What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Champions’ Sydney Roosters appear on billboards in Super Bowl 53 host city Atlanta

Valheru

Coach
If Easts paid for it - then fine they have money. Other than its incorrect and a insult to Wigan and Melbourne

If the NRL paid for it - then I am deadset against wasting money in this manner at the expense of junior RL and it should be deducted from Easts grant and guven to junior RL

I doubt RLIF paid for it

Anyway the yanks its about some junior baseball club in Ohio

So if we had absolutely nothing to do with it, you want it to be removed from our grant.

Makes sense

If Easts paid for it - then fine they have money. Other than its incorrect and a insult to Wigan and Melbourne

If the NRL paid for it - then I am deadset against wasting money in this manner at the expense of junior RL and it should be deducted from Easts grant and guven to junior RL

I doubt RLIF paid for it

Anyway the yanks its about some junior baseball club in Ohio

F***ing what!?

We should be penalised if the League, of their own volition, put our heads on a billboard?

Jesus H Christ, the jealousy our club inspires & the sheer lunacy it manifests as.

The Marshall

Juniors
I think the NRL is probably a little confused with why it is doing it. I really don’t see any value in doing this.
It’s either Americans having no idea what it is or it’s a very complicated way to get a few articles in the paper about NRL back here. The whole thing just seems odd.

Dr Sbaitso

Juniors
F***ing what!?

We should be penalised if the League, of their own volition, put our heads on a billboard?

Jesus H Christ, the jealousy our club inspires & the sheer lunacy it manifests as.
Wtf??You’ve just created a thread regarding this comment???. Well Albert Steeden did anyhow.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hhmmmmm.....

Ok, they arent directly advertising the sport, the comp or even an event. Just the Roosters name/logo.

I guess the idea is to stur shit “who do these f*cking Roosters thing they are callthing themselves World Champions of Football”. At the end, the thing that sticks will be the name of the team.

I guess a controversial ad will get more attention than an informative one.

We definitely couldnt have picked a better club to be the “arrogant wankers” of the comp though...

Hhmmmmm.....

Ok, they arent directly advertising the sport, the comp or even an event. Just the Roosters name/logo.

I guess the idea is to stur shit “who do these f*cking Roosters thing they are callthing themselves World Champions of Football”. At the end, the thing that sticks will be the name of the team.

I guess a controversial ad will get more attention than an informative one.

We definitely couldnt have picked a better club to be the “arrogant wankers” of the comp though...

Wave that placard high, fella.

“Success should be ILLEGAL!”

Dr Sbaitso

Juniors
The Roosters are so good at football that Catweasel makes a new alt account every month to cry about us and accuse us of being the same person.

What an oddball.
I’m not that person, you on the other hand have 4 different accounts. I don’t the hate the Roosters at all. I don’t support them though.

siv

First Grade
So if we had absolutely nothing to do with it, you want it to be removed from our grant.

Makes sense

Because we all know that if the NRL arranged it in such away that it was free international advertising without advertising NRL in general Easts management had a big say in it

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ok, devils advocate!!!

We want it to be controversial but still innocuous. We dont want anyone offended, but we want them to ask “who do these people think they are?”

Also, we want some mistery in it. If they get all the info in the poster, they forget it. We want them to wonder about it and search the name.

Honestly, the thing i really dont get is why they picked the Roosters. If we wanna make a team logo world famous, why not pick the Kangaroos??

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. Really don't get what the strategy is behind this. Splash up a billboard and for what. What are people meant to think of it or even do about it
It creates intrigue.

Who is this team, they aren't in the superbowl? Click, click, click, ka-ching,

Latest posts