What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

The unknown

Juniors
That game should have been at Belmore not homebush. Don't understand why so many games need to be there.

$$$$$$$$$

I actually don't blame the shit crowd though. I went to the gym yesterday and from my car to the entrance it was like a f**king hurricane + freezing and just wanted to get in the door asap

Sitting in that soulless dome would have been torture with those conditions

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not at Optus. Optus uses pricing categories based on configuration. Rectangle seats have one set up and AFL oval and Cricket oval have theirs.

But my tickets were in the same general area with a $10 difference. My Origin tix were on the halfway in row 2.

Union the 22 line and row 15.

My soccer tickets at Optus also fell into the same category.

Rectangle seating arrangements can still vary depending on the event.

Looking at these three maps, Wallabies V All Blacks, MU V Lees and MU V Glory, all three have differences.

This link below is for the Bledisloe - you will see they have five categories, the soccer have four (ignoring 'grassroots'). There are also pretty significant differences to the upper tier when it comes to categories.
https://www.queenoftickets.com/bled...and-perth-optus-stadium-sat-10-aug-2019-17-45

The below is for MU V Leeds.
https://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=685

Which differs from the below, MU V Glory as there are three different categories for the upper tier.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsgjMZBU0AAuq1-.jpg

So even for the same sport featuring one of the same teams there can be a different category set up. We see this at lots of stadiums. I couldn't find the origin map for Optus.

T-Boon

Coach
Fantastic crowd, I was very wrong in my assessment. Those lower tiers must hold way more than what it looks.

Again a lot of credit should be given to NEWCASTLE fans. There was a lot there last night and they were loud. It says a lot about SYDNEY teams that NEWCASTLE fans attended at BWS in larger number than the Sydney clubs that have played there.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic crowd in Canberra, looks great on TV too. Shame about the result so far hopefully the raiders keep up the form into the finals.

Stallion

First Grade
Again a lot of credit should be given to NEWCASTLE fans. There was a lot there last night and they were loud. It says a lot about SYDNEY teams that NEWCASTLE fans attended at BWS in larger number than the Sydney clubs that have played there.

Yes. The timeslot matters for travelling fans. 2,3 and 5.30pm are attractive for longer distance travelling fans with 5pm onwards being the best timeslot.

horrie hastings

First Grade
19530 here in Canberra

Not sure where the other 6000 fit?

There were quite a few empty seats in the Grandstand bay 14 where I was sitting and they weren’t available on ticketek when I bought tickets last Tuesday. I think down the southern end where the solar panels are there used to be some sort of temporary seating there years ago which has since been taken away.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Gosford looks great, looks like a tiny section in the south east corner not occupied , Good crowd in Canberra , a shame they didn’t quite hit 20, 000. Was so easy getting out of the car park after the game too.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Gosford looks great, looks like a tiny section in the south east corner not occupied , Good crowd in Canberra , a shame they didn’t quite hit 20, 000. Was so easy getting out of the car park after the game too.
South-east corner is usually kept vacant due to a nesting Opsrey in the light tower above and the associated debris. Council had been looking to address but unsure if that's happened as yet.

Latest posts