What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would happen if...

Vic Mackey

Referee
On Saturday evening the Bulldogs beat the Broncos leaving them on 25 points.

On Sunday Wests play Cronulla with both on 24 points but both have better differentials then Brisbane.

So come 2pm Sunday Esan Marsters kicks off, it goes to Chad Townsend who catches the ball, then all 26 players sit down on the field and enjoy the Sydney sun for the next 90 minutes. Both teams get a point and both qualify for the finals.

Would the referees do anything? Would Todd Greenberg step in and ban both sides from the finals ensuring the Broncos make it?

I know it would never happen but it would nearly be worth it for the LOLs

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So come 2pm Sunday Esan Marsters kicks off, it goes to Chad Townsend who catches the ball, then all 26 players sit down on the field and enjoy the Sydney sun for the next 90 minutes.
Chad would still have to do something with the ball otherwise the ref would (for the first time in ever and ever) actually call a voluntary tackle. I'm not sure it's actually possible to sit down and do nothing.

Would be funny though to watch two teams try not to do anything.

Duges would still probably get injured...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He'd be penalised. Than tigers could miss the penalty kick and put it did. Then the sharks go over time with the dropout and tigers get another penalty shot which is missed. Rinse and repeat. After golden point marsters is 0/85

JamesRustle

First Grade
On Saturday evening the Bulldogs beat the Broncos leaving them on 25 points.

On Sunday Wests play Cronulla with both on 24 points but both have better differentials then Brisbane.

So come 2pm Sunday Esan Marsters kicks off, it goes to Chad Townsend who catches the ball, then all 26 players sit down on the field and enjoy the Sydney sun for the next 90 minutes. Both teams get a point and both qualify for the finals.

Would the referees do anything? Would Todd Greenberg step in and ban both sides from the finals ensuring the Broncos make it?

I know it would never happen but it would nearly be worth it for the LOLs

I think it would be best to play under a gentleman's agreement for the first 80 minutes with low impact defence to end up with a high scoring and entertaining draw.

Golden point should be a scrappy, scoreless affair with no shots at FG and any tries bombed with a god-awful last pass... it shouldn't be too obvious, but should plant significant doubt as to the integrity in the administrations mind so that a knee-jerk decision is made to scrap golden point for regular seaon games henceforth.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Chad would still have to do something with the ball otherwise the ref would (for the first time in ever and ever) actually call a voluntary tackle. I'm not sure it's actually possible to sit down and do nothing.

Would be funny though to watch two teams try not to do anything.

Duges would still probably get injured...

Well they could just stand there. Chad is exceptionally good at doing nothing.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
giphy.gif

A QLD team has made the finals, suck it up.