What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Test Triple Header - New Zealand v Australia @ Mt Smart

Iafeta

Referee
Despite bring a born and bred Aussie, I’ve always followed anyone and everyone other than Australia.

For the 4th or 5th time in recent history it was obvious that the refs and the calls all seem to go Australia’s way. Those calls have all robbed other international teams wins vs Australia. Same thing has happened in cricket for 20 years.

Sustained pressure is the key and I think the best thing for Nz was Australia scoring early in the game resulting in NZ kicking into gear.

Johnson and Nikorima short kicking game resulting in repeat sets and the new boys resulted in a good win. The smith no try was strange as it went up as a try and I saw a shot of where the ball touches the grass. Now he seemed to wobble it so maybe that was the deciding factor.

The defence issues on Latrells side were terrible or was that a plan? I doubt. Australia just needed to send it that way more. It they didn’t get the ball enough out there.

So what’s with the NZ public - ticket prices too high, continuous fails at previous attempts? Not enough support? I don’t get it. Why not fill that stadium for $10 tickets on the ends and it’s an amazing atmosphere? We really need to think about how the game looks on tv to grow the pot.

NZ should have won by 20 plus and that would have worried and scared Australia into gear For their next game. Based on them thinking they can score at any point, I think they’ll lose vs Tonga as well. It will all come down to the first 15 mins. The heart and soul in the Tongan team is huge. Also, DWZ at the back was amazing.

In terms of the NZ public, the NZ Invitational XIII team representing Tonga has split supporters. I’d bet my bottom dollar if the NZ Invitational XIII get toweled up by Australia next week their crowd will drop to half next time out. The crowd for next weekend is basically Kiwis with Tongan backgrounds that any other day of the week would support NZ but given the deplorable debacle that was the Kidwell era (losing to Fiji, Tonga and drawing with Scotland) I think a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon.

It just comes down to success. The Tongan story admittedly is a great David v Goliath story. In that sense I am happy for the Tongans. Perhaps in being fair to them the Tongans haven’t had many sporting fairy tales and so this is something that has galvanised them.

I think NZRL has been horribly marketed and they’ve been spanked in the media at both a Warriors and test level due to continued mediocrity.

Chook Norris

First Grade
How sensational was that battle between Manu and Latrell.

So good to watch Mitchell in full flight down that left side; major flashback to Inglis as he ran rampant in his early days flying past the kiwis and England.

Manu's defence was suspect early on but he came back with a bang and seemed to conjure something out of nothing every time he got the ball

Tommy Smith

Referee
How sensational was that battle between Manu and Latrell.

So good to watch Mitchell in full flight down that left side; major flashback to Inglis as he ran rampant in his early days flying past the kiwis and England.

Manu's defence was suspect early on but he came back with a bang and seemed to conjure something out of nothing every time he got the ball
They are both a joy to watch.

Big, strong, aggressive, incredibly skillful...

Hands down the two best centres in the game right now and we developed both.

Very good time to be a Roosters fan.

carcharias

Immortal
Because the second one which was a definite try every day of the week was not given. It was a rubbish call. Yes it finishes on his boot, but that it was he has planted it on the ground. So obvious it’s not funny.

As far as only beating them, that makes it 32-12. Game set match. No hope for the Lolaroos. They still had an outside chance which kept them going and got them close. The score line was not indicative of the performance at all and it was only that way due to awful NRL bunker officiating. They nearly pulled out of their blerta for the Lolaroos.

As for nearly blew both of them. He got both of them. Had two chances. Took two chances. I’m not sure how you can diminish that. That’s some seriously weird thinking there that I can only think is poor trolling.

It barely brushed a blade of grass.
It was put down on the other players boot first... not ended up in his boot.
The other one his arm carrying the ball touched the ground first then he had a second go.
I’ve seen that called back many times.
I was surprised it was given a try.
I had the sound down low so I didn’t hear the reason given for either decisions.
So I reckon the final score was about right and The kiwis were lucky Latrell dropped that ball cold.

Anyway see what happens next.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Despite bring a born and bred Aussie, I’ve always followed anyone and everyone other than Australia.

For the 4th or 5th time in recent history it was obvious that the refs and the calls all seem to go Australia’s way. Those calls have all robbed other international teams wins vs Australia. Same thing has happened in cricket for 20 years.

Sustained pressure is the key and I think the best thing for Nz was Australia scoring early in the game resulting in NZ kicking into gear.

Johnson and Nikorima short kicking game resulting in repeat sets and the new boys resulted in a good win. The smith no try was strange as it went up as a try and I saw a shot of where the ball touches the grass. Now he seemed to wobble it so maybe that was the deciding factor.

The defence issues on Latrells side were terrible or was that a plan? I doubt. Australia just needed to send it that way more. It they didn’t get the ball enough out there.

So what’s with the NZ public - ticket prices too high, continuous fails at previous attempts? Not enough support? I don’t get it. Why not fill that stadium for $10 tickets on the ends and it’s an amazing atmosphere? We really need to think about how the game looks on tv to grow the pot.

NZ should have won by 20 plus and that would have worried and scared Australia into gear For their next game. Based on them thinking they can score at any point, I think they’ll lose vs Tonga as well. It will all come down to the first 15 mins. The heart and soul in the Tongan team is huge. Also, DWZ at the back was amazing.
I'd love to hear more about all of the calls the aussie cricket side has received for "20 years"

carcharias

Immortal
I don't know if it was "planted" or not, whatever that might mean, but I think it was a fair try. I think the bunker were trying to manufacture a close finish.

If you don’t know what the word “planted” when referring to putting a football down in the act of scoring a try in rugby league is then, maybe you should try another forum....or sport ??

King hit

Coach
This is what happens when the team's full of NSWankers.

Seriously why the f**k do such inbreed Queenslanders like you need to turn everything into a bloody Origin talk. THIS IS THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TEAM HERE NOT THE BLUES AND MAROONS.

And what about the imposter of a coach and man that coaches Australia Meninga and the horrible direction from DCE and Hunt? and also idiot Meninga for giving McGuire a start. But of course they are blameless, what about when those Kangaroos teams lead by Lockyer filled with Queenslanders lost the world cup and 4 nations on home soil.