What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheParraboy

Staff member
Gutho will sign on two fronts

1. He doesn’t or his manager doesn’t have anything better on the table from anywhere else

2. BA remains as coach

Might be a case of lock in Number 1 Eddie

Avenger

Immortal
Gutho will sign on two fronts

1. He doesn’t or his manager doesn’t have anything better on the table from anywhere else

2. BA remains as coach

Might be a case of lock in Number 1 Eddie
Gutherson is a very good player and the amount we have offered is bang on. I want him to stay but if he decides to leave I’d strip him of the captaincy and give it to Nathan Brown when he gets back from injury.

Gronk

Staff member
giphy.gif
Yeah nice play. When you are playing with a solid hand against a serial bluffer (Sam) you might as well go all in. Who knows, we might have DWZ ready to jump if we can give him the fullback gig.

eels_fan

First Grade
Great move. He has nothing else on table so he’d be stupid not to say yes, if he declines the best I see him getting is a $3-400k deal at the titans or Newcastle at the end of the season.

I’d also be giving Moses until the end of May to make a decision too.

T-Boon

Coach
Gutherson is a very good player and the amount we have offered is bang on. I want him to stay but if he decides to leave I’d strip him of the captaincy and give it to Nathan Brown when he gets back from injury.

Interesting idea. I don't think I would go that route, because it would make us seem reactive and unprofessional. I would probably promote someone, yep Nathan Brown, to co-captain.

Johnny88

Juniors
Just on DWZ, according to Triple M. He is upset with Ivan because he wanted to play fullback and he was training on the wing all pre season. DWZ got the shits his attitude became poor. So Ivan isn't happy with him. DWZ wants to play fullback.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
It’s not often I’d say this in relation to the club, but they’ve played a blinder here. Introducing DWZ into proceedings has been a master stroke. Glad it’s now reached a point where the dog is again wagging the tail and not the other way around. Gutho doesn’t get a chance to see if BA is re-signed or not either.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who gives a f**k?

Gutherson has had 2 knee recos. I wouldnt give him 4yrs. One more and his career is done.
We have shown some balls. Heck I reckon we leaked the DWZ to press to play Guths manager same we he has. 650k x 3yrs is a good deal for this bloke. Keep in mind we where not 100% convinced he would be our starting fullback this season.

If he doesn't take offer he moves too centre for rest of season and Bevan gets his chance. No more being bent over.

I wont be suprised if another club offers him 700k. A team like Dogs are desperate or Cowboys. Titans have Brimson who I think theyl turn to. Stoem also have 2 capable fullbacks on books someone will poach.

Id still offer Latrell 1mill a season x 5yrs.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel DWZ would only leave Panthers for a fullback spot. He does lack a passing game of a modern fullback.

Lachlan Coote would be a handy cheap option for 2yrs. He would be top 3 ballplaying fullbacks in comp. Does lack a little elsewhere but wont cost a lot.
Bevan is still good enough as well.

Just on DWZ, according to Triple M. He is upset with Ivan because he wanted to play fullback and he was training on the wing all pre season. DWZ got the shits his attitude became poor. So Ivan isn't happy with him. DWZ wants to play fullback.

great we just got rid of one prima donna and now we are looking to sign another one