What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Roosters

forby

Juniors
Kikau should be released now, no point in making him waste his career surrounded by a bunch of losers as he will if he sees out his contract.
Why don’t you just go and support somebody else!
What a ridiculous comment to make!

age.s

First Grade
Everyone on Reddit commented Egan made us look better lol. If he had support on his run we score.

Egan had one really sharp run and went ok overall, but the best we looked was the first 15 minutes of the match before Katoa ran out of gas.

DaveMc

Juniors
Why don’t you just go and support somebody else!
What a ridiculous comment to make!
It’s true, the dude will be another Hayne if he stays, just a waste of talent. If you truly love someone, set them free. Let him go win a premiership with Easts or the Storm, he deserves it.

The Realist

Juniors
Tamou played his heart out., as most of the side did. We were up against a Ferrari compared to our Holden.

Yeah he played his heart out, padded his metres and tackle stats but all of that is MORE than undone when he goes missing in defence. He conceded 2 to 3 linebreaks, he is always good for at least one a game. Not good enough from an $800K player.

TheFrog

Coach
I’m not making excuses just venting!
I’m frustrated with decisions such as the Cleary no try, the To’o play the ball etc. Most of the time it has no effect on the result, but like tonight, 12-12 at ht and it could be a different game.
The Roosters deserved to win, but they still seem to get a lot of things go their way!
They were never giving that try. You cannot just stop in the defensive line. Maybe a rule that you have to actually attempt the tackle would be called for.

Abacus

Juniors
Tamou played his heart out., as most of the side did. We were up against a Ferrari compared to our Holden.
Most of the year Tamou has been good but he looks to have tapered off towards the end. Tonight wasn't 1 of his better games.

Abacus

Juniors
It's not the first time RCG stopping in the defensive line has resulted in a no try - which is the more frustrating aspect. The dumb f**k needs to take 3 more steps and its not an issue. It's either attitude or fitness.

Abacus

Juniors
I thought Edwards, Leota, Kikau & JFH were good. A few others tried hard - To'o, Burns good on debut but probably left out there too long, Katoa & Egan.

The rest need to have a good hard look at what they dished up tonight.

OldPanther

Coach
Egan had one really sharp run and went ok overall, but the best we looked was the first 15 minutes of the match before Katoa ran out of gas.

I think that's more to do with having RCG on than anything. Poor guy seems gone. Not sure what he needs to get better again but he kills our middle.

DaveMc

Juniors
Do you really think Dave will sack his mate with a year to go?
Far out, is it another 4 seasons from now? I must’ve underestimated. Actually, assuming Ivan and Nathan are here til the end of 2023, and then allowing for an inevitable rebuild after his tenure is done, I guess I’ll see you all in 2026?

Das Hassler

Bench
Ive long had a positive view of Nathan but i'm starting to fade. if he was on the open market right now there might not be the scale of bidding war that might be expected for his services as a half . ...good defensive goalkicking wingers though...can't get enough of those !
***Burton***....did i spell that right?

BxTom

Bench
Far out, is it another 4 seasons from now? I must’ve underestimated. Actually, assuming Ivan and Nathan are here til the end of 2023, and then allowing for an inevitable rebuild after his tenure is done, I guess I’ll see you all in 2026?
The hypocrisy of the situation is that we have Dave and his mate claiming that players are overpaid and their contracts are for too long, yet the two worst performing people paid the most on the longest contracts are the Clearys.

The Realist

Juniors
yet the two worst performing people paid the most on the longest contracts are the Clearys.

Yep pretty much. Someone needs to hit reset on the entire club, from the Chairman, CEO and coach, down to just about every player.

If I had a magic wand that could wipe the roster clean and start again the ONLY players I would 99% keep are JFH, Kikau and To'o.