What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We will still be making a play for RCG and I am hearing Welch has an option for 2020 to stay in Melbourne and if I was him after the latest injury setback, I would be taking that option.
HOW f**kEN DUMB ARE THE STORM TO OFFER OPTIONS IN THE PLAYERS' FAVOUR LOLOL!!!

Oh that's right, player options are a concession clubs can make in order to have a player agree to a lower contract value. Silly me.

emjaycee

Coach
The talk was he'd already activated that option but had an agreement that he could leave if he received a better offer. A better offer may well be a dream now regretably.
Tepai, Gower and Alvaro were pretty average today. Time to try the kids I reckon.
And if the kids aren't really thought to be ready yet???

hindy111

Post Whore
We will need to find a replacement for Manu for 2020.
Niakuore will do an ok job. Taka is worth a top 25 spot.
Evans has started to play well and thats a bonus. I'd bring Terepo back in side. We lack punch off bench.

I agree it would be worth resting a few guys. Gower would benefit with a week off before finals.
Tepai,Alvaro,Mannah,Terepo,Gower all should be rotated.

At this stage of year I wouldn't give Kafusi anymore first grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
Terepo made 155 mtrs
7 tackle breaks
7 passes
39 tackles 1 missed

Compared to Kafusi and Stefano he was the pick. Stefano made excellent PCM and his stats out shine Kafusi weekly.
Kafusi seems to have a lot of games with 50-60mtrs and not many tackles. Too low for a prop starting in NSW cup. Bit confusing.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kaufusi's defensive work rate is poor. That's why he's not in FG, which for some reason people can't seem to understand. Gotta be better that in the top grade.

He'll get there but right now it's completely understandable that he's behind guys like Alvaro, Tepai and Terepo

emjaycee

Coach
Because of how shit our forwards have been for a few years now (and our propensity to overrate out juniors) i reckon we are looking at Oregan and Stefano to simply walk into the team and become superstars. Realistically, forwards dont really peak until mid-late 20's and it is not common for a forward to debut as young as 19 or 20. Sure there have been some exceptions of late such as David Fifita, Payne Haas and even TPJ but of these only really Haas has maintained his form.

I don't see Oregan or Stefano being regular, top line NRL forwards for at least another year or even 2 (when they will be the ripe old age of 21 or 22 FFS).

Glenneel

Bench
The talk was he'd already activated that option but had an agreement that he could leave if he received a better offer. A better offer may well be a dream now regretably.
Tepai, Gower and Alvaro were pretty average today. Time to try the kids I reckon.
Not sure what has happened to Alvaro, still appears to be wearing concrete boots and why bring on Moeroa for a cameo, waste of bench spot? Need much for punch from our bench, our intensity dropped off badly when starters were off, so need to give others a go. Maybe blood Stefano and give him a taste of first grade.

Glenneel

Bench
Alvaro was a big part of our strong middle defence. He was everywhere.
Yes just ok in defence but poor in attack. Its a game of two parts Pou, attack and defence, and our attack was poor with the benchies on. That needs to improve big time for the finals otherwise we'll be roadkill.

greena

Juniors
I am not sold on 4 forwards as reserves. We would be in big trouble if something happened to either Brown or Moses. I prefer Salmon as it gives us coverage for the halves and he has added a good running game and pace later in each half of the games that he has played

Latest posts