What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Neither of those clubs have forced out their two best backs.

Anyway, I was just highlighting Ivan’s coaching limitations. It’s a huge concern that he can’t adapt to the talent.

Could be similar for the next guys coming through. He may not be able to get the best out of them, has to shift them on. It’s a farce.

Best of a mediocre bunch but I get your point. Seibold got rid of Roberts

Flashstep

Juniors
Where are the Tigers now? I wouldn't say he failed there it is a work in progress.

Of course fans can but most were sad to see Peachey leave so just correcting that wrong imo. I am waiting to see how the roster looks before I will judge. For me Peachey cancels out Blake leaving both on their day are great both have errors but Peachey can create from nothing. How they spend the balance of the cap is key for me

Tigers are going okay but I would say Ivan left them in quite a hole, right now they have Marshall and Farah in their spine, Reynolds on 750k and not even making the bench, blew a lot of money on Russell Packer and Matulino who can’t make the first grade side either. Mbye on a lot of money and seems to be on the outer.

Some very bad investments imo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Its pretty obvious what sort of culture Ivan is trying to build. He breaks his Tigers contract. Pushes out DWZ and Blake early into their new contracts to try and bring back Peachey who wanted out of his contract before it began.

We clearly want everyone thinking their contracts don't mean shit.

MrBlack

Juniors
Interesting isn't it? What is the problem then?

We lack the correct approach to develop our talent. Or our talent base is extremely overrated and no good.

Now that I think of it - Who was the last genuine elite player that we have developed (last 4 odd years)??

Cleary would really be the only one right now. Maybe Kikau (if we can take credit for his development).

We can develop a lot of average first graders but hardly anyone who you would call elite.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say Moylan "kicked on" either. He was very good when he was here and he's been good at the Sharks, albeit after a quiet start. Still think his best footy was in 2016.

Moylan improved last year compared to his quiet year in 2017 with us.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Now we have absolutely zero speed we need to buy Mitchell and T turbo asap.

Plonkers is an old word that suits the Panthers this year.

Hes gone from making his age origin and junior roos teams to average at NRL level since leaving us. He was ok at souths but he has fallen well short of living up to his potential.

I don’t take much notice of those junior rep teams, if you look back through them there’s heaps of guys that never even make FG.

I think he may have been victim of the old Penrith hype train.

TheFrog

Coach
If you think all the players get along you are kidding yourself.

When Ivan said there were deeper issues that he needs to get to the bottom of a few weeks ago this is the sort of thing he was referring to.

Instead of trying to manage the situation they have decided to flick players with a potential issue culturally.
Since these two have been out of the side, we've started winning.

Now that I think of it - Who was the last genuine elite player that we have developed (last 4 odd years)??

Cleary would really be the only one right now. Maybe Kikau (if we can take credit for his development).

We can develop a lot of average first graders but hardly anyone who you would call elite.

Last truly elite player the club produced was Michael Jennings, with Wade Graham a close second.

Roosters rule

Juniors
Eh, I wouldn't exactly say Moylan "kicked on" either. He was very good when he was here and he's been good at the Sharks, albeit after a quiet start. Still think his best footy was in 2016.

100% agree.
The back end of 2016 he was superb. Since then hot and cold.

An overrated talent that is as inconsistent as Shaun Johnson. Some weeks he is a match winner other weeks a chump. He has done nothing the past 2 matches so that means against the lousy Bulldogs he should be due for a big performance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Tigers are going okay but I would say Ivan left them in quite a hole, right now they have Marshall and Farah in their spine, Reynolds on 750k and not even making the bench, blew a lot of money on Russell Packer and Matulino who can’t make the first grade side either. Mbye on a lot of money and seems to be on the outer.

Some very bad investments imo.

How much is the coach and how much is management there? We have some crazy wages here but alot was Gus. How much can Hook be blamed for with that?

MrBlack

Juniors
Last truly elite player the club produced was Michael Jennings, with Wade Graham a close second.

Agree with those 2 but they are now long gone.

Hence why I said last 4 odd years.....

We have massive success in lower grades but cant seem to go to that next level.

Most who leave us are just good first graders. Moylan maybe the exception, but he was a swap for Maloney.

franklin2323

Immortal

Most who leave us are just good first graders. Moylan maybe the exception, but he was a swap for Maloney.

That is what is stopping me from blowing up about this. Just coming to week 2 isn't good enough. Too many holes in the roster fix that and then bring in a good coach and watch the team flourish

franklin2323

Immortal
Interesting isn't it? What is the problem then?

We lack the correct approach to develop our talent. Or our talent base is extremely overrated and no good.

I think we rush them to FG too much instead of them learning their craft. Look at Luai for example instead of carving teams up in NSW Cup. He is getting 10 mins out of position in NRL. Or Cleary one game in NSW Cup and has flaws that have been overlooked

Oh I agree, we’ve failed to convert players.

Status
Not open for further replies.