What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2020 Shopping List

Chipmunk

Coach
What's missing at Parramatta is: a top quality five-eight, strong forward leadership, one (or, preferably two) state of origin level players, and a high-profile coach. So, no, Lodge wouldn't bring all that. But he'd bring some of it. (And I'm not suggesting he should coach Parramatta. Or am I?)

Which of those issues above does Lodge provide?

Chipmunk

Coach
It’s a little known secret but he’s a very good 5/8th

Unproven tbough.

We're in a position at the moment where we don't need to pay big money for unproven qualities.

We know what the issues are, we just need to buy the right players with proven abilities.

Chipmunk

Coach
What about checking out McCullough from the Broncos. Seems to be out of favour up north. 29 years old. 2 year contract to support and mentor Mahoney and Schnider. Id reckon hed bring some leadership as well.
Just a thought.

Not the worst idea, depending on cost. He's been out injured and working his way back. I suggest he'll be part of the plans going forward.

eels_fan

First Grade
What about checking out McCullough from the Broncos. Seems to be out of favour up north. 29 years old. 2 year contract to support and mentor Mahoney and Schnider. Id reckon hed bring some leadership as well.
Just a thought.

Apparently agreed to a one year extension today

eels_fan

First Grade
McCullough signed a 4 year deal in 2018 covering 2021. Was mentioned tonight years 3 and 4 are options in his favour. Probably unlikely but who knows. Get on it Marky O and Bernie.

Guess they meant he “activated” his option year for 2020

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just a thought.
Massive plodder, it would be like bringing back Matt Keating to the club. Turpin has shown more in 4 games than he has in 4 years.