What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You were the one questioning the -players saying when does the blame get shifted to them. If it is the players fault do they ever get held accountable?? And coach can do no wrong so what were we just unlucky??? We were just a little unlucky the whole of 2018.........
Well we'd need to be very lucky to win every game, which is the only thing that'd make you f**ken happy.

Eelogical

Referee
Well we are stuck with him now so may as well be happy to plod along in the name of stability.

Hope we don't ruin our premiership window in the next 2 or 3 years with a coach not good enough IMO.
Where did you expect us to finish this year (and I haven't consulted the prediction thread as I never made predictions myself)? For me, 2020 will be BA's year to show or go.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Where did you expect us to finish this year (and I haven't consulted the prediction thread as I never made predictions myself)? For me, 2020 will be BA's year to show or go.
I thought we would be somewhere between 8th and 12th. We have done better than I thought. But I still believe it's more to do with a soft draw and the NRL comp being the weakest I can ever remember. It's hardly to do with us being some gun side with some quality coaching.

Soto

Bench
Well we are stuck with him now so may as well be happy to plod along in the name of stability.

Hope we don't ruin our premiership window in the next 2 or 3 years with a coach not good enough IMO.
Just back from the game and here are my observations.
- refs were absolutely disgraceful
- the ball kept going to the right in attack. Very few times was the left given early ball.
- go forward was decimated once Evans and Paulo were off. Why does BA wait soooo long to bring them back on???? Hellooooooo!!!
- get rid of the mahoney/gutho rubbish. Mahoney has to do more than just distribute. He needs to capitalise on quick play the balls and make yards up the middle
- Moses kicking game was off tonight. Either put the ball in the fkn air or roll it along the ground. These half bomb/chip kicks are deadset a waste of time and just catching practice.
- attack was sideways tonight.
- boy we miss Fergo. This is not an attack of Taka as he has played well but Fergos runs, influence and leadership would have been very handy tonight.
- Lane also played well tonight but had the opportunity to create a 3 on 2 and didn't let the ball go.
- Nathan Brown will now be gone for a couple of weeks but gee he needs to touch the ball less especially in the opposition 20.
- has gutho lost pace or is he out of gas because of the hooker experiment.
- id like to see Mannah back in for Alvaro.
- obviously Taka to the bench once Fergo returns but who plays hooker if/when Mahoney goes off..
Ok im done..thanks for reading if u got this far :grinning:

Eelogical

Referee
I thought we would be somewhere between 8th and 12th. We have done better than I thought. But I still believe it's more to do with a soft draw and the NRL comp being the weakest I can ever remember. It's hardly to do with us being some gun side with some quality coaching.
Fair enough. Let's see how we go in the finals though, OK?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah best to lose the close games now and win them in finals.
The bench lacks balls. Tepai,Alvaro,Gower lack any punch. Id prefer a bench with Terepo on it and I still reckon Mannah would fire the side up and play like a mad bull given the chance. He would be in my side from here on out.
The bench has been very ordinary. Evans hasn't been playing long minutes, other than when Paulo was out against the Titans, so he might be better being on the field while Paulo is having a rest.

emjaycee

Coach
I've been savaged by saying Gutherson will never be elite. He does a good enough job however and far from our problem. MJ is ok for 2020. Will be rubish in 2021.
A loss was what needed. Gives them something to work with.
Nikuore to 13 and Fergo in. Any reason Terepo was dropped?
Paulo came back.

JokerEel

Coach
Our bench is terrible and as soon as Paulo / Evan's / Mahoney went off we lost our advantage..

Will be interesting to see our side next season...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just back from the game and here are my observations.
- refs were absolutely disgraceful
- the ball kept going to the right in attack. Very few times was the left given early ball.
- go forward was decimated once Evans and Paulo were off. Why does BA wait soooo long to bring them back on???? Hellooooooo!!!
- get rid of the mahoney/gutho rubbish. Mahoney has to do more than just distribute. He needs to capitalise on quick play the balls and make yards up the middle
- Moses kicking game was off tonight. Either put the ball in the fkn air or roll it along the ground. These half bomb/chip kicks are deadset a waste of time and just catching practice.
- attack was sideways tonight.
- boy we miss Fergo. This is not an attack of Taka as he has played well but Fergos runs, influence and leadership would have been very handy tonight.
- Lane also played well tonight but had the opportunity to create a 3 on 2 and didn't let the ball go.
- Nathan Brown will now be gone for a couple of weeks but gee he needs to touch the ball less especially in the opposition 20.
- has gutho lost pace or is he out of gas because of the hooker experiment.
- id like to see Mannah back in for Alvaro.
- obviously Taka to the bench once Fergo returns but who plays hooker if/when Mahoney goes off..
Ok im done..thanks for reading if u got this far :grinning:

Agree on all those points. If N Brown was going to get the ball in that position it would be trying to draw the defence and get a good ball away.

I don't mind when the big forwards take it up draw the defence and pass it, but on occasions they passed too deep and Canterbury expected it.

Latest posts