What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Perth Tiger

Bench
Surely we didn't pay Packer that amount. If so that is criminal. The Reynolds signing was also terrible. We have Benji on 1/4 of that and playing better.

McQueen and Matulino aren't in the same ball park as those two however McQueen has hardly been used.
Packer was one of the form props in the comp in his comeback with the dragons. Had something to prove I guess. We signed him based on that form but after his first 6 or so games for us when he was very good, his form has fallen off a cliff.

Tiger05

First Grade
Packer was one of the form props in the comp in his comeback with the dragons. Had something to prove I guess. We signed him based on that form but after his first 6 or so games for us when he was very good, his form has fallen off a cliff.

He wasn't worth that amount at any point. I'm pretty sure he was playing off the bench for Saints.

The unknown

Juniors

Even at the Saints once he signed for the tigers his backend of the year was pretty shit, posting similar stats to what he is now. He's just a lazy deadshit

Pezz70

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised if Madge is thinking of turning Mbye into a Cook type running Hooker. The one thing I like when I see DWZ at the back is the way he returns the ball and gets momentum, similar to RTS. If Madge can get rid of some of his small errors and get his positional play correct he would be great for us, and Mbye already has a passing game and is quick, just would need to get used to the defensive load.

Two words ‘dog shit’!!!!! Second point Walters will not be coaching QLD next year based solely on the Mbye selection.

Mbye wouldn’t make the QLD oztag side on a normal day, I really don’t know what they see in him

Tiger Ted

Bench
Even at the Saints once he signed for the tigers his backend of the year was pretty shit, posting similar stats to what he is now. He's just a lazy deadshit
It’s a major league problem for Madge trying to move this bludger on.We will b taking a gargantuan haircut due to him having 2 more yrs beyond this season on huge $.At the moment he deadset isn’t worth $1 more than the value of a minimum contract.DWZ would b currently @ Concord if it wasn’t for the toxic contracts of under-achievers who were recruited by the repugnant lowlife Cleary.Hence Madge is massively hamstrung by the acute mismanagement of the cap.Its obviously y Egan has been given the arse.

Is D Lockyer still a Qld selector? I think Gene Miles is surely the 3 of them would have come up with something better like Granville to 9 and Hunt to the bench.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Two words ‘dog shit’!!!!! Second point Walters will not be coaching QLD next year based solely on the Mbye selection.

Mbye wouldn’t make the QLD oztag side on a normal day, I really don’t know what they see in him
Yep his selection beggars belief.

The impostor must wield some hypnotic power over his employers coz he’s massively punching above his weight to both b granted captaincy by Madge & a spot on the Qld bench.I just don’t get it !

Hoofhearted

Juniors

Got to love it when the kiddies get on here!!:D:D:D
One day you'll reach puberty and learn to communicate like an adult.

Pezz70

Juniors
Got to love it when the kiddies get on here!!:D:D:D
One day you'll reach puberty and learn to communicate like an adult.

The bloke had a couple of games at the bulldogs at hooker, even did his bit in losing a GF. There’s no where for him in a Tigers side, he struggled to make the Bulldogs first grade side, would be awesome at the Titans.

I’ve nothing against the bloke, I’d be ecstatic if he contributed to the Tigers side on a regular basis, I’d cheer for him every weekend if he earnt his money.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Iv heard that Matt Duffy is on his way to concord

Dufty, no better than Corey Thompson, and really isn’t what we need. We need a couple of 6’3-6’4 95+ kg lads at the back.

Or you talking ex Melbourne Storm now rugby union player Matt Duffie? He is a fair size unit who’d fit the bill, but he’d be close to 30 years old.

The unknown

Juniors
Wouldn't take Dufty tbh

He's the type of player that would excel in a successful team not ours

Thompson is basically the same and a lot safer

Vic Mackey

Referee
At least Dufty would give us some pace, but yeah I wouldn’t be keen on him. Wouldn’t mind a crack at Jai Field, reckon he’d be a good utility back.

Latest posts