What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yep. For middle forwards the output is more important than the minutes. If anything 100 metres in 30 minutes is worth more than 100m in 60.

He seems to handle extra minutes too, when he played 49 minutes against the roosters he ran for 206m and then 57 minutes against us he ran for 149m. Kept a similar tackling rate though

TheRam

Coach
With CW his ACL came from non contact. They are the ones I worry about the most. When players collide and legs twist at weird angles it makes sense that the ACL gets torn and it is unavoidable, but when a player regularly injures his knees by just changing direction, then it will be very hard for that player to avoid future injury.

Can it be done, sure Tedesco is a perfect example where he had to learn to slightly change his running style to avoid a career ending injury. But CW is huge and doesn't step that much compared to Tedesco, so how much can he change his running style.

It seems to me his knees just can't take the daily pressure the NRL demands in training and playing. There is a lot of weight and G-forces at work here so what do you do? I was one of the strong advocates to sign him, but now I wouldn't take the risk. Very disappointing on many fronts. This may turn out to be his last major injury, but not worth the gamble. If we sign a player for 3 years, I like to see him play for most of that time, not 1.5 years of that only and some of that at a lesser capacity.

I would now focus on Frizell, as Avenger has stated many times. Awesome player and I feel he needs a change. Would cost a pretty penny, but worth every cent and of course RCG if he is still available.

TheRam

Coach
Who isn't...lol
Joel Thompson would be an ideal recruit. Great bloke with plenty to offer...

Joel Thompson would be a great pickup, at the right price. He brings a great hard nosed attitude, leadership, community and philanthropic work and awareness, intelligence, and best of all he plays well. He is exactly the type of bloke our young forwards need to see and try to be on and off the field.

A two year deal would be perfect.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gronks comment re RCG cant be discounted. He does appear to have lost his death defying attitude. Not necessarily a bad thing but it was probably his greatest weapon.
Given we now have a recruitment team Id be surprised if we moved forward with CW. So where does that leave us. HEE is now a reserve grader and Gurgess is off to the UK.
I guess we will have to rely more heavily on juniors Oregan and Stefano. Hopefully they get reasonable game time for the remainder of 2019.

Glenneel

Bench
Well there was about 4 decisions that went against Parra today. I'll expect all 4 officials be sacked and our chairman to advocate that we all get whistles and cause mayhem next week!!!! This cannot happen again!!!!!!!!!!

And btw we now have a new definition of what is a head high tackle. Was Evans sent off or to the sin bin?

Noise

Coach
Well there was about 4 decisions that went against Parra today. I'll expect all 4 officials be sacked and our chairman to advocate that we all get whistles and cause mayhem next week!!!! This cannot happen again!!!!!!!!!!

And btw we now have a new definition of what is a head high tackle. Was Evans sent off or to the sin bin?
Sin bin

Stevie

Bench

Wrong thread dude...

emjaycee

Coach
Gronks comment re RCG cant be discounted. He does appear to have lost his death defying attitude. Not necessarily a bad thing but it was probably his greatest weapon.
Given we now have a recruitment team Id be surprised if we moved forward with CW. So where does that leave us. HEE is now a reserve grader and Gurgess is off to the UK.
I guess we will have to rely more heavily on juniors Oregan and Stefano. Hopefully they get reasonable game time for the remainder of 2019.
We will still be making a play for RCG and I am hearing Welch has an option for 2020 to stay in Melbourne and if I was him after the latest injury setback, I would be taking that option.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We will still be making a play for RCG and I am hearing Welch has an option for 2020 to stay in Melbourne and if I was him after the latest injury setback, I would be taking that option.
The talk was he'd already activated that option but had an agreement that he could leave if he received a better offer. A better offer may well be a dream now regretably.
Tepai, Gower and Alvaro were pretty average today. Time to try the kids I reckon.

Avenger

Immortal
The talk was he'd already activated that option but had an agreement that he could leave if he received a better offer. A better offer may well be a dream now regretably.
Tepai, Gower and Alvaro were pretty average today. Time to try the kids I reckon.
Alvaro has been a consistent let down this season.

Latest posts