What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Teach

Juniors
I'm wondering if they may bulk Burton up a bit and look at him as a ball-playing back rower who can pinch hit in the halves in the mould of Wade Graham. He certainly has the right height, he just needs to add another 15kg, which at his age is certainly possible.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm wondering if they may bulk Burton up a bit and look at him as a ball-playing back rower who can pinch hit in the halves in the mould of Wade Graham. He certainly has the right height, he just needs to add another 15kg, which at his age is certainly possible.

This makes more sense, long term. He is a big tall rangy kid and will almost certainly bulk up anyway once he has a full off season with the full time squad so certainly an option.

OldPanther

Coach

Would be a way to get him on the field effectively. How do you fit him with Martin, Kikau, Burns, Yeo as second rowers?

I wouldn’t be turning anyone into a backrower until they’ve had a good run in the halves.

Graham had the touch to play in the halves but he never had pace like Burton does.

Kilkenny

Coach
I wouldn’t be turning anyone into a backrower until they’ve had a good run in the halves.

Graham had the touch to play in the halves but he never had pace like Burton does.

Your right. Burton is a 5/8 and should be given every opportunity to make his mark in the NRL in his rightful position. I thought his kicking game today was very effective all round.

martielang

Bench
Given our weakness at centre, if Burton is moving anywhere it’s there. Would probably help his development as well.

As for FB, you’d sooner play Luai at FB. One poor game shouldn’t rule him out as an option, especially as he’s played there & played well in lower grades.

Let’s be real but, the kids played 1 game in the NRL.

OldPanther

Coach

Your right. Burton is a 5/8 and should be given every opportunity to make his mark in the NRL in his rightful position. I thought his kicking game today was very effective all round.

The key to my argument earlier was fitting both Burton and Luai in the spine together. I've been against the Cleary to 9 argument but would take it for this to happen. As it won't that's why I suggest fullback.

Also a part of it is I'm not ready to give up on Laui because Ivan has had him on the bench, I assume to get others into reserve grade for development purposes but people like @franklin2323 would know better than me.

Kilkenny

Coach
The key to my argument earlier was fitting both Burton and Luai in the spine together. I've been against the Cleary to 9 argument but would take it for this to happen. As it won't that's why I suggest fullback.

Also a part of it is I'm not ready to give up on Laui because Ivan has had him on the bench, I assume to get others into reserve grade for development purposes but people like @franklin2323 would know better than me.

Edwards, Staines and Daine Laurie serve us well going forward in the fullback position no need to look at a makeshift.

OldPanther

Coach
Edwards, Staines and Daine Laurie serve us well going forward in the fullback position no need to look at a makeshift.

My argument for Burton at fullback is the same as Herbert's for Nathan at 9. I believe his skill set would suit the position as much as his current one if not more. He is tall and lanky like Tom Turbo, has a step like Ponga, can pass well and has some speed. Hypothetically he's the perfect fullback.

Black Diamond

Juniors
My argument for Burton at fullback is the same as Herbert's for Nathan at 9. I believe his skill set would suit the position as much as his current one if not more. He is tall and lanky like Tom Turbo, has a step like Ponga, can pass well and has some speed. Hypothetically he's the perfect fullback.
Yep I'll buy that, what you say is right, he does have those qualities. It would be something to be able to keep Cleary, Luai and Burton in the same team and be 3/4 of the spine. Yes they would be raw but what a future these 3 have in front of them.

Panfa

Juniors
Daine laurie would have to be no 1 fullback at our club when injury free.Whats happened to alan fitzgibbon he looked like our version of ado carr is he injured.

Kilkenny

Coach
H
Daine laurie would have to be no 1 fullback at our club when injury free.Whats happened to alan fitzgibbon he looked like our version of ado carr is he injured.

Hasn’t been playing for St Mary’s so maybe is injured.

Shame the club is not for forthcoming with information about the fringe players.

I was wondering today watching CC what happened to Ratu Tuisese but no information anywhere so he is either injured or missing in action.

Always liked Ratu, not the biggest winger but a real little powerhouse. Not saying NRL standard but certainly worthy of his spot in CC.

ashton

Juniors
H

Hasn’t been playing for St Mary’s so maybe is injured.

Shame the club is not for forthcoming with information about the fringe players.

I was wondering today watching CC what happened to Ratu Tuisese but no information anywhere so he is either injured or missing in action.

Always liked Ratu, not the biggest winger but a real little powerhouse. Not saying NRL standard but certainly worthy of his spot in CC.
Ratu Tuisese was released to play grade with a Rugby Union club about 3 mouths ago.
Daine Laurie is too small to make it in the NRL. Hope he proves me wrong

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone who tries to turn burton into a backrower is fired. The kid is an out and out half, a more natural half than any we’ve produced in a while.

Fit him in the backline where you can but bulking him up to play as a forward is not happening.

His kicking game is outstanding so I back him to overtake Luai at some stage

franklin2323

Immortal

Also a part of it is I'm not ready to give up on Laui because Ivan has had him on the bench, I ashsume to get others into reserve grade for development purposes but people like @franklin2323 would know better than me.

Did you see Burton's kicking game yesterday? I just don't see Luai with having that but I have no doubt Luai will start at 6 and we will get a chance to see how he goes.

Burton's speed, footwork and size atleast leaves the option to play both and still can use that kicking game

OldPanther

Coach
Did you see Burton's kicking game yesterday? I just don't see Luai with having that but I have no doubt Luai will start at 6 and we will get a chance to see how he goes.

Burton's speed, footwork and size atleast leaves the option to play both and still can use that kicking game

That's why I asked about Staines and am willing to compromise on centre with a view to move to 6 later.

Status
Not open for further replies.