What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is no chance if I was the PM would I involve myself with any conflict that the US start. Not f**king one. There is a reason why travelling to Eastern Europe is relatively safe. It's because they told the US to get f**ked and fight their own wars.
Eastern Europe is full of countries that either bow to Russia or are desperate for an increased NATO (i.e. US) presence. In Australia our choice is between the US and China.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Your preaching to the converted mate. I have some old books that were written pre WW1 about some of our natural resources and of resources of the islands to out north.
Having read these old books (written in a time where fake news was shunned and ridiculed), I am convinced that Pine Gap is Lasseter's lost Reef that we agreed to surrender to the Yanks ( I know people who know people who have worked there. All U.S. citizens. A pre requisite for being on site!),
We have facilities overseas that foreign nationals are restricted from entering. Plenty of countries do.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Bitcoin isn't about to replace the USD as the world currency ( or any other trusted fiat currency ) any time soon, and blockchain doesn't need bitcoin to provide it's value.

Blockchain as a tool for transactions has huge potential, but whilst Bitcoin is making news for it's value as an instrument for speculation, rather than as a medium of exchange, it's nothing more than a means by which some people will either make or lose a lot of money.

Atm if you transact in bitcoin you are making a speculative decision on it's value at the point of transaction and the point at which you will convert it to currency, that's a huge impediment to it's value as a medium of exchange.

Imagine say selling your house today for x amount of bitcoin, with a settlement date 28 days in the future.
For most people that would mean they have now just become a speculator with their entire life savings. That's just unworkable

They will implode my friend. Their dollar is inevitably worth shit. At least it costs something to mine a bitcoin. They are just printing worthless banknotes.

Mining bitcoin is all about trust. That’s how blockchain works. Do some research don’t just troll every subject.

And if The Don reverts to a gold-backed USD?

There is no chance if I was the PM would I involve myself with any conflict that the US start. Not f**king one. There is a reason why travelling to Eastern Europe is relatively safe. It's because they told the US to get f**ked and fight their own wars.

You wouldn't get to be PM with that attitude. Epstein is gonna show everybody how true that is for a lot of countries around the world.

Gronk

Staff member
Bitcoin isn't about to replace the USD as the world currency ( or any other trusted fiat currency ) any time soon, and blockchain doesn't need bitcoin to provide it's value.

Blockchain as a tool for transactions has huge potential, but whilst Bitcoin is making news for it's value as an instrument for speculation, rather than as a medium of exchange, it's nothing more than a means by which some people will either make or lose a lot of money.

Atm if you transact in bitcoin you are making a speculative decision on it's value at the point of transaction and the point at which you will convert it to currency, that's a huge impediment to it's value as a medium of exchange.

Imagine say selling your house today for x amount of bitcoin, with a settlement date 28 days in the future.
For most people that would mean they have now just become a speculator with their entire life savings. That's just unworkable
The biggest drawback with the current bitcoin computations are the complex and energy sapping “mining” required with every transaction. Compare that to the simple but very secure end to end encryption that say WhatsApp employs.

Forbes Mag recently said

Solving the cryptographical challenges that keep information stored on a public blockchain secure requires vast computing resources. Earlier this year it was reported that the Bitcoin network is on course to burn through 42 terawatts of energy in a year – which is more than the entire energy used by countries like New Zealand or Hungary. Producing this amount of energy creates 20 megatons of CO2 emissions – the same as about one million transatlantic flights.

So for mine it is not only the volatility of the cryptos that make them unpalatable, it's the convoluted mining (validation of transaction) process. The big players will soon find an easier route and blockchain or a more simplified end to end encryption process will be discovered and render the current cryptos obsolete.

Avenger

Immortal
And if The Don reverts to a gold-backed USD?

You wouldn't get to be PM with that attitude. Epstein is gonna show everybody how true that is for a lot of countries around the world.
What’s wrong with bitcoin being the backed commodity?

And

No, I couldn’t be PM because I cannot be bought and I would only work in the interests of my people not just a select few.

Mate I like Trump but he has erred here about bitcoin. He is scared of it because he does not fully understand it and cannot manipulate it.

Last edited: