at the Warriors and yet still gets critically slaughtered as their scapegoat. I thought that JWH and Jesse Bromwich has their best test matches and they completely outclassed the Australian pack. In every facet frankly.

The score line is not indicative of the Kiwis dominance. And that’s thanks to the two blind mice in the Bunker. Shoot the system already if it’s going to continue to be a farcical joke.

Wish we were playing NZ B next week. I would love to give the sometimes yes, sometimes not Tongans a belting for the ages. Hope Australia puts a dog up them. For the first time ever, I will firmly barracking for the Kangaroos.

Pommy

Coach
He's done plenty of good for QLD & AUS, but Hagan's selections for this match were questionable. Too many to go through really. McLean and Woods as national props? I'll just stop there

Woods didn’t even make Origin, how the hell did he make the Roos?

carcharias

Immortal
f**k me
Anyone would think the kiwis have never had a call go their way.

Only just snuck home against a heavily depleted Aussie team and you are crying about a no try.
The dumb merkin nearly blew both his try’s.

If truth be told the kiwi’s and the warriors have been under achievers for decades.
Gifted with so much natural and physical ability yet more often than not they choke or just give up.

NRLMad

Juniors
Despite bring a born and bred Aussie, I’ve always followed anyone and everyone other than Australia.

For the 4th or 5th time in recent history it was obvious that the refs and the calls all seem to go Australia’s way. Those calls have all robbed other international teams wins vs Australia. Same thing has happened in cricket for 20 years.

Sustained pressure is the key and I think the best thing for Nz was Australia scoring early in the game resulting in NZ kicking into gear.

Johnson and Nikorima short kicking game resulting in repeat sets and the new boys resulted in a good win. The smith no try was strange as it went up as a try and I saw a shot of where the ball touches the grass. Now he seemed to wobble it so maybe that was the deciding factor.

The defence issues on Latrells side were terrible or was that a plan? I doubt. Australia just needed to send it that way more. It they didn’t get the ball enough out there.

So what’s with the NZ public - ticket prices too high, continuous fails at previous attempts? Not enough support? I don’t get it. Why not fill that stadium for $10 tickets on the ends and it’s an amazing atmosphere? We really need to think about how the game looks on tv to grow the pot.

NZ should have won by 20 plus and that would have worried and scared Australia into gear For their next game. Based on them thinking they can score at any point, I think they’ll lose vs Tonga as well. It will all come down to the first 15 mins. The heart and soul in the Tongan team is huge. Also, DWZ at the back was amazing.

Iafeta

Referee
f**k me
Anyone would think the kiwis have never had a call go their way.

Only just snuck home against a heavily depleted Aussie team and you are crying about a no try.
The dumb merkin nearly blew both his try’s.

If truth be told the kiwi’s and the warriors have been under achievers for decades.
Gifted with so much natural and physical ability yet more often than not they choke or just give up.

Because the second one which was a definite try every day of the week was not given. It was a rubbish call. Yes it finishes on his boot, but that it was he has planted it on the ground. So obvious it’s not funny.

As far as only beating them, that makes it 32-12. Game set match. No hope for the Lolaroos. They still had an outside chance which kept them going and got them close. The score line was not indicative of the performance at all and it was only that way due to awful NRL bunker officiating. They nearly pulled out of their blerta for the Lolaroos.

As for nearly blew both of them. He got both of them. Had two chances. Took two chances. I’m not sure how you can diminish that. That’s some seriously weird thinking there that I can only think is poor trolling.