What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

martielang

Bench
Given the weather, if Katoa is out, you need to have Luai on the bench & give him time at hooker. Egan may have played 80 once or twice before but it's a different kettle of fish being Rnd 1 & with the weather as it is most play will be up the middle.

Bob

Juniors
It seems like it’s going to be a different game day captain each week, that’s the bad part.

As frog mentioned, too many chiefs, not enough Indians..
I don’t care to be totally honest, they can have 17 captains for all I care, all I want is the 17 players that take the field play to the best of their ability’s, they have a real dig win lose or draw, no excuses, that is all I expect from my team, I don’t give a toss what other teams supporters or the media think of us

Blues Riff

Bench
Someone's taking the the piss with that team sheet and all those captains (club, media, social media or Herb).
For a start the 6 leaders have never been called captains by the club. On game day the team would have a clear idea who the captain is, so that's all that matters really.

MrBlack

Juniors
Leadership group would be more of a mentoring role for younger players and set player training and behavior standards. Maybe even have a say in team selection. Both our wingers are in the leadership group, I can't remember any onfield captain playing on the wing???

Captain is a whole different thing.

snickers007

Juniors
I don’t give a toss what other teams supporters or the media think of us

I'm neither media, nor support another team - but you quoted me for voicing my opinion anyway...

The problem is that while all teams have leadership groups, they all still clearly specified who their captain is when they named their squads on Tuesday. We decide to play cloak and daggers, and not name a captain, leading to RLW/Big League running with our entire leadership group as co-captains.

Will it matter come game day? Well that remains to be seen - but if we're a shambles, the jokes will write themselves. And to think all this conjecture could have been avoided by someone tapping the C key just once while typing out our team list.

Bob

Juniors
I'm neither media, nor support another team - but you quoted me for voicing my opinion anyway...

The problem is that while all teams have leadership groups, they all still clearly specified who their captain is when they named their squads on Tuesday. We decide to play cloak and daggers, and not name a captain, leading to RLW/Big League running with our entire leadership group as co-captains.

Will it matter come game day? Well that remains to be seen - but if we're a shambles, the jokes will write themselves. And to think all this conjecture could have been avoided by someone tapping the C key just once while typing out our team list.
Will it matter game day, not at all because all decisions will be made by Ivan and relayed to the playing group by Wal, will we be a shambles because of it, no not at all, as for the jokes I am 61 years old and been a supporter since the start and I have heard them all, do I worry about it no, the most important thing for me is 2 competition points

I don’t care to be totally honest, they can have 17 captains for all I care, all I want is the 17 players that take the field play to the best of their ability’s, they have a real dig win lose or draw, no excuses, that is all I expect from my team, I don’t give a toss what other teams supporters or the media think of us

It’s not a matter of what people think, I couldn’t give a toss about that either. It’s about wether this is a good strategy. In my view you need a single club captain, someone the other players can always look to.

tripster

Juniors
Given the weather, if Katoa is out, you need to have Luai on the bench & give him time at hooker. Egan may have played 80 once or twice before but it's a different kettle of fish being Rnd 1 & with the weather as it is most play will be up the middle.

Completely agree.

I would even like to see Laui come on and play half and Cleary go to hooker.

Panfa

Juniors
Maloney will be playing his last season hes a good captain but too many missed tackles for mine yeo leads by example respected and speaks very well

GongPanther

Referee
If there is a sole captain printed in next week's Big League, I'd hang onto a fresh copy of the first round edition. You never know, it just might turn out to be a collectors piece. :)

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
cleary-n-group.jpg
This looks like a Captain to me.
gallery-captains-run