What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Pascoe - Deregistered

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ve always wondered about jobs after retirement as there is no mention of it on the nrls Salary cap explanation page. I guess it’s clear now that if a job is offered to a player whilst still playing it has to be declared and counts on the cap of that year? Be interesting to know how many nrl CEOs have broken into a cold sweat today?!

Tiger5150

Bench
id say they would lose, they got caught breaking the rules

Maybe. I’d like to see it tested how offering someone a job for 3 years in the future for a position they are qualified for would be breaking the rules and if it is in the rules how that same rule was applied to the endless numbers of high profile ex players on other clubs books

So they requested, and were granted, cap dispensation to sack Wobbie because he was a distabilising influence on the club, but not distabilising enough to prevent them from offering him a 4 yr $400k ambassadorial contract? I can understand why the NRL are confused.
Pissed off, more than confused

Maybe. I’d like to see it tested how offering someone a job for 3 years in the future for a position they are qualified for would be breaking the rules and if it is in the rules how that same rule was applied to the endless numbers of high profile ex players on other clubs books
It’s the dispensation that is the issue I’d suggest

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So they requested, and were granted, cap dispensation to sack Wobbie because he was a distabilising influence on the club, but not distabilising enough to prevent them from offering him a 4 yr $400k ambassadorial contract? I can understand why the NRL are confused.
I presume that he was labelled de-stabilising by Taylor and since he left, that's no longer the view held, hence he returned with welcome arms.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just another club rorting the system whilst battlers like the roosters are adhering to the rules and trying to make an honest go of it.

It just isn't fair.
b88441837z1_20161117140900_000g6hdce3a2-0-npi7lhkqidf3myov8n2_ct677x380.jpg

Tiger5150

Bench
It’s the dispensation that is the issue I’d suggest

I think this is the crux of the matter. When this happened, Farah had a contract with the Tigers. Between the Tigers and Souffs, he was paid every cent of THAT contract. There was no renegotiation of the contract and therefore no dispensation.

This was actually publicly announced by tigers and Farah at the time. Surely the NRL looked into it when they registered Farah contract with souffs? If not, what the hell do the NRL do?

Surely if there was a $400k hole in the contract (there wasn’t) the Nrl would have asked questions?