What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep. The NRL missed a huge opportunity. Crowd at bledisloe announced as 61,241 “the highest sporting attendance in Perth”

Well, the only good thing about that is that the AFL will never beat a rectangular sporting crowd in their own shitty round stadium. Well done ARU. And the NRL need to take a lesson from this.

Stallion

First Grade
Yep. The NRL missed a huge opportunity. Crowd at bledisloe announced as 61,241 “the highest sporting attendance in Perth”

So it was a 65000 capacity stadium for union (61000 attending)on a Saturday evening compared to a 60000 capacity stadium (over 59000 attending ) on a Sunday for the rugby league state game on a rain sodden night.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well, the only good thing about that is that the AFL will never beat a rectangular sporting crowd in their own shitty round stadium. Well done ARU. And the NRL need to take a lesson from this.

Do they? They filled the stadium and made twice as much money as the aru in doing so. Pretty good business I’d say.

Stallion

First Grade
Do they? They filled the stadium and made twice as much money as the aru in doing so. Pretty good business I’d say.

Would hope thats an easier thing (for RL)to do with a clearly superior sports product! However union will deceptively claim the crowd figure a true reflection of the popularity of union. That's the way this dodgy code rolls!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I don't know who told you that, my Perth Origin ticket was $180 and my Perth Bledisloe ticket was $170, the Bledisloe ticket was in a worse seat.
Rugby uses different seating map allocations compared to origins - at Suncorp at least. For example they use the front of level three as bronze (nrl use as silver) and the corners of level five are sometimes gold, rather than silver for league.

Category B last night was $169. The second best category at the league was $355. Maybe they reduced prices but when I had a squiz I was shocked at its affordability. As I was the last time Suncorp and ANZ hosted it.

VictoryFC

Bench

Yeah, Im sure weagles fans are drowning in tears. Lesson? Lol. Only small mind mentality sports clinging on to life, like union and soccer, need to trumpet record ground attendance. Who the f**k cares if 61k show up to one event while 60k show up to another? If thats all a sport has to cling their hat on, theyre in trouble. And union is definitely in trouble. Therell be close to 60k at the next weagles game no doubt, wonder how many will show up to the next Force game?

ReddFelon

Juniors
Rugby uses different seating map allocations compared to origins - at Suncorp at least. For example they use the front of level three as bronze (nrl use as silver) and the corners of level five are sometimes gold, rather than silver for league.

Category B last night was $169. The second best category at the league was $355. Maybe they reduced prices but when I had a squiz I was shocked at its affordability. As I was the last time Suncorp and ANZ hosted it.

Not at Optus. Optus uses pricing categories based on configuration. Rectangle seats have one set up and AFL oval and Cricket oval have theirs.

But my tickets were in the same general area with a $10 difference. My Origin tix were on the halfway in row 2.

Union the 22 line and row 15.

My soccer tickets at Optus also fell into the same category.

Latest posts