What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Quicksilver

Bench
39321884520_6b9a4f4bcf_z.jpg

40419669544_e492563819_z.jpg

26259224717_e54daa1368_z.jpg

39321892140_d56942ddf4_z.jpg
That is shit.

Should have kept the old SFS and ANZ and built a better big rectangular stadium.

2/10.

At least Alan Jones is happy.

carcharias

Immortal
Have they released any plans on the what the Leagues Club will look like? Surely they should take the opportunity to give a bit more room on that eastern side and build a proper stand instead of just tacking on a few seats on the back of the Leagues Club.
Dunno
Probably just talk

Suitman

Post Whore
A GF at the SCG is going to be shit, poor viewing. It could be worse if it’s two out of Sydney teams

It's funny eh?
When I saw all 4 Parra GF wins in the 80's at the SCG, they were absolutely unbelievable days.
Atmosphere was unbelievable as a kid and the hill was always absolutely packed. No one gave a shit about the view.
Even in '77 vs ST George with 65000 people there. It was just incredible.

Now, the place is a shit hole. And it is.

sempmrh

Juniors
Sitting in the competing teams areas at the ends of ANZ Stadium is incredibly poor viewing. Surely the SCG can't be worse than that.

T-Boon

Coach
1. Bring it to Brisbane, no stadium deal

2. Keep it in Sydney, 1.8b investment in Stadium infrastructure.

Hard choice i know.
I reckon if the NRL took a year to Brisbane and burned the government over their compromised stadium at anz they would get a better deal.
food-fat-funny-kid-decision-hard-both-hands.gif
I meant this to be a like. I don’t know how to edit a quote to a like so I guess, ah, LIKE.
I mean, I am LOLing out loud.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I went to the SCG pre SFS. It was shit then & it's still shit. I hope that wooden Member's Stand catches fire one day.

Why? It gives the ground character. The rest of the stadium is pretty shit even for cricket but it’s not the old stands which are to blame. You could keep them and have a good stadium.

beave

Coach
1. Bring it to Brisbane, no stadium deal

2. Keep it in Sydney, 1.8b investment in Stadium infrastructure.

Hard choice i know.

food-fat-funny-kid-decision-hard-both-hands.gif

the original agreement between the NRL and NSW gov for the continuation of 20 odd years of GF’s in Sydney included a full knock down and re-build of Allianz AND ANZ. It also never mentioned the SCG hosting the GF’s during the rebuild period. The goal posts were then moved deluxe by the NSW gov and the NRL just bent over and took it.