What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s beginning to look like a three horse race for the premiership

[J]ust like Dragons fans did 60 years ago.
The repetitious disparaging remarks you make ad nauseam towards that 11-straight Dragons team is funny as f**k. What makes it even funnier is it's ancient history.

You are one f**king f**ked in the head weird merkin...

TheDalek079

Bench
storm are the only team that can win. Roosters have too many injuries. even once we get everybody back there wont be enough time for the combinations to gel properly. and all it takes is a head knock to Keary and we are gone. i feel like we'll probably get knocked out of the finals in the second week.

SBD82

Coach
Looking like a four horse race to me. Manly, Canberra, storm and roosters.

Obviously Storm and Roosters deserve their favourites status.

The first week results will be crucial. It will only take one of roosters and storm losing in the first week to put them on the path to meeting each other in the major semi instead of the GF. Given the form of Canberra and manly it’s a scenario that could easily play out.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
storm are the only team that can win. Roosters have too many injuries. even once we get everybody back there wont be enough time for the combinations to gel properly. and all it takes is a head knock to Keary and we are gone. i feel like we'll probably get knocked out of the finals in the second week.

What injuries? Cordner and Friend are both expected to be back for the finals. Full strength if no more injuries and most players have been rested at some stage. Pretty well placed I’d say.

jiorl

Juniors

wow your a pessimistic one

footy75

Bench

huh...Roosters will be fine.

Diesel

Referee
There are two teams stacked with talent and playing at a different level. The only way the Storm or Roosters aren’t playing each other on October 6, is if one (or both) have an off game the weekend before the GF.

carcharias

Immortal
I’d say Cameron Smith will be making yet another losers speech on grand final day.

Storm just can’t win Grand finals against a team that challenges them.

Travitoh

First Grade
Because some clubs have advantages over others, and the same old teams winning it year in and year out makes for a boring competition. And the AFL do it successfully with the draft. Note Brisbane leading the AFL.

Drafts are bad for sport. It promotes mediocrity and punishes success. Might as well hand out certificates for participating every year.

Good kids are forced to enter bad environments and it stunts their development. Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast are all proof that the draft system doesn't work if the club is broken. There is no way that the Titans deserve access to the best kid in RL.

Only 3 number one picks since the AFL draft started in 1981 have gone on to win a premiership at the club that drafted them.

Melbourne and Sydney aren't where they are because they stockpile the best kids in the game. They make them the best kids in the game.

It also creates more dead rubbers at the end of a season as clubs decide they're out of the premiership race and give up on the season. You don't get sides like Canterbury taking down top 4 contenders at this stage of the season if it means dropping down the draft list.

With a draft system, Cody Walker and Damien Cook would've most likely disappeared into the wilderness before now. Both played for NSW this year. And there are plenty of other late bloomers in the NRL that would've been missed I'm sure.

The only positive that a draft system has in the offseason is when it creates hype for a couple of the spring months. Otherwise it's very much just dictating to kids what path their career is going to take.

Clubs need to improve from within, otherwise nothing will change.

Canard

Immortal
I’d say Cameron Smith will be making yet another losers speech on grand final day.

Storm just can’t win Grand finals against a team that challenges them.

Would you say, the secret to beating the Storm is scoring more points then them?

carcharias

Immortal
Would you say, the secret to beating the Storm is scoring more points then them?
Just give them a tough game.
They play the same almost every game.
There is no lift for grand final.
Lost to sharks
They beat cowboys who were busted
Lost to a 12 man roosters

They’re a grand final myth

DC_fan

Coach
I know we haven’t quite finished R.3 yet, but even at this early stage it really is starting to look like a race between the Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs for the premiership.

Whilst Canberra gave my prediction a bit of a scare for a while, their bubble has now burst and they are no longer a premiership threat.

So it is now down to three teams for the premiership, the Storm, Roosters and the Rabbitohs. The three teams I predicted 23 weeks ago. Obviously being a Souths fan I hope they get there, but I have feeling it will be a Storm v Roosters grand final.

Latest posts