What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

VictoryFC

Bench
Well, I mean, Stuart Broad would dead set have to be in the conversation as one of England's best quicks- the guy is a brilliant player.

There's no question about it. He's one of their best in history, and has played most of his career with another of England's best ever in Anderson. People don't realise how much this team is gonna struggle over the next few years when they both step down.

We're gonna win the next two Ashes after this easy. Our quicks are just coming into the right age to dominate and they have guys like Archer who are just starting out. It's gonna be fun to watch for us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There's no question about it. He's one of their best in history, and has played most of his career with another of England's best ever in Anderson. People don't realise how much this team is gonna struggle over the next few years when they both step down.

We're gonna win the next two Ashes after this easy. Our quicks are just coming into the right age to dominate and they have guys like Archer who are just starting out. It's gonna be fun to watch for us.

Agreed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why aren’t the Poms bowling Leech, they have to be a better option with the new ball than the other quicks lol.

Bazal

Post Whore

You are seriously underestimating our batting woes in terms of the next series in England.

There just aren't quality young players coming through like there used to be. We cannot rely on Smith alone forever

Burns would be good.

The old incumbent, Matthew Renshaw, would be good, because at least he fights every step of the way.

Warner and Bancroft should never play Test cricket for Australia again, imo.

If we're doing horses for courses for bowlers, why not batsmen?

Warner and Khawaja unequivocally suck outside of Australia, worse than batsman that are less talented than them.

In Australia, you'd be stupid not to pick them; they're in our top three batsman.

Bazal

Post Whore
Why aren’t the Poms bowling Leech, they have to be a better option with the new ball than the other quicks lol.
images

VictoryFC

Bench
You are seriously underestimating our batting woes in terms of the next series in England.

There just aren't quality young players coming through like there used to be. We cannot rely on Smith alone forever

The next Ashes series in 2021 is in our backyard, so it's a given we'll tonk them in that one. After that is 2023, and it's hard to project the makeup of the team 4 years ahead of time. What we can guarantee is that the quicks will most likely be the same more or less. Cummins will be 30. Starc 33, Hazlewood 32, Pattinson 33. And that's assuming those 4 are still out frontline picks by 2023.Who knows what comes of guys like Stanlake or Richardson.

Obviously you're right about the batting stocks. But as long as our attack remains better than theirs (and without Broad and Anderson it most definitely will), we're huge favourites to win.

I don't follow English cricket so dont know who they have coming up, but I seriously doubt they are going to replace two of their greatest quicks ever with like for like replacements in the next 4 years. They'll be lucky to see two bowlers as good as Broad and Anderson in the next 30 years.

undertaker

Coach
How much of these guys' pay is performance related?

The useless fat track bully doesn't deserve to be paid what I'm sure is a grotesque wage in this series. If fair is fair, donate all of it to Smith whilst you're bending down kissing his hand, you f**king plodder
I'd be all in favour of replacing Warner in the squad with Ellyse Perry. I'm sure she could teach him how to bat properly instead of posing in ads for LG OLED tvs