What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Souths

getsmarty

Immortal
190320_bel_web.png

TEAM LISTS

Behind Enemy Lines: Round 2
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 20 Mar 2019, 01:26 PM

South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has named his mandatory 21-man squad to face the St George Illawarra Dragons on Thursday, March 21 at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah.

Bennett has maintained the same 21 players who secured victory over the Sydney Roosters last weekend, although Kyle Turner has been named on the bench in place of Corey Allan.

Rabbitohs squad for Round 2 v Rabbitohs –

1. Alex Johnston
2. Dane Gagai
3. Greg Inglis
4. Braidon Burns5. Campbell Graham
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tevita Tatola
9. Damien Cook
10. Thomas Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Sam Burgess
13. Cameron Murray

Interchange:

14. Liam Knight
15. Mark Nicholls
16. Ethan Lowe
17. Kyle Turner
18. Corey Allan
19. Connor Tracey
20. Rhys Kennedy
21. Mawene Hiroti

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/03/20/behind-enemy-lines-round-2/

Lovemedragons

Juniors
give Aitcant to Manly so we can have Zac in the team FFS!
at least get Dufty onto wing also Periera is nothing special but Duff carved them last week just needed a little more time...he was our best attacking player but gets 10 minutes go figure.....its like Mary is paid opposition, A stooge put in by someone to DESTROY us!

my team round 2

Widdop
Ravalawa
Lomax
Lafai
Dufty ( at least hell be on the field ALL game and be able to play an unconventional role from there chinming in wherever like he did as a supersub last week)
Norman
Hunt

now with Aitken GONE and Periera gone we can not only have Duff on the wing playing a full 80 minutes we can now also have Robson OR Field to take his place as a supersub....
I agree with your sentiment about getting Dufty on the field but not sure he could be a winger, he certainly has the speed and he would be great in attack when (if) put in space but Reynolds would have a field day with kicks to the corner to his big wingers, they would have a picnic too running the big blokes at him as much as possible I fear (particularly if it was outside Aitken). He should be at fullback with Widdop back where he belongs and Norman somewhere else.

Bench

BLM01

First Grade
Interesting that Souths like the Cowboys are going with 4 forwards on the bench . Our coach will never learn .
Thats because they have a forward that can cover for injury to the backs. John Sutton. We dont have that. We need a bench player to provide that cover

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Thats because they have a forward that can cover for injury to the backs. John Sutton. We dont have that. We need a bench player to provide that cover
What about a back who could actually play as a forward? Dufty definately no, perhaps Aitken?

BLM01

First Grade
So the team needs to be excited with the ball, how many times did he say excited.
I can’t get excited at the moment

Geez if you cant get excited for Round 1 when do you next get excited. Finals?..if you make it
True to form Mary defended himself and selections saying we watch the tapes and do the reviews so he and his staff are the only ones qualified to judge and select the right side for Dragons footy.
He said it himself we should see Dufty at various stages for tiring opposition. How about he try the 1st half as well. I am hoping it is more than the end stage of 10 minutes when the game is basically out of reach expecting miracles.
His excuse why Dufty and our halves did not do more was that the Cowboys were not fatigued. Last time I looked they were too in Round 1 and not at peak playing fitness and also played in the wet / slow conditions. So I call that out as a feeble excuse.
He said we needed more line speed and slowing of the ruck identified that Souths the past few games have rolled through us with quick play the balls. If this was already known why was this not addressed before the Cowboys game.

Pablooo

Juniors
Lawrie is a very good young forward as well. While Souths are hot favorites, I wouldn’t be righting off the Red V either. I thought they were unlucky against the Cows last week and will only need a few things to click for them before they hit the go button. I don’t buy the Widdop argument that playing him at 5/8 will improve the attack. These days a fullback plays a very similar role to a 5/8 but has the option and luxury of chiming in and playing either side of the ruck. Time and patience is what that spine needs and when it clicks it will be lethal. But in fairness, losing key players like De Belin, Frizell and Sims from the middle third would hurt any teams prospects.

We have to put pressure on Reynolds .
But i bet we don't.
This is a man who kicked 3 field goals in a semi final to end our season in 2018.
We couldn't do it in that game with everything on the line.
What makes you think we can do it tomorrow night?
The only way to beat Souths and Reynolds is to starve them of possession.
If we don't at least match their forwards, that is going to be very difficult.

Old Timer

Coach
If we are going to stand any chance we must stop him.
IMO that philosophy is where we get it totally wrong some times
Worrying about them and spending your time trying to stop them is often self defeating especially the way we play footy.
We need to go out tomorrow night and give them something to think about so they have to spend time trying to counter us.
Whilst not a Norman fan I do applaud his statement that we have to chance iurcarm a bit more.
If we are in top before half time and just can’t quite get over the line well FFS get Dufty & Luc into the game and crack the thing open and make them play catch up footy because we aren’t very good at it that’s for sure.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Widdop is not a fullback. He tackled well last week and showed courage but he can not run the ball back effectively and we lose the best five eight we have. Crazy. Ok we might want to give this experiment another try but I think it weakens us. Badly. Widdop at fullback and quality forwards out will see us none from two games. Make it hard for them though guys.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Charity Shield means nothing. We were playing fatigued and it was a trial.
I'm not saying we will win but definitely think we can.
It's only round 2, I haven't written us off yet.

All teams pre-season would time their "taper" from weights, distance runs and endurance based heavy training to lighter training and ball work just before the season begins- I don't agree we can use the excuse that we were heavy legged and Souths weren't.

Latest posts