What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Any young man who shows up to Brisbane, and does not score...….

Poor form.

Get some magic. What happens in Brivegas….

T-Boon

Coach
My question is if the NRL really want to promote Rugby League why not play magic round in Adelaide...

I think they want it to be a success in Brisbane then hopefully see if cities want to bid for it.
It is a shame that the clubs have not really gotten behind it, but thats NRL clubs for you.

gUt

Coach
Any young man who shows up to Brisbane, and does not score...….

Poor form.

Get some magic. What happens in Brivegas….

tenor.gif

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Maybe a Magic State idea would have worked better..

2 games at Robina 3 at Suncorp and 2 at Townsville and 1 at Sunshine coast .. may have been a better result

You could replicate this in NZ as well with 2 x 4 games at Eden park.. Wellington .. Christchurch and Dunedin.

We will never be able to play this in winter in WA , SA or VIC as all big grounds have AFL every weekend..

kdalymc

Bench
anyone experienced Suncorp with a disabled person? just wondering about parking, access etc

Haffa

anyone experienced Suncorp with a disabled person? just wondering about parking, access etc
Stadium parking requires up front booking. The shuttle buses from the city however are completely accessible and the lifts etc in the stadium make it easy to get around.

kdalymc

Bench
Stadium parking requires up front booking. The shuttle buses from the city however are completely accessible and the lifts etc in the stadium make it easy to get around.
Yeah I don’t mind booking/ driving in. No way my old man could handle a bus

Chimp

Bench
Anyone know what the piece of music is that's used on the Fox NRL promo for Magic Weekend - was on NRL 360. They also used same music for Sharks/Storm promo last week.

redvscotty

First Grade
Yep, the busses all go around and pull underneath the stadium with very easy access. Shouldn't be an issue.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Maybe a Magic State idea would have worked better..

2 games at Robina 3 at Suncorp and 2 at Townsville and 1 at Sunshine coast .. may have been a better result

You could replicate this in NZ as well with 2 x 4 games at Eden park.. Wellington .. Christchurch and Dunedin.

We will never be able to play this in winter in WA , SA or VIC as all big grounds have AFL every weekend..

But you could do something similar, with Darwin getting one game on a Thursday night, Melb getting 2 games Friday. Adelaide x 3 Saturday. Perth x 2 Sunday (Or swap Adelaide and Perth around). I'm sure that is manageable.